Ocean Animation Test

A test animation of the ocean I made from the beach scenery. The waves are calm and peaceful. The ocean animation was made by using an ocean modifier and applying key frames to simulate waves. Also, the little guy next to Tahu is Moto, son of Narmoto. Don’t know his official name, so I just used that for now.

Edit: If your wondering what Tahu and Moto are doing, they’re doing what’s called an “Idle Animation” where the characters stand and do nothing, but are still moving to show life. In 2d animation, idle animation is not necessary, but in 3D, characters gotta constantly move even when standing or lying down. Took me forever to figure out what idle animation was.

https://vimeo.com/216947630

32 Likes

It looks like Tahu and Moto are breathing heavily.

5 Likes

Nice job! The idle animation is just subtle enough, the water looks great too save for a few frame jumps here and there.

2 Likes

sorry about that lol I’m still learning animation and just recently learned what Idle animation was.

Thank you. If there was no idle animation, Tahu and Moto would look like statues, which is not what you want in 3D animation. The ocean animation does need some improvements as well.

The program is Blender. You can download it here. Download — blender.org

Whoah! I want this program too!

1 Like