Okotan Adventures (RP Signup)

My theory is that the explosion caused by the MoUP sent the city and Makuta to the Shadow Realm but Ekimu (by Deus ex Machina) was put into a state of suspended animation and was only able to be revived by the Toa as they are the Wielders of the Elements.

Well crap… gonna have to use the backup now 'cause Tekan wouldn’ta been alive because Ekimu was ‘dead’ for a thousand years!

It also seems that I’ll probably be making Tekan about 80…

=================================

@Runa

Name: Karx (pronounced Car-Ks)

Element: Ice

Mask: basic Okotoran mask (white protector mask) with a visor/magnifying glass/scanner attachment that can fold up

Weapons/equipment: Short-sword, fur coat with temporary cooling generators built in (rechargeable), couple of basic mechanical tools, basic repair parts for his arm/eye-glass thing (1 use major damage, 2 use minor), stone chisel, excavation brush, notebook’s & writing tools

Appearance: Just your basic ice Okotoran, for the most part (physically).
His distinguishing features are a well sized, white, fur lined cloak he’s always wearing that has a custom built in cooling system for when he goes to hotter areas but which can only last for three hours before the fuel cells need replacing, and that’s only for basic hotter areas, if he was near an active volcano/lava pool/whatever it would last much less time and a robotic, prosthetic left arm.

Personality: While he my seem pretty much like any other ice Okotoran his personality is much different than most of them. He’s a very happy go lucky guy, almost in a perpetual state of cheerfulness and being quite friendly. He’s also quite a bit of a scaredy cat though, he’s easily spooked and he’s not much of a fighter, getting too nervous to be truly effective and preferring just to run away.

He has a weird obsession with rumors, strange facts and tidbits of lesser known knowledge, sometime going out of his way to get good ones. He’s also loves to experiment, making strange, typically pointless seeming and non-marketable contraptions.
Due to this many don’t want to test them but he’s happy to do that himself and even perform modifications on himself, such as a visor thing he connected to himself along with modifying and upgrading a prosthetic arm he got after an unfortunate building collapse.

Bio: he’s essentially your basic ice Okotoran, albeit a more cheerful friendly one. The only characteristics that really stand out are how much he experiments and that he’s ok with doing/testing them on himself, such as messing with his replacement arm.
That’s actually how he got the visor/magnifying glass/scanner attachment connected to him. The other noticeable characteristic with him is his knowledge on anything unexpected and his ability to get it(?).
You want to know who that strange Okotoran who recently showed up is? He’s your guy! You want to hear strange theories on what happened to Ekimu and Makuta that you’ve never heard before? He knows 'em! You want to know rumors about some cult or other you’ve yet to hear or that aren’t supposed to be known? He’s probably got 'em!

He also does appear to be friends or at least acquaintances with Tekan, knowing quite a bit about him and being on speaking terms with him, Tekan even bought him a short-sword and showed him a bit on how to use it so he’d have some kind of protection.
He is somewhat young, being around the age of a teenager-young adult despite his slightly childish behavior and excitability.

######Little extra bit of backstory for him:

Karx, before he got into his minor obsession/hobby of finding and recording rumors, interesting, not well known facts and other fascinating tidbits of information, no matter how useless seeming to others, originally wanted to be the chronicler and was trying to become a possible candidate until (current chronicler/related) was chosen.
While he was a touch disappointed that he wasn’t chosen he held no ill will towards (insert name) and actually felt quite happy for him, knowing the position of chronicler was a fun one and himself considering it a good blessing.

Yet, even after he had lost his chance to become the chronicler that didn’t stop him, he decided to become an unofficial one, recording the stories a true chronicler might miss while they wrote about the great deeds of heroes, the evil doings of villains and other great and terrible events.
He chose to write about interesting stories that happened with the Okotoran and such, even if those stories were not what would usually be considered something of importance enough to record. He tended to follow rumors a lot in those days looking for ones that could lead to possibly interesting stories and seeing if they were true, but as time went on he found himself becoming more and more interested by the rumors themselves, while he still enjoyed finding the stories he found himself looking for and recording rumors he used to dismiss as not being true or not being good enough stories.

As time went further on his fascination began growing and developing, soon evolving to him recording interesting facts, information and myths/stories he had never heard of.
He’d start dedicating himself to certain subjects at a time, so he might look for all the rumors and such he could find on the mask makers then after he found everything he could find he’d go and start researching a different topic but all the while still listening for any other rumors and tidbits of info he’d come across in his research.

So far he has at least a hundred or so (less or more and all of differing sizes. Some are rewrites of older ones in cleaner/more organized form) notebooks. Most of them are dedicated to their own subject.
He also has one special notebook he always keeps on himself that he writes down any info he feels is truly useful and will be helpful later
So far he is dedicated to finding out everything he can about Tekan, a harder task than he expected due to the sheer lack of info on Tekans past and how well hidden he keeps it himself. Currently he has a partial amount.

1 Like

accepted

Yay!
And that’s everybody I’m going to throw in!

1 Like

Name: Rena
Element: Water, Fire and Jungle (both inactive)
Equipment: Long sword, dagger
Appearance: Taller than most of the Okotoans of the team. Navy blue armor with some black accents.
Bio: She is Vladin and Athena’s bigger sister. She visit the desert of the Region of Stone pretty often, from unknown reasons. Quiet, beautiful, and a very good fighter.
@Runa

Name: Gladius
Element: believed as Ice, actually Light
Equipment: Steel armor, layers of furs around his neck, powerless copy of the mask of control in gold, two-edged broadsword
Appearance: Bulky, tall for an Okotan, mostly silver aside from the shining gold mask he wears, has two gold shoulderplates underneath the furs
Bio/Personality: Gladius is an unbelievably ancient Okotan shrouded in more mysteries than furs. He is evidently as ancient as Ekimu himself, and He isn’t afraid to say so. His broadsword is not too big or too heavy for the strong Okotan to occasionally wield as a one-handed blade.

As a child, Gladius lived in the city of the Mask Makers and trained to be a warrior. Before he even grew up, he was pronounced the mightiest warrior in the land, gifted with a golden replica of the Mask of Control.
Not much later, he decided to take the path of a warrior and isolated himself from society. Saying goodbye to his parents, he ventured out among the coldest regions of the island, forcing himself to endure the element. Several years later, he made a stop at the region of fire and had a set of armour forged.
He remained in solitude until he realized how many years it had been. His parents had undoubtedly died by now, he had no extended family, and the world must have forgotten him. Determined to make them remember, Gladius finally came home.

Name: Bramble (Original name Isurak)
Element: Jungle
Equipment: A tattered skin used as a shoulder poncho when necessary, uses a bone knife, wears a powerless mask (designed as mask of scavenging from g1), carries a longbow with no arrows (yet)
Appearance: Taller than any Okotan, has green, black, and dark red as a colour scheme, dark tan antlers,
Bio/Personality: His kind were known as Hunters across Okoto, specifically one of infamy known as Umarak. Bramble is a youth, barely having his antlers grown in, and his lack of age can lead to him being very cynical. He’s not yet to full height, although he’s strong enough to carry an Okotan on his shoulders.

Bramble was living with his family in the uncharted portions of Okoto many years ago, only to be lost in a landslide which created one of the many cliffs on Okoto. Since then, he’s lived alone in the forests in a desperate attempt to reunite with his family. He will occasionally have bouts of depression in which he will not communicate with anyone, and often has nightmares about the future, his family, and loneliness will sometimes completely encompass him. The aging rate for a Hunter is very slow, and the lifespan rather long, so much so that for fifteen years he’s lived alone as a youth.

Other Notes: Bramble, being a Hunter, has clawed feet and some horns on his body, such as his knees and elbows. Hunters are unusually aware of the wildlife around them, as being Jungle Element-tied. Most predators prefer to stray away from Hunters, as they are usually capable of putting anything down that stands in their way. Most Okotans believe them to be fairy tales.

5 Likes

Ok love these two! (Especially the hunter! I can tell Blackbelt’s going to enjoy meeting him!)

… Also, just eff it. I’m asking Runa how old I can make Tekan/plot bull-shizary I can pull out for his age when he comes back.
Not going to make him as old as originally planned (probably) but if I can I’m making him older than he currently is.

So…I thought of Melody’s Brother. I decided to a bit of a plot twist. Mwahahahaha. So, I named him “Symphony.” Symphony has a follower who took his name. I present.

Name: Symphony (Capella)
Elemen: Ice
Equipment: two broadswords, and a rifle
Appearance: bears a pehkui and is in sky blue and silver armor. Her white and grey body is underneath, sometime appearing.
Bio: Capella used to hang around Geet and Melody, but she “loved” Symphony. She ended up witnessing his death by Geet and vowed to kill him. She is generally peaceful, but mention Geet ,and she falls apart.

2 Likes

What’s a “pehkui”?

Norik’s toa kanohi

Oh, that mask. Thanks.

sorry meant the Kiril

so similar

1 Like

The only difference being color but hey, same appearance.

true. I’m just not sure which I want now. melded colors on flat color

Your character, your choice.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY NEED TO KEEP ON MAKING NEW CHARACTERS! I THOUGHT I WAS DONE DRAWING OKOTANS! :sob:

4 Likes

That’s a really nice name.

1 Like

Accepted

I’m a little hesitant, but accepted

Accepted

Accepted

2 Likes

ill draw some of them for you if you want

Name- Kumu
Age- 23
Element- Jungle, spends most of her time in the ice region though
Equipment- Hook attached to chain, journal. Obviously, her armor.
Appearance- Skin has a reddish tint and wears black armor.
Bio- Echos cousin, got worried after he told her about where he was going and tracked him down.

1 Like

No, its fine i’ll draw them. BUT NO! WHY! WHY ANOTHER CHARACTER! Excuse me while I go to a corner and cry.

1 Like