Official TTV MOC Contest #2: Brickonicle

Here’s my second entry, thanks!

1 Like

LEGO is actually very protective of their trademark and already asked us to remove their logo from our website and channel. While you’re right in that the chance of them taking legal action against you is basically next to none, it’s better not to risk it because it doesn’t really gain you anything.

I would assume their train of thought is that the LEGO logo denotes something as being official, and there might be people that see these renders and assume that they are some future set that will be released.

We will not be disqualifying anyone just based on their use of the LEGO logo. That interaction is between you and the LEGO Company. But we also will not factor the inclusion of the LEGO logo into our decision of how good the set is, so there’s really no reason to go out of your way to include it.

The jury is out on the Bionicle logo. I would assume the same thing applies, but LEGO doesn’t seem to be that concerned with it being used in the same context. I do think that that logo is important to the boxart, so…you can either use the official one or make your own.

(I have thought about creating a logo for our Gen III redesign, so if I ever posted that, using it for the purposes of this contest would be okay)

10 Likes

That’s my goal when designing things :wink:

Glad to have some sort of official input on this. Thanks!

2 Likes

This seems like a cool contest, unfortunately I probably do not have enough of the right bricks and pieces do make something good. :frowning:

And thats where LDD comes in place

2 Likes

My second Entry: Battle Against the Morbuzakh, can be found here
I’m a link, Click me!

You seem to have forgotten to put this entry on the list.

~W12~

Ah, yup. Good catch. We’re good now!

1 Like

My entry for the contest

Brick Built Toa

Well, I guess I’ll participate, here you go:

My final entry

http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/brickonicle-entry-the-mask-of-light/33066

Here’s my little entry!

I see the contest prizes have changed. Will the winners still get a discussion of their entry on the podcast?

Here is an entry from me.

Hey, just want to check if this connection counts as legal?

My last entry! Thanks :smiley:

;;;))))))))
Get redyh kiddos the real Binky Bonkles is her eto claim the prize

This ones for you Gali, you were always the kanohi of my heart <333333

http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/kini-nui-strike-brickonicle-entry-xdxdxdxp/33098

I’m assuming this means we can make sets from these years just not remakes or copies of previous official Bionicle sets made from the Brick System (traditional system) between 2005 - 2007? Just want to clarify.

One of the reasons we changed the prizes is because we wanted to discuss all the entries, so yes, the top three will be discussed.

Seeing as I don’t see it in the document, I’ll allow it.

You would be correct.

3 Likes

Hey there Eljay.
I want to make my own topic about my Brickonicle Entry, but when I want to put an image there appear a long code. Is it normal? I tried to make my entry on a Microsoft Word Document, with some codes who appear on the topic. If I copy the codes from Word and I put them on the topic the image still appear after I finish it? I am so confused!
P.S.: It is the first time when I make a topic, so don’t judge me!