Non-Organic Kanohi Calix, by Toatom and Cat

so a long while ago, i asked tom to make a mask for my dumb OC. i provided blueprints i drew myself, he made the model. now here it is in all its glory!

the mask fits.

take a look at this beauty! i love how the cylinders fit between the cheek parts, perfect.

available NOW! Toa Rori's Kanohi Calix (WG2HVET8K) by tom_rule95

61 Likes

Should this also be Placed in Marketing because it says

1 Like

I envy all the people with access to a 3D printer! But this looks awesome! You are one talented designer

5 Likes

I assume they used Shapeways

2 Likes

the detail of the design is darn near perfect,

but, I think it should be less, stretched, like more like the 01 komau, more rounded and flat,
I’m sure it’s just personal preference, but it feels too sleek and angular to me.

3 Likes

this mask is amazing

why am i surprised, this is cat we’re talking about

8 Likes

Wow I really like this! And I dont mean to be rude,but it looks like something from destiny.

Wow! I love it!

It looks just like an official mask design, if not better.

I really wish it was for sale… Or rather, can’t wait for it to be.

Awesome to see more complex designs like this actually printed. The mask radiates sleek design; it definitely looks like a worthy redesign of the organic version. Only critical suggestion that I can think of would be that the two holes at the chin break up the flow of the rest of the design by a little. But honestly, that mask would sell an official set for me.

1 Like

Paging @Kahi

2 Likes

Oh my god
this is friggin wonderfull
i need one

And I thought my sketch for a non-organic Calix looked cool… Excellent design, it looks great! Then again, cat is kinda amazing all the time.

1 Like

This is amazing.

I’ve been running into problems with doing a self-MOC and was thinking of creating my own custom Calix to be 3D printed as well. I’ve really always used a custom one in my comics, anyhow. I’ll definitely be ordering this one if you guys put it up for sale on Shapeways; it’ll be great inspiration.

To quote Batman, “Does it come in dark red?”

18 Likes

very impressive.

I want one.

###THIS IS THE MOST FANTASTI-COOL™ THING EVER.

Very well done. This is my new favourite 3D Printed mask.

Sorry, Karzahni.

4 Likes

cries in the corner about how I can’t 3d model

7 Likes

This is perfect.
More non-organic Inika masks!
…Please…

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. We need these.

Maybe the elda next.
It needs it.

4 Likes

Uhhh…

But you seriously should use this instead of the regular Calix, it would make it look less lame than the Miru.