Official Vessel Q&A Topic

The next episode of The TTV Podcast has been released on Vessel (right when it would have been released on YouTube before), but when I tried to watch it, this popped up.

It has been stated many times that the Podcast will be released on Vessel a week early, but it would not be “behind the pay-wall”, so why is it only accessible with the $3/month subscription (as of the time of this posting)?

Edit: Nevermind, it’s been fixed.

6 Likes

Yeah don’t worry, there was some brief miscommunication. It’s fixed now :slight_smile:

Apologies for the delay, however.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.

Will there ever be a point when the podcast can be uploaded to BOTH Vessel AND YouTube at the same time?

1 Like

No. For right now, the podcast will be uploaded to Vessel first for free, and then on YouTube a week later.

Obviously this may change in the future, but this will be the system that we will be implementing for now.

2 Likes

Should this be pinned?

Also, you frequently link to things in the description like Ninjago videos or that first-person tetris thing. How will that work on Vessel?

1 Like

@Overlord_Scarilian should discuss this with you.

Also, This seems nice, though you could’ve at least made sure the program didn’t cost money.

The description is under the “DETAILS” tab in each video.

So there is exclusive content for Vessel users who paid…such as “behind the scenes” videos (unrecorded TTV podcasts, how TTV operates for certain shows etc…)

So it’s like TTV’s youtube channel is what you’d see in the theatre, and for Vessel users, it’s like getting a DVD package with sneak peaks and special features. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Part of our contract is that we can’t necessarily talk a lot about our specific take if it’s not public knowledge. The 7x Ad Revenue estimate has been publically referenced before, and that’s why we can mention that.

It’s all there, under “Details”.

I have a great deal of amount of faith in Vessel, and I think that it’s a great alternative to the dangerous minefield that YouTube has become. We’re not taking anything away from our channel, but we are doing some things extra as a thank you to the guys that support us on Vessel.

That’s a very apt description!

4 Likes

This is definitely a good comparison! (Though DVD’s might be a bit of an outdated example now 'adays. Not really sure)

…But… it… it doesn’t?

I’m not really sure how I can explain this better :confused:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, to explain.

Simply put, Vessel doesn’t allow for you to watch videos unless you use a credit card, and I don’t have one ATM.

1 Like

It allows you to watch a video a week later, after it has been out for a week.

1 Like

Well no, you can sign up for Vessel and watch our channel without ever needing to input any credit card. I even demonstrated making a new account on my announcement video.

If it ever ask you for credit card info just click to skip it.

2 Likes

Welp, I’ve signed-up. The layout will take some getting used to though :stuck_out_tongue:

I also got the Vessel thing but what’s the $3.00 thing, I’m sure I pay $3.00 for what ever reason, and I want to do it but I don’t have the card yet but I will soon, I don’t know when and time will tell.

cool, so just by being on vessel i’m supporting you. i’m probably going to switch completely to vessel now because i really needed to listen to the TTV podcast and cant wait a week for that. great move going to vessel, i can see how it can only do you good. Did you have to pay to get on vessel? i wouldn’t mind trying to start a channel on it myself if ever youtube gets stupid on me.

1 Like

###The answer is yes, if you have the “Early Access” thing.

(I’m not sure if you’re informed otherwise. They probably have some sort of email subscription setting somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

Yeah, I have also received this message. So, it seems, it does.

1 Like

Wow, I actually wasn’t aware of this. Very cool.

Also, thank you for your support ^^

2 Likes