Obscure/Ridiculous LEGO/BIONICLE Products Discussion

Better than an introduction through McDonalds toys.

Like me.

2 Likes

Hey, those were the most solid amazing McDonalds toys to ever exist. That was the first, and last time McDonalds EVER had high quality happy meal toys man.

4 Likes

It was the Mistika line of sqeaky plastic toys that could only move their arms and hips, not the Tohunga.

2 Likes

The ones where each of the limbs were all one ā€œpre-bentā€ piece, with hardly any detailing? I hated those so much, especially since I first got into BIONICLE because of the Tohunga. I expected better from McDonaldā€™s BIONICLE toys at that time dangit!

3 Likes

Reidak was fun. I loved that oneā€¦

1 Like

I apologize for the large postā€¦

19 Likes

I didnā€™t think it was possibleā€¦but Kongu now has quadruple Cordak Blasters

32 Likes

Oh mah red stars you are right.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s one of those covers that have different images depending on the angle you look them at (if that makes any sense).

5 Likes

Yeah like one of those 3D ones.

Itā€™s still amusing, though.

6 Likes

I like Kongu now.

9 Likes

This is the smallest mech iā€™ve ever seen

23 Likes

hey i have that one, i got it from buying another Nexo Knight magazin.

that model by the way shows up in the story for a short time.

3 Likes

itā€™s beautiful

6 Likes

It looks like one of those smaller battle suit thingies that their doing. Probably for Robin, but I donā€™t watch Nexo Knights so meh.

it does not actualy make an appearance in the tv show, and its not for Robin.

those mini battle suits were actualy used by the Nexo Knights in a training exercise in the magazine were i resived that set in.

i could take some photoes to show if your interested.

3 Likes

Itā€™s only three, sorry. The hahnah crab is carrying the best-lit one on the lower left.

1 Like

Somebody has already posted this like 2 years ago but I literally just made an account here to explain something you might like reading. Iā€™ve just come back from a search to find this bottle online because I actually received one back when it was released when I was 6 (it was released in 2007, my birthday is in december so I mustā€™ve been around 6). I donā€™t really follow lego at all anymore but it holds a close place in my heart and it gave me huge nostalgia when I remembered the bottle an I figured Iā€™d try to find it and also explain this thing and how ridiculous it seems.

I got it free with 8917 ā€œKalmahā€ one of the Barraki warlords Iā€™ve just had to do some research on. I recall it being with them because of the little jelly-like things that you could fire with the modelā€™s crossbow appendage (as well as how Iā€™ve just seen the name + the packaging). I loved this set but even better, when I got it the lady who worked in the lego store gave me this. It was a free bottle which you got with the model, whoā€™d of thought? It was likely a limited-edition product that was given away for free with the newly released bionicle set or something. I initially thought it may have been a free gift when you spent a certain amount on bionicle sets but it matches the boxing/slogan/theme of Kalmah anyways so it must be a limited edition thing for Kalmahā€™s set.

And now as I recall, we did have several of the Barraki warlords (Kalmah, Ehlek, Pridak and Takadox), which we bought to take on holiday with my brother, we also bought 8893 ā€œLava Chamber Gateā€, which was a bionicle playset of minifigures. Pretty fun stuff :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I found this thing on the Bionicle shelfs in my local store. - What a bizzare thing this ā€œKetarā€

11 Likes

I love how they say build your own universe as opposed to just build your own toa, rahi, character or whatever; really shows how the possibilities are endless; limited only by your imaginationā€¦and they say Bionicle and system bricks are nothing alike :unamused:

21 Likes