Nostrovos the Legionnaire

I recently bought a bunch of G1 parts on BL. So now I’m experimenting with combinations of G1 and CCBS. I like some of the unique looks of the older masks and weapons.

This guy Nostrovos is an intergalactic Legionnaire. Basically a frontline warrior who charges fearlessly into battle. The “tip of the spear”, as they say on the battlefield.

Back

Prisma with Tokyo filter

Alt mask

57 Likes

###### It looks like Optimus Prime
I like how you played the Inika armor onto a standard CCBS skeleton piece
The color scheme is quite nice
Cool moc

4 Likes

It has some parts that I utterly hate (like the ankle and wrist connections) due to my love of sturdiness over design.
But, if I overlook that, the first thing I said when I opened this was “hey, that looks pretty friggin cool” and I stand by that. It looks very cool. I love the color scheme, and I’m a huge fan of what you did with the spear and the shield.

1 Like

Thanks man. The thing I like about the double-ball joint for the wrists and ankles is that it allows for much more expressive posing and weapon stances. For example the spear can be pointing straight forward in a stabbing/thrusting pose, which isn’t possible with a single ball joint.

I know. I’ve used it in the past for that very reason, so I completely get where you’re coming from. The thing is, unless you glue them or something along those lines, they WILL fall out.

Also, looks like you got a cracked arm piece there, buddy

Dude, don’t I know it. I’ve got so many of those pieces with cracks. Luckily they’re like $.15 apiece on BL. So I just stock up every few months with new ones.

Such a bummer that the sockets on the old parts crack so easily.

2 Likes

Pretty cool. The color scheme is an interesting one, both striking and well distributed. It definitely brings out the valiant warrior look a lot. The way the upper arms are angled more inwards in relation to the shoulder armor looks kinda awkward, but I see no glaring flaws other than that.

1 Like

Yeah, they tend to do that. Personally, I find that if you apply enough force on the sides of the sockets with your thumb and the knuckle of your forefinger (the areas that actually hold the joint in place) when you go to snap in or pull out the actual limb or whatever, those pieces seem to break less often, as the plastic is less likely to start pulling itself apart.
That aside though, I loved everything up until the Avohkii. The Volitak just fits better texture-wise, in my opinion. Great job!

1 Like

This. I like this. Just a lot of great design choices, the spear, the shield, the colours, also the mask i feel works well here, i definitely like it over the Avokhii. You certainly are great at making simple yet effective mocs

1 Like

The original mask is better than the Avokhii imo. Another great moc, and it further encourages me to try out Prisma…

3 Likes

I really like the style. The CCBS and G1 parts work really well here together.

I love the color scheme. That said, the build is pretty good until you get to the back of the torso, which could use some more coverage and more colors.

I dig that color scheme. Not much a fan of the alternate mask though.

1 Like

the arced silver pieces, were they cut from a hordika piece or was it from a system set?

Do you mean the ones on the forearms? No, those aren’t cut. They’re from the minifig Bionicle sets. There’s a whole bunch of them. They make great accessories/greebles for CCBS sets because their pegs fit perfectly into the shells. And they’re literally pennies each on BL:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=A

thought so it just reminded me of nokama hordika’s harpoon tips.

1 Like

This M.O.C. is great the color scheme makes him look a bit like captain american in true bionicle form. Though it is very basic mic looking little different that the set the mask came from. whose name escapes me for the moment.

1 Like

You’re a brave man to MOC with '08 joints.

Good MOC. I quite enjoy how you’ve melded the two aesthetics together.

1 Like

Looks pretty cool. The Kanohi Volitak flows with the rest of the MOC very well, and i like the combination of the red and the blue. The Avohki doesn’t fit as well however. I am not quite sure if I like the look of the attachement to the back of the head.

Consider using the Pre-2008 sockets, for example, in the lower arm you could have used a Toa Metru upper leg piece. While they do still crack, they don’t crack as easily as the '08-'10 sockets do. Just a tip, doesn’t really affect the overral build or look of the MOC itself.

1 Like

Thanks Wolk. That’s a good tip.