Novel V3

So, I wanted to change the image of my self moc to something else, but keep the “split colors” thing from my previous self moc

I totally didn’t make a weapon that I liked and made a moc around it using a mask that I love

I came up with, I counted, 14 iterations of the head trying to make the eyes

I made the weapon a veeeery long time ago, but didn’t have a moc to put it on.

What even is focus anyways

So, yeah. more than half of the effort that went into the moc went to the eyes, which didn’t even turn out as well as I thought they would.
:\

Edit* I’m an idiot and completely forgot to give credit to the guy who pretty much inspired my love for this mask and this basic layout of moc, @Ventum.
He’s pretty much what I strive to be as a moccist, and I love all of his mocs to death. Ventum, if you’re reading this, please grant me your unending knowlege of the arts.

49 Likes

This is great! Definitely one of the better executions of the half and half concept I’ve seen. I love the weapon.

1 Like

Danke

Like, compared to my other split mocs? ARE YOU CALLING MY PREVIOUS SELF MOC TRASH? HOW DAR- faints /s

1 Like

I’ve seen the concept used rather frequently. Its not that any of the other ones are bad, its that this is the best one I’ve seen.

1 Like

Saw an opportunity for a dumb joke, and I took it.

Yeah, I was just alluding to the fact that I’ve made a fair few split mocs
Like this
and this
and maybe this
or maybe that one 6 year old split guy I posted in this topic
Or shameless self promotion

1 Like

Oooh, very nice! I adore that weapon. Do you mind if I took inspiration from it?

As for the figure, he looks pretty solid. Perhaps some trans red/blue on the legs would help balance the colours a bit. Also, do you have the parts to replace those grey balljoints on him shoulders with black ones?

Those backwards feet look painful. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

o, danke

YES.

no.

Well… if trans-blue wasn’t as elusive as it is, I would totally do it.
I do have… 10 more trans-blue bohrok eyes plus a couple 3 long and a couple 4 long shells, but all of them are currently on another moc that I’ll post soon.
Maybe I’ll add them later, though :>

Oh if only hordika necks came in black… I would melt…

I… I don’t know how to put feet on these

Somebody please tell me

I am truly touched by what you said and I’m glad you really enjoy my work.

I see the inspiration you’ve taken and I like how you tried it in your own style. The split color idea is very interesting and incorporated relatively well, limbs aside. I also really like that weapon, it’s pretty cool and the build is done fairly well. I will say that I’m not a fan of how gappy and unfilled it is near the top/end. But that’s only a minor nitpick.

Also, I know it’s been mentioned, but the backwards feet kind of confuse me. Why are they backwards? When it comes to the bone, you could always put a tire around the ankle and flip the feet forward. Just a suggestion.

All in all, a pretty good MOC

Oh, and one final note. Hordika necks do come in black, but are very elusive as they’re mold tests straight from the Lego factory and appear in no Lego sets:

4 Likes

[oh god don’t be awkward again]
uuh, I love you too
[fffffffffff-]

Yeh, I pretty much got exited that I got the head to work, and made a quick moc around it. I need to make an actual custom torso, and actual arms and legs.
As for the feet… iunno. Usually I’ll make the excuse of “oh it looks better irl,” but I can’t even say that here.

Over the Rainbow - (line 8)

google it

1 Like

Man, that weapon is awesome! Looks like something the necromongers from chronicles of Riddick would use. AND the moc uses my favourite mask, what’s not to like. Great job.

1 Like

I was brought here by Ventum.

So uh…not disappointed! I remember back when he was orange and green and man it was awkward but y’know what? He’s done some growing up and I think it works out pretty well!

I have no clue what the feet are trying to do though. Just like…flip them back around…they look like his ankles are broken right now IMHO.

On a personal level I also dislike the lower legs because I’ve never liked that design - but I do also realize there are quite a few people who do coughTahu2015cough

I see the Ventum too. It’s pretty well done but he’s missing the ears :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not bad. I like the torso design and the way the split color motif was applied.

1 Like

This is quite brilliant, good job!
Any way you could show us how you made the head? I am very interested, as I am constructing a character that is supposed to be half-blind, so knowing a way to use two different colored eyes would be great!

1 Like

Yo man you insulting my previous self-moc? Square up m8

I totally agree, though I think this moc hasn’t completely escaped the “awkward” phase

They were placeholders, as I thought I was gonna re-do the arms and legs, but I kinda just gave up.

Please refer to the answer to the previous question

I wasn’t trying to copy his work, I just love it and it made me want to make something similar. Trust me, I couldn’t even come close to copying most moccists’ work, let alone Ventum’s.

Danke

No problem! Just give me a little bit. My camera died mid photo-shoot of this guy, and we need to replace the battery.
I might take a picture with my phone, but I intend to do another shoot with a couple of other mocs at the same time, and to add the mask-less head in there as well.

It’s actually a really bad way to do it. The head bulges out the back, and looks ugly. But I’ll post it anyways.

That was a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What’s a joke

That he was missing the ears.

I know he’s not meant to be Ventum - I was just making the joke that the Ventum MOC itself always has ears.

1 Like

No, like, what is a joke

Is making up words allowed here

Oh dear.

I see how this is :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The eyes look great! I love it! The only thing I’d redo are the legs. They seem too… “official LEGO”