Okotan Adventures (RP Signup)

Read Erisan’s signup; I’ll try to answer any questions you have after that.

This

And

1 Like

Okay interesting now I have some one to annoy.If I want

1 Like

I highly recommend against that.

1 Like

Yeah, Tarkur isn’t that type of guy tho he really doesn’t try to annoy people

1 Like

Name: The Lord of the Undying Storm (The Undying Storm, The Lord, original name Vaalku)
Element: Lightning, Ice
Powers/Equipment: The Lord of the Undying Storm wears two shoulder plates of massive size (to fit his own scale) which generate electricity on a constant, as long as he is conscious. Wherever he is/has been, the ground cracks and sparks with electrical currents, and is somewhat caked in frost. The air remains heavy and cold wherever he goes, and his mere presence is enough to freeze small plants to death. He can summon a vast amount of his power and move very quickly across different places in a form of short-range teleportation. He wields a massive battleaxe imbued with the power of the storm, although he wields it with only one hand. This axe is capable of drawing lightning to its core from the skies, and it is tied to The Lord’s being, moving with him like a piece of his armour, even if he is separated from it.
Appearance: The Undying Storm is massive, towering over anyone else on the island. His build is very bulky, to match his height and appearance. A solemn, deathly helmet he wears over his head, with spikes on the top. He also wears a cape with a fur lining around his neck, and various other furs on his body, underneath a layer of heavy, darkened armour.
Bio/Personality: The Lord of the Undying Storm is stoic, merciless, and cruel. In his reign of terror, the entire island of Okoto had been transformed into ice and snow through a long and elaborate process of visiting every point on the island one step ahead of his pursuers. He was, however, trapped in the realm of shadow by Makuta, who at that point was very young. His boasts of arrogance include him being the least of six elemental lords of unbridled power, who were the leaders of Okoto at one point on the past. There is no proof for his claims, although he cites the mask of the sea queen as a mask which was originally going to be gifted to one of the six.
Another claim is that the one who saw the terrible deeds of these six lords of the elements crafted two brother masks of light and shadow, which were not finished until after he had been banished.

I’m gonna need @KAI_BORG’s opinion on if this is alright for me to do with his character’s origins. Also yes I know he’s OP, I expect Runa will advise me on trimming 90% of it.

4 Likes

I have to say this can actually work in some highly interesting ways!

I love it!

I think it’s pretty interesting.

Question though: is he planned to be a permanent character like Gladius, or a mini boss of sorts, like how Kai wanted Sun to be at first?

4 Likes

He’d be a repeating character, like Gladius, but not nearly as many appearances. Most of the time he’s in the background, out of sight.

I guess I don’t have much of a problem with that. Accepted.

1 Like

So, seeing that my characters changed from the crappy Okotoans I made a long time ago and that my early replies and conversation from the begginning of the rp were so weird and cringey (I was still new when it came of rps, but I think I am better now) I decided to remake ALL of my sign-ups for ALL of my characters. Here there are, the 2.0 versions:

Name: Vladin
Active element: Fire
Inactive element(s): Water and Stone
Equipment: Sword, blaster, axe.
Appearance: He is an averege-sized Okotoan with a more royal and expensive armour. He is red, with some dark-red here and there and yellow accents.
Personality: Smart, arrogant, funny, likes to sword fight and build small things, just a little racist, never gives up.
Love interest: Kryuna (@TheMOCingbird)
Bio: Vladin was born 3 years before the Toa arrived. He is the son of Narmoto’s brother and a regular Water Okotoan. He lived peacfuly until the age of 17, when the Ginny Incident happened. He, Athena, Rena and Mark were sleeping in the same house, together with their new born sister, Ginny. That night, a special type of Skull Warrior, called the Skull Hypnotist, entered the house and hypnotised Vladin to kill Mark and Rena while they were sleeping, and Athena to kill Ginny, then to suicide. Vladin almost succeded, but Mark woke up before he could do this and stopped Vladin. However, Ginny was sleeping alone, and so Athena killed the little one.
The whole family was shocked. One day they gathered in Vladin’s father’s house and disscussed this incident. Some of them were on Vladin’s side, saying that he and his sister were innocent. However, some, including the father, thought that the Skull Hypnotist only amplified their murderous ideas, saying that the two already wanted to kill their relatives, and one succeded. In the end, Vladin’s side won.
After this event Vladin decided to make himself a vila and to isolate himself from the family. He ignored everything related to politics, not carrying what was happening to the Region of Fire. As long as his vila was intact and as long as he had enough money, he was happy. This is the reason why Pheore (@jayzor17) might hate him.
Vladin was trained by his older brother, Mark in sword fighting and engineering and loves to spend his free time with Athena and/or Ghabix.

Name: Athena
Active element: Water
Inactive element(s): Fire and Stone
Equipment: Spear, bow and arrows, healing potions and such
Appearance: She is very similar to Vladin. In fact, other than the colors (dark blue with black and purple accents) and the fact that her armor is more feminine, they are the same.
Personality: Funny, smart, happy, introvert (at least most of the times)
Love interest: Kryuin (@TheMOCingbird). She likes him, but it seems that he is a little too shy to just tell her ‘I like you’. Initially she liked Blaze.
Bio: See the first half of Vladin’s bio above
After the Ginny incident Athena was forced to live in an ‘exile’ for five years in the Region of Water together with her uncle Kivoda. The fact that she killed Ginny remained in her mind since then. She always believed that her father was right, and that she was a killer, even tho he admitted that what he said was wrong. Once she tried to comit suicide, but she quickly changed her mind.
Since then, she lived her ‘exile’ like it was her normal life. She was having fun with other Water Okotoans, she was taking healing lessons from Kivoda, and she was swimming with Akida. At the end of her punishment, she was happy to be able to see her brothers and sister again, but she decided to remain in the Region of Water. Sometimes she returns in the Region of Fire to have fun with Vladin, or she invite other relatives at her home.

Name: Ghabix
Active element: Jungle
Inactive element(s): Water, Stone
Equipment: Sword, shot gun like blaster
Appearance: As tall as Vladin and Athena, green armour with dark green here and there, he has leaves on his shoulders and on his back, covering rhe old, damaged armour.
Personality: Funny, stupid, never gives up, even if this makes him look like a fool. Inside he has a golden heart.
Love interest: Kinda Pandoria (@Runa). After he fought her, he decided to try to find her once.
Bio: He is the son of a regular engineer (Jungle) and Vladin’s aunt (his mother’s sister). He was there when the whole clan was called after the Ginny Incodent, but didn’t really cared, because until then he hasn’t met Vladin or Athena (that was the first time they met). He was on their side, and since then they are very good friends. Ghabix was the only relative allowed to see Athena in her exile, other than her mother and Kivoda.
Ghabix don’t care about politics or richness or anything, this is why he is just an adventurer with a tree house, making crappy jokes.

Name: Rena
Active element: Water
Inactive element(s): Stone and Fire
Equipment: Sword and dagger
Appearance: Taller than her younger siblings, comparable to a Toa. She has navy blue armor, with some black here and there. She wears a bright azure cloak with some pockets inside of it.
Personality: Lovely, mysterious
Love interest: nobody
Bio: She is Vladin’s older sister. She was born nine years before the Toa arrived. When she was young she dreamed to be a Toa. When the Ginny Incident took place, she was on her father’s side. Why? Nobody knows. She is the only one that recognize that she has a more… Evil… Part. She was quickly forgiven by the others, but she still kinda thinks that her father was right, even tho she says the opposite nowdays.
She had a regular job in the CotMM. Three days later she got bored. She became a bounty hunter, just like Mark. Most of the times, she just finds treasures, but there were times when she had to kill.

Name: Mark
Active element: Stone
Inactive element(s): Water and Fire
Equipment: Four golden sword
Appearance: As tall as Rena, brown armour with some gray here and there.
Personality: Funny, serios, kind.
Love interest: Capella (@Jcton)
Bio: Since he was young he wanted to have a life full of adventures. He was the only one in Vladin’s family who was absent at the Ginny Incident. He fought in the Region of Stone with Rahi and protected it, until he found a group of bounty hunters with Mad Max like vehicles that were having fun 24/7. Mark loved this, so he entered in the group. One or two years after, he became their leader.
Currently he is trying to convince Geet to enter in his group after the Okotoan Adventure ends.

Hope you like them.

3 Likes

He he, good luck with that. Although I must ask, why was Athena forced into exiled, but Vladin wasn’t.

1 Like

Because

1. After all, he didn’t kill anybody.
  2. He isolated himself, which was the equivalent of Athena’s so called exile.

Plus, when I say ‘love interest’ I mean the person he likes, not including if she likes him.

1 Like

Ok, cool.

1 Like

Heh, didn’t expect that. Maybe I should make her come back before this thing ends…?

3 Likes

Only if you want a Ghabix felt in love.

you should continue it after the 4th/s?

2 Likes

@Runa is it fine if I add Azure’s powers from IOM

The powers are:
Limited stealth: Lets Azure turn invisible at will for 1 hour a day
Substitution doll: When activated a physical copy of Azure is created like a doll. It uses Azure’s energy to be activated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Alright, considering the escapades in Okotan Adventures, I’m going to rant now. Specifically to @Runa, @Toa_Vladin, and the rest of those playing this RP. Perhaps one of the worst staple rules of TTV RPs has finally proved to be a major issue, and I’m putting my foot down about it, and while putting my foot down will do little to nothing for the majority of TTV’s RPs, maybe it’ll convince someone who actually has a presence in the community to make a difference.

Specifically, this incredibly childish skirmish between @Toa_Vladin and most of the active players in this RP: the Killing of Mark.

Firstly, I’d like to make it clear that nowhere in this RP does it say that a player needs permission from another player to allow them to kill that character. Check the rules.

Secondly, ‘I can’t detect him’ < ‘I have created a superior character with far more capabilities and who is slightly overpowered; I am also a skilled player who knows how to fairly adapt the powers and limitations of the character that I wield to develop them further, and I am now in a position where I am going to kill another character whilst following the logic of my own character and the identity I have created for him over a very long time and restraining myself to the limited capabilities and weapons my character has, will carry out this assault and face the in-RP consequences for this deed.’

Which you don’t make any less true with this following statement:

Arguably one of your most underdeveloped characters ad by far the most disappointing of the group, any other character of yours is a better character than Mark is. Vladin is very annoying and hypocritical, but it’s part of his character and it plays well - Rena is hyperdefensive and snappy, but it’s part of her character - Athena is vicious and irritating, but it’s true to her design - and Ghabix is childish and rude, but it’s who he’s become. Mark hasn’t become anything at all, but stayed a singular mass of problems, undefined character changes, and practically nothing shapes him, not even having his head beat into the dirt in front of the entire population of Okoto.

You’ve been presented with a very unique opportunity to release from your custody some unwanted baggage in the form of your most underdeveloped and pointless character, Mark, in return for unbridled developmental potential for all the rest of your characters. And this is how you responded:

Come on dude, it’s an imaginary character in an RP which you have four other characters in. As a veteran of classic Bionicle RPs, this is beyond ridiculous. Such tomfoolery would be considered a candidate for booting a player from the game, back in the day.

Now that I’ve covered @Toa_Vladin’s side of the issue, it’s time to be a little less grating to the person who built and runs the RP.

I really don’t understand why you did this. Nowhere in your own rules does it say that this curse to the TTV RPs holds power. Nor does it say it in the updated rules for all RPs to abide under:

Now I understand that the deed is done, but on the Fourth of July the entire RP and all others in this subforum will be shut down by the moderators, which will force you to remake the original and OOC topics to compensate, and to abide by the new rules mentioned here. Therefore, there’s a way to ensure this sort of commotion doesn’t happen again.

As a final takeaway from all of this, I used to e involved in RPs where the player count was massive and the types of players were ruthless. I used to crumble back as the more powerful characters stalked into the room and beat up everyone who didn’t have a proper defensive player. I tried to break the system by cheating and metagaming, and it cost me quite a bit. But I eventually had to realize this is just a game, these are all imaginary characters, and if they’re so desperately special to you, don’t put them in a RP.

i mean no animosity to anyone involved in this RP, bu I plead that those of you affected by this nonsense will help to ensure it doesn’t occur again - and I don’t mean never have your character attempt to kill another, or even succeed. @Omega_Tahu didn’t do anything breaking the rules, bending the rules, or any other misdeed against the RP format. He directly countered the scourge, and @Toa_Vladin defended said scourge. And here we are.

6 Likes

Gen1? :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. After being on a couple other RPs I think the whole thing with characters not dying without consent has been taken too far and too literally. I think it was supposed to be more a counter to people auto hitting and killing a character, without the character getting a chance to react.

3 Likes