Official RPGs Development Topic

Cool. If I execute on that idea I’ll keep you in mind

1 Like

I would love to play in a spider-man rp

I’ve got a Spider-man version of me. I’d totally play it.

1 Like

Been thinking about them beans making an RP eventually, based off a Dungeons and Dragons setting I made, Talamh. It would primarily take place in the Kingdom of Gaelitia, an Elven land in a volatile continent named Eiren.

The question is whether or not people would be interested in playing around in an Elven kingdom with very strict religious structure. Another question is finding the setting. I have another DnD campaign going on RN, and I am unsure if it would be wise to make a game taking place before the campaign or after.

There is also a sci-fantasy setting I have in mind, based off Greek myth, called Constellia. It would be more of a comedy, and the different DnD like monsters come from different planets.

What do you all think?

6 Likes

So like a couple of months back about half a year ago I thought of rebooting an old Rp that some of you might recognize as Island Of Mystery.

Either way life got in the way and I haven’t really been able to work on it to terribly much. However for those unfamiliar with the Rp, it was a sandbox type of player driven Rp hosted originally by @Runa.Yes, I have asked Runa for permission for making this reboot and she gave me an ok

Thusly I wanted to expand on the original Rp a little bit by adding a story that can be followed if so choose but will have limited or no affect on players decision rather that players decisions affects the story. The way I planned to do this was to incorborate box text(story segments) that only would appear through interacting with certain objects or Npcs. Otherwise all other sandbox aspects of the original would still be there. So if you would want to build a treehouse as a Makuta for example you could do that.

What was this story then well I’m not going to go in depth too much here since I don’t have it finalized or want to spoil anything if this ever comes to fruition.
Anyhow the story would have taken place on “The Island of mystery” not the islands real name, which is somewhere in the multiverses center and you find yourself waking up on this island unconscious after having experienced something ripping you from your reality. You end up learning that any form of dimensional travelling has been nulified and that your stuck on this island against your will until you and whoever you partner up with can solve this mystery and escape the island.

So that was about how far into planning I got before putting the project on the backburner. However I don’t know if It is worth countinuing working on it or not so I would love some feedback on it. This isn’t my first attempt at an RP but my other attempts have gotten lackluster results so I’m trying to be a little more cautious with this one.

So, me and @MichaelBT-7474 have co-developed an RP revolving around the lore of my fictional universe. It revolves around The Council of Life(a race of Multiversal Angels in my lore), and their war with the demons, who were originally Council of Life members that fell from grace and became corrupted.
This story and template of this RP may be a bit overwhelming to any newcomers to my universe, since it has a foundation of an entire year of prior stories and lore built around it.
However, it should he fairly easy to grasp and understand, as long as you don’t read too deep into all the details, and only focus on the story of this RP alone.

Here is the link, for anyone who is interested:

1 Like

Nice how a question is asked and the activity is just used as a way to advertise[quote=“Chronicler, post:88, topic:45803”]
What do you all think?
[/quote]
I can’t speak for everyone of course, but I’ve had way too much oversaturation of the DnD medieval fantasy setup. I’d like to play something more unique, more diverse than what’s usually on the boards - railroading nonsensical stories and DnD literature fodder are everywhere.
Of course I think you’d do a great job DMing the rp but honestly I probably wouldn’t play it. I haven’t had a chance to gain interest.

2 Likes

Hmm… Maybe I should try something else then.

I am quite good with superheroes. I should stick to that forte and see what everyone thinks.

1 Like

Heh, well, Mctoran’s needlessly ridiculous railroad has the superhero genre by the throat, and Runa’s New hawkhood has all the engaging activity. If you posted it I’d definitely join, but you’d need a unique spin for it to be successful.

The thing is, I don’t railroad. :slight_smile:

What do you think would make it unique? I thought my Constellia idea was quite unique but I suppose nobody wanted to join it, which is a big shame.

1 Like

A western?

I thought my Empire of Insects was unique, and it died in a month. Maybe you could do something weste-[quote=“Traykar, post:95, topic:45803, full:true”]
A western?
[/quote]

Uh yeah, what he said. Western superheroes would be definitely unique but I have no idea how it would be, y’know… GMed without devolving into petty chaos.

Ohoho. I have an excellent idea for a western. Again, it’s unfortunately in my DnD setting but it has dinosaurs and lizard people. Was wanting to save it for an actual campaign but if people are interested, that’s fine.

Or I just do a standard western. I know the genre well, I watch a lot of them with my grandpa.

4 Likes

Nah, I just mean a flat out western. I rewatched the dollars trilogy a while back, and it’s on the brain.

2 Likes

You could do a western, but you’d need to make it interesting and keep it enclosed enough to make it easy to GM.

What if it took place on a train?

I was actually thinking of using trains, yeah. My idea was basing it in Montana when the Great Continental Railroad was being built and people were still homesteading.

Or Oregon, a state I know quite well. Not a lot of westerns take place in Oregon or Washington, as many prefer the aridness of New Mexico or the plains of Montana and the Dakotas.

The only issue is that I’m afraid of portraying Native Americans. Their culture is very delicate and I’m still trying to learn how to accurately assess their people. I also really don’t want to offend anyone.

100th post woo

A mountainous setting would be more unique - there was a really good book I read a while back which I can’t remember the name of, and in the first chapter wolves attack a train heading out west at night. It was really well written and I imagine a stressful scenario like that would be fun to play out in rp.[quote=“Chronicler, post:100, topic:45803”]
The only issue is that I’m afraid of portraying Native Americans. Their culture is very delicate and I’m still trying to learn how to accurately assess their people. I also really don’t want to offend anyone.
[/quote]

If you choose the right time period, or even fictionalize it slightly, you can avoid having to mention them altogether. And attempting to properly portray Native Americans is going to be a tossup no matter what, because their culture is roughly divided by tribe, of which there were dozens at least.

At this point I’d imagine a dm is necessary but idk

1 Like

Hmm. Perhaps Idaho? They’re between the Rockies and the Blue Mountains of Oregon. Or I could base part of an Oregon setting near the Cascades. The Cascades have tons of wild life, beautiful mountains, and dense pine forests. I kinda feel like doing the Cascade range solely because it’s so familiar to me.

I also know quite a bit of Oregon’s foundation history, and focusing it on the Oregon trail could be very fun. Or at least that time of settlement.

You’re correct. I could definitely fictionalize it. I just don’t want to be exclusive of Natives, since they are important to the history of the American west, especially the Northwest. I may need to do some homework beforehand. Thankfully, I am currently taking a class on the American West, so this would actually be good exercise on what I learned!

1 Like

I think your original idea was interesting, however as it seems from you and Ghids discussion it might be heading in a western genre direction. Which I could be down for.

Also I’m sorry for shamelessly “advertising” my idea directly after your question like that, hope that me sharing my opinions on your rp can help to make amends.

3 Likes

Well, if you based it around after the railroad was completed, you could have a train of passengers from various locations go from west to east, to new york, and then, possibly as a plot twist, have an event that makes them all rush back out west again. Maybe with another train chasing after them, or vice versa?[quote=“Chronicler, post:102, topic:45803”]
I just don’t want to be exclusive of Natives, since they are important to the history of the American west, especially the Northwest. I may need to do some homework beforehand. Thankfully, I am currently taking a class on the American West, so this would actually be good exercise on what I learned!
[/quote]

You could have a player character originating from a specific tribe not local to the route, who’s become modernized with eastern society. Then you could have a more abstract accurate portrayal of a given tribe from a more unique perspective without needing to make them a plot element.