No Man's Sky

So, it may be a little early to talk about this game seeing as it hasn’t even been given a release date yet. Regardless, anyone out there interested in “No Man’s Sky?”

For any that don’t know it is(or is advertised as) an open world, exploration game. You have a ship and explore hundred of procedurally generated planets, flora, and fauna. Since there is so much content when something new is found it is registered under your name.

5 Likes

Gosh DANG it looks pretty.
I want it.

5 Likes

It makes me want to get a PS4 or an OP gaming computer, I can’t wait!

2 Likes

It does look really fantastic, and I sure will hop on board with it as soon as it releases. The only concern I have is the fact that each world will be randomly generated, which could very well make certain worlds less interesting than other. I’m still looking forward to it though.

1 Like

@LokaCola I haven’t thought about it like that. I guess in a way, random generation can be concerning. In an interview the devs even stated that they found some truly ugly creatures and plants from the random generation, so the planets could have a similar outcome. However due to the sheer number of planets I think that there will be enough interesting planets.

Too bad that it’s a PS4 timed exclusive. :frowning:

Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking about. But despite this concern, I have no doubt that there will be interesting worlds to explore.

2 Likes

I want this game, even though I know my computer couldn’t even hope to run it.

1 Like

Same here. I am going to wait for it to come out for PC, but before then if I hope to run the game I will need a new GPU. My PC isn’t bad, in fact it’s pretty good…except for my GPU.

2 Likes

I want this game so bad… even though my computer would probably have a heart attack from it, and I can’t afford a PS4.

1 Like

This looks like MY kinda game. That being the exploration of worlds with tons of flora and fauna.

It’s a shame that my chromebook doesn’t like this game as much as I might.

Might as well post the gameplay trailer

1 Like

Hello Games said in an interview that there were “ugly” and “uninteresting” worlds. But what they did to counter this is they gave the blander worlds the rare materials. So that’s where you want to go for mining.

1 Like

Hm, that sounds like a fairly decent solution actually.

1 Like

Okay so this looks fantastic, and i plan on getting it, but i’m somewhat worried of the over ambition of the project.
While they claim they’ve resolved the problem of boring generated planets, and pretty convincingly, what kind of saddens me is that there probably won’t be that great depth to the entirety of the experience. I mean yeah, the planets are actual planet sized planets, friggin cool, and there’s a bunch of unique animals, day/night cycle. But what about different weather, climates, size of the planet, speed of it’s rotation, it’s gravity. Also, i get the feeling that most planets have animals on them, and that seems really repetitive and anti-emersive.
But IDK the game’s not even out or finished.

man i just found out about this game and it looks amazing! Though I proabably wont buy it if its expensive, (My limit is around the 50-60 doller range)

so… what is people’s opinion on the game currently after it have been released today?

if you guys don’t know, the game is now resiving a major flood of negative critisism.

yea its a bit underwhelming to say the least. I mean I expected the game to be like mine craft except with an in game economy (villagers hardly count) and guns. Not to mention that the diversity on planets gets repetitive after a while. I also expected to see things like full on cities and fully explored planets by other races, or that you can explore the home planets of the aleins, instead we get alein ships which all look the same and only a handful of races (korvax, vy kynn, etc.

Apparently they’re trying to bring it back. :rocket:

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/979294685876322304/video/1