Official BIONICLE: Journey to One Discussion Topic

I would rather have some intimidating lines to say to the Toa during the back-and-forth beam war instead of yelling and struggling to get out. In my opinion, Makuta should have been out long before Gali blasted him.

Don’t stop there. Give the Toa some intimidating lines too. They sounded pretty childish when it came time to fight baddies.

1 Like

“We do if we believe”

gunshot

5 Likes

I hated that so much. Just because you freaking believe in something doesn’t mean that it will happen, and that line belongs in Care Bears, not BIONICLE. XD

Even something as simple as “We’ve made it this far. We owe it to ourselves to see this thing through to the end, regardless of the cost! We will forge a new destiny for Okoto!” would have worked.

8 Likes

I just realized that. They shot beams out of their chests like Care Bears. Lego and Volta why???

10 Likes

I got strong MLP vibes from that…though even MLP is probably better…

2 Likes

I don’t watch it on my own, not that there’s anything wrong with people who do of course, but from what I’ve seen when my sister watches it, it actually has some pretty intense story arcs at times. Like, it’s actually something I’d expect from a legit good cartoon as a kid. I’d even say that it’s pretty gender androgynous in terms of what it offers. That is unless you’re a boy getting into that pre-teen gritty edgy phase.

I’m still waiting for a Steel Samurai cartoon tho. I’d dedicate myself to watching that, and it’d be way better than what JtO offered. The Uniter’s wouldn’t be able to save Neo Olde Tokyo as they battle the evil Magistrate!

3 Likes

Same here, I have seen a bit of it, thanks to my older sister. namely a few of the early “boss fights” Not really my thing, but good for what it is.

That line is cringeworthy, plus Lewa accentuated the “believe” in such a childlike manner. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was hoping that his tone was sarcastic and another Toa like Kopaka would shut him down, saying something simple like “Well Makuta certainly believes too; he’s coming out!”

@Tarvaax I know, and it doesn’t help that they don’t really need to believe anyway because their future destinies are already preditermined in stone and they already know exactly what to do and all that garbage :unamused:

5 Likes

long sigh

wipes away a single tear

Yeah, that was a disaster.

2 Likes

After all this, I think the only winner among the toa for Gen 2 was Onua.

5 Likes

By the end of Journey to One, he was just about fed up with the other Toa and their crap.

6 Likes

Onua was the only REAL Toa, everyone else just ran around making bad jokes and trying to give up. I really like how he is portrayed as the wiser, almost…older Toa (GGGEEEEEWWUUUUNN CAALLLLBAAAAYYYYCK!!!) Onua just seemed more dedicated and grounded then the rest of the Toa. Note how in the race scene (long sigh) He made no effort to try to win, he just made a bridge and helped pick up Pohatu’s slack. He has his priorities straight. While everyone else is fighting like clueless morons, Onua is the one who goes and seeks out the wisdom of Ekimu. (who actually knows what is going on)

People always complain about Onua acting like some neanderthal moron in G2, when he is clearly the only sensible Toa.

13 Likes

That was only due to his portrayal/voice acting in the 2015 animations, being the clumsy one who kept breaking things

I really liked Onua’s voice in the animations, and thought it was his best in any BIONICLE media. (It does not have much competition…)

Now as for being clumsy and breaking stuff, that does make sense, they have just arrived on the island and are not fully aware of their powers and strengths. It is like if you gave a toddler the body of the Hulk, stuff is bound to get broken. the LOSS fight is his first fight that is not against puny skull spiders.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this said before. I like how people have close to no evidence when they say this, because I never saw it all all.

2 Likes

Say what?

1 Like

Onua was my favorite character out of the six (not saying the others were bad, just not as good as Onua). He looks like the last Toa to act the way he does, yet he’s the most dynamic character.

2 Likes

welp this isnt that important

but Bionicle: Journey to One in spanish is called Bionicle: Juntos en el camino which translates to “united in the journey”

funny fact I guess.

3 Likes

In Italian it’s “United for victory”…

2 Likes