Official BIONICLE: Journey to One Discussion Topic

I… I uh… I like that better than the English title…

8 Likes

But then it would be more obvious that the Toa would win :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, not necessarily. Sports teams and war propaganda always uses the “TO VICTORY!” slogan, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll win.

Arguably, the Toa lose in JtO anyway. :joy:

6 Likes

In French it’s “Le Voyage Vers L’unique”.

Of course, that can be read as “Voyage towards Unique”, but I’m sure they meant “Voyage towards Unity”, which is similar and disappointing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think that it’s read as “the Voyage towards the unique” as the “l” in front of unique is a proposition in french…“the unique” could mean “the one”

tbh even though “the journey to one” has a nice ring to it, it hardly means anything and honestly just sounds like a bad translation. =P

2 Likes

Except in JtO the Toa don’t win.

They put Makuta back in the Shadow Realm, and while that is true, nothing has changed from 2015 to 2016 excpet for the fact that Ekimu is awake.

1 Like

Ekimu’s evil plan worked all along.

People forget that Umarak is dead, so the creatures don’t have to hide in their regions anymore to guard the masks; they can stay and protect the villagers

5 Likes

Are the creatures really that strong though?

Yes. The Toa could barely stand their ground against them; they’re equals

2 Likes

true, but the one thing that people bring up to show that the creatures are more or less weak, is how Uxar was easly captured by Umarak and the Shadow traps, which if that scene shows the creatures as being weak and how the toa are not able to defeat the creatures… what does that then mean about the Toa’s power?

1 Like

Well, the Toa literally are their entire element, so (at their full potential) could be expected to be many times more powerful than the Creatures, which are only a piece of each element.
However, at the time of fighting the Creatures the Toa didn’t know this and were possibly only their masks’ powers, so it’s reasonable that a Creature with thousands of years more (rememebered) experience could match them.

As for Umarak, he exists to balance all six Creatures so would make sense to be six times as strong as one Creature. Plus, Shadow naturally counters the other elements in G2 due to being their absence. (I’m guessing Agil would have been equal to Umarak’s power if they had fought…)

4 Likes

G2 was a mess and the lore makes no sense anymore. Let’s leave it at that.

10 Likes

somehow more convoluted than g1s lore even though g1s lore is multiple times bigger

8 Likes

That’s what you get for slamming the end of 2017 into 2016.

6 Likes

Gosh I hate saying this because I loved G2 and saw it’s potential, and then it died with a horrible ending…

7 Likes

I just wish the team wasn’t so restricted. I’m still in live with the artbook because of how many ideas and the amount of freedom the artists seemed to have. While I still enjoy JtO’s style, it does sort of fall flat.

2 Likes

Yeah dude. G2 had more wasted potential than HF.

not sure how to put this, but Journey to One has a space in a page on TV Tropes:

Edit: Yeah, i was worried that the word would be forbidden on the message board. Sorry Eljay.

8 Likes

The ending got what it deserved, I guess.

As much as I loved the new Bionicle, that ending made absolutely no sense.

3 Likes