Nostalgic bionicle sounds

I get what they were trying to do; make it feel more exotic by having instruments from various cultures, but some just don’t really mesh well. The erhu sounds out of place

No, I agree, I was just joking. :slight_smile:

The telescope soundtrack in Mnog still gives me the chills. Nostalgia crushing you with a bulldozer again.

The voice of Eljay.
:mask:

Hahli jumping in the water in MNOG.

1 Like

I can’t find a video of it, but the Visorak sound effect from Bionicle Heroes, the one they make when they jump at you. “Euuuuuuuh!”

1 Like

This music that plays while your on the site. It’s relaxing, yet slightly ominous.

1 Like
  • The song from the earliest trailer of MoL. The fact that I can’t find the song itself anywhere just contributes to the nostalgia, as weird as it may sound.
  • Bionicle Heroes soundtrack.
  • The ‘Woosh!’ at the beginning of the Toa Mata videos, as well as the ‘Ooh’ at the end (yeah, the onomatopeias are incredibly descriptive, I know).
  • The mechanical noise when the characters moved.
3 Likes

3 Likes

…And now, try to imagine a fart joke in the grimdark '06 or '07. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno 06 had its cheesy moments too like the Piraka Rap.

Everything from the '08 Battle For Power game

9 Likes

The difference is that the silliness of the Piraka Rap was a side effect of it trying too hard to be hip and relevant, it wasn’t a deliberate decision to make it humorous. Plus, it was non-canon and the canon media from that year pretty much lacked lighthearted moments.

Oh man yes!
I had forgotten about that.
I loved that game so much.
So much.

1 Like

I’ve never heard the piraka rap, so when anyone mentions it, I think of

#####So they’re finally here, performing for you
######If you know the words, you can join in, too…

1 Like

Become enlightened

1 Like

You’re right about one thing:

That is a Bionicle sound, not a song.

2 Likes

Hovers mouse to the left… ascending three-note sound
Hovers mouse to the right… diabolical-sounding techy bloops

2 Likes

#FartsAreCanon

1 Like

But love is not…
why :thinking:

BTW, hi! I haven’t seen you in a while here.
(I no longer have the mask of time as the avatar, but I hope you still recognize me :wink:)

1 Like