Official TTV MOC Contest #2: Brickonicle

Here is my entry: [Brickonicle] Vakama's Forge

1 Like

Sorry, but once a creation is entered, it is entered.

2 Likes

you got someone who knows Fair Use law to look this over, and double check?

Looks like I will be waiting until the final week to make entry #3.

@Sammythekat I dunno but read the comments, find the one by BrickCommander Star Wars and Mixels contests - 1 day left! | Brickset!

3 Likes

Here, my first and probably only entry.

2 Likes

Here’s My entry.

Are we allowed to make modifications to the texts of our entries to fix errors? I know we aren’t allowed to update pictures or the model itself.

I’ll tell you what you aren’t allowed to do, and that’s double post. Double posting is against the rules, do not do that again.

And text for spelling errors is fine provided it isn’t on an image. Only if it’s in the post.

5 Likes

Here is my second entry

1 Like

Here’s my second entry, thanks!

1 Like

LEGO is actually very protective of their trademark and already asked us to remove their logo from our website and channel. While you’re right in that the chance of them taking legal action against you is basically next to none, it’s better not to risk it because it doesn’t really gain you anything.

I would assume their train of thought is that the LEGO logo denotes something as being official, and there might be people that see these renders and assume that they are some future set that will be released.

We will not be disqualifying anyone just based on their use of the LEGO logo. That interaction is between you and the LEGO Company. But we also will not factor the inclusion of the LEGO logo into our decision of how good the set is, so there’s really no reason to go out of your way to include it.

The jury is out on the Bionicle logo. I would assume the same thing applies, but LEGO doesn’t seem to be that concerned with it being used in the same context. I do think that that logo is important to the boxart, so…you can either use the official one or make your own.

(I have thought about creating a logo for our Gen III redesign, so if I ever posted that, using it for the purposes of this contest would be okay)

10 Likes

That’s my goal when designing things :wink:

Glad to have some sort of official input on this. Thanks!

2 Likes

This seems like a cool contest, unfortunately I probably do not have enough of the right bricks and pieces do make something good. :frowning:

And thats where LDD comes in place

2 Likes

My second Entry: Battle Against the Morbuzakh, can be found here
I’m a link, Click me!

You seem to have forgotten to put this entry on the list.

~W12~

Ah, yup. Good catch. We’re good now!

1 Like

My entry for the contest

Brick Built Toa

Well, I guess I’ll participate, here you go:

My final entry

http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/brickonicle-entry-the-mask-of-light/33066

Here’s my little entry!