Okotan Adventures (RP Signup)

First of all, yes. I was a little childish, but that’s only because I want to play them. Is there a problem in keeping your characters? As you said, the other 4 have their characteristics and everything. Let me build Mark the same way. He is the newest of them all. He has a relationship with Capella. Give me time.
And I understand that this is a game after all, but I want to take it seriously. My character would react in different ways if Mark would have been killed. And for this I need time. I didn’t have this time yesterday because, again, it was night for me and I had to go.
My only wish is for them don’t to die. Or even if they die, I want them to have the chance to protect themselves.

When they force other characters to not abide by the rules of the game, yes, very much so. And that’s something I learned without having someone to kindly write up a full wall of text for me to follow.

They have character, but if you noticed my description, those character traits are all negative. If they’re supposed to be slightly immoral thorns waiting to stick into someone’s side, then you’ve done a really good job writing them that way.

Let me spell it out for you: This isn’t your game. Life isn’t fair, and neither is any RP; characters can and sometimes will die, and unless you’re the person running the RP, you have no say otherwise.

A Skakdi I had in an RP died in the stupidest fashion possible once I ran him through an electric field. There was a commotion as I viciously fought the moderators to keep him alive, but there was no logical way he could have survived, and I had to force myself to see that.

The same goes for this RP, this circumstance, and any that follow it.

Like I said, if you want that, you can make an RP where that is a major rule. Until then, use this as a learning tool, and if you’re fearing your characters might die, learn from it, and don’t get so attached next time. There’s no reason not to like your ow characters you make, but when you’re fighting off other characters who aren’t doing anything wrong, just to ensure your character lives, you’ve turned your character into the problem.

Sigh
Fine. Next time I’ll let them die. OK?

1 Like

Yeah, I gotta agree with this. I understand wanting to keep your characters alive, but it becomes a problem when it causes this much disruption and OOC chaos. Chaos that was frankly unnecessary. @Toa_Vladin If you wanted Mark to live so badly, you could’ve just had the bullet not kill him. As we discussed in the PM, people have, on admittedly extremely rare occasions, survived shots to the head. He would’ve required medical attention, yes, but Blaze probably could’ve called down a Gukko to fly Mark to a hospital in the ancient city because he and his parents apparently keep a supply of the darn things in a pocket dimension to deploy whenever convenient.

But whatever. What’s done is done and we should get back to the RP.

1 Like

Not my point.

There were a number of ways you could have responded to your character being shot in the head at close range by a fire bolt. Superficial damage, large amounts of scarring on the side of the head, intense tissue damage, shrapnel metal flying off the exposed wound, a minor fracture, seizures caused by the laceration of tissue on the brain, delirium, amnesia, loss of vision, an intense fracture, slipping into a coma, deep bleeding on the brain, immediate hospice, immediate hospitalization, death.

Instead you went with none of these options, all mostly reasonable outcomes of the situation, going instead for ‘Don’t you dare touch my character’. Now I’m not trying to force you into a corner to better behave and to get your lunch money, but I hope that you’ll learn from this.

2 Likes

Wikipedia?
And I just: I didn’t had the time! Those NO NO NO s were the only things I could write!

1 Like

There were still a thousand better things you could’ve said and done in that time.

Regardless, what’s done is done. Let’s learn from this kerfuffle instead of finding reasons to despise each other.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Let’s all take something from this, put it to bed, and get back to pretending to be magical cyborgs.

1 Like

If you need time take it. It’s a bit of a shame that TTV is so rapid fire, but I’m sure people wouldn’t complain if they had to wait a bit for a well thought out and logical response.

5 Likes

No, I mean, I really had no time. I had to go. It was midnight.

Chromeharpoon weeps for joy as he sees civil discussion taking place.

2 Likes

I agree with most of what you have to say, but this:

Now, it isn’t stated in the main rules, but I did ask Runa about this in the OOC PM, and this was the conversation.

It makes sense that you wouldn’t think to look through the whole OOC PM, I just thought I’d correct you on that one thing, aside from that, I agree. :slight_smile:

I mean I’m fine with a character dying. But if you expect any to go down without a fight, you’re fare off. They will fight till they can no longer and I can warn you that it’s either you take them down or they’ll take you.

And hey, if you can get my character into a situation I can’t find a way to counter I say go ahead, murder the hell out of him because I won’t fight anymore than I already do.

I know I might come across as such at times, but really I’m not trying to. I just enjoy brawling and trying to figure out realistic counters and logical actions for my guys to take to others created situations. I like to test what I can do until my time is done, and if you’re the one who did it?

Good going mate! Always fun to have a challenge! Be it ended in loss or win I’ll be sure to try again later.

This explains my stance on the rule and how it should be applied in my opinion.

Also take 12 hours if you have to. I’d prefer well thought out replies that resulted in civil discussion of the matter to what ended up happening.

4 Likes

Also, if you want a more ‘freeplay’, and better restricted RP I’d recommend the one/site Omega’s been promoting. While the RP he’s doing such for is going slow there are others that are less so… I think.

Do expect potential canon based uber-op that might slip though the rules.

I get what your saying, but I think the solution should not be having to have the players consent, but the GM’s. The Player’s consent wouldn’t hurt, but if they are being unreasonable, then the GM can just have the final say. Also, GTG.

Obviously the GM will overpower whatever the players say in almost every scenario.

I doubt that anything really OP would slip through.

But based on the standards here, yeah, there’d be a lot of powerful beings.

the main RP is where the real gods are

You say standards and all I can think of is Corruption who’s not supposed to be able to slip in but has.

Also, I just realized how OP the Kulsai can potentially be. Quick question, if one used it to move dead next to another with their arm held out, would that basically send their arm through the other?

My mistake for not making it explicit, I had though it to be an implicit rule. I’ll correct that in the future.

I was simply trying to stop another argument from breaking out(to no avail, but maybe that’s a good thing), and tried to reply before it got too far, so I didn’t really thing it through. I figured it could stall for time for a short discussion, with maybe Eric finally killing Mark with another shot.

Oh, like, for example, an invisible person shooting him from behind from not that far away with a powerful sniper rifle?

While not having time to write a good reply is a decent enough excuse (not great, mind you), I think this may be slightly misguided. A character death can add development to other characters quite well. For example, if Mark had died, you could have one of your other characters have to overcome that feeling of being unable to help. Sacrifice a not as developed character to enhance another to a point greater than the two combined were at before.

This. I take forever to respond, and people haven’t complained yet. They know I have a life outside this, and they respect that. They’d do the same for you.

Actually, I’m in the wrong here. He shouldn’t have to read an entire separate topic to know the rules.

5 Likes