Official Vessel Q&A Topic

Is there a way to adjust the video quality like on youtube? The audio can be sub par at times

1 Like

Yes, if you hover over the gear icon on the bottom right of the video player, you can change the quality from auto to medium. Medium is 720p HD, and High is 1080p HD, not all videos are available in 1080p though.

1 Like

That doesn’t seem to appear on the mobile version

The $3 is an optional subscription that allows you early access to our (and others!) videos, one week ahead of time.

We did not have to pay, but we did go through an application and interview process. Unfortunately, I do not believe you can be on Vessel right now without being an established channel.

If you go to Settings > Data Usage, you can find settings to what your stream quality would be on wifi and cellular data. If you want a higher quality for our videos, set it to what you think works best.

2 Likes

I wish people saw this before asking if they need to pay.

3 Likes

You and me both, man :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I was on vessel looking to see if you had released the Makutafest announcement video on there but I noticed that you had to be subscribed to view it. I realize that its up right now on youtube but I thought it was kinda weird that it wasn’t viewable on vessel given the importance of the information in it.

will breaking news be released on youtube at the same time as it is on vessel? it is breaking news after all

Yes, they will be.

3 Likes

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Ttv is one of the most searched on vessel

1 Like

So when is the vessel channel getting exclusive content for the people who pay?

1 Like

Just an FYI: Vessel is now ad-free for subscribers.

2 Likes

They are also offering a new plan: $19.99 yearly, rather than the monthly $3. This is recommended for people who are planning on supporting us through Vessel for long stretches of time as paying for the monthly subscription would equate to $36 dollars a year, this plan saves you quite a bit of cash.

The monthly subscription is still available and is definitely more accessible for anyone who only wants to use the service for a few months or is short on money.

Everything is better with options ^^

7 Likes

I already signed up for the $19.99 plan, because why not it really does help ttv.

1 Like

Yep, me 2 :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

So, I’m having this issue when trying to get early access. It keeps saying “Hmm… There was a problem processing your payment. Please try again.” I believe it’s because of the Zip code but I have no idea what to do about it. Anyone know a solution?

Y’know, I don’t know if this issue happens to do with bad timing, but…

See, a few days back, I logged onto Vessel, hoping to watch an early-access vid for free. Upon getting in, however, clicking a video would give me the payment banner. After looking around, I couldn’t find the “skip this, I’m not ready yet” sign. Is this an issue from not getting on the site early enough, or what?

so, Vessel joined verizon and whatever, how do I watch the videos now?

As far as I know, they’ll be on Patreon sometime in the future. When, I do not know.