Okotan Adventures (RP Signup)

Accepted, same with @Tarkur

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Guardians
The guardians are a group of 6 living items given artificial bodies, forged by the 6 mask-makers as an attempt to defeat Sun-Eater. Each of the Guardians was originally forged at the same purity as the brothers before being reforged to a much lesser purity once the sentience was confirmed, preserving its sapient status and greatly lowering their powers to much more controllable levels.
While they failed in fully stopping Sun they did manage to delay him and lessen the damage he would’ve otherwise caused before he was stopped. After his defeat the mask-makers allowed them to live and keep their bodies, keeping their existence as secret as they could before scattering them across the island. Since then each guardian has formed their own cults of sorts, eventually being discovered by exploring Okotan.
Each cult is small and kept secret by its followers, dedicated to training to protect the island in case Sun or similar should attack, and some mild worship to the guardians that lead them. During this time some of the guardians have abandoned their original bodies, metallic suits in the shape of Okotan, forged by the mask-makers to ensure no Okotan would have to sacrifice themselves to allow for the Guardians lives, and instead began sharing minds with select followers, choosing a new host once the previous dies.

There is one for each element, and their cults placements are all in the matching territories to theirs, their followers following suit.

----------

Name: Sila

Element: Fire

Equipment: Sword of the sun, a blade that can channel fire throughout itself, igniting its own blade with flames and heating the metal to a point that it will scorch other metal that it touches. While near fire/heat the flame coating increases in size, and its heat allows it to slowly, slowly melt other metal it touches, scoring extremely shallow cuts with a standard hit.
Sila cannot take control of a wielder unless they give their consent.
She has the highest purity out of the Guardians.

Appearance: Sila still uses her original body, which was shaped to emulate the average fire Okotans body. Due to this, and her species unique traits her body is animated by her element, literally being held together and moved by physical fire. This leaves her form at a constantly elevated level of temperature, not enough to burn but noticeably warm. The flames themselves can be glimpsed through her joints and eyes sockets.
Her main body, the sword is cracked, purposefully damaged by Sun after he defeated them. While the sword is still intact the crack greatly weakened it. Heat, flames, and a visibly constantly leak from its wound.

Bio/Personality: Sila was made by Adun. She was originally the leader of the Guardians. Serious, focused, and unwavering in her goal to stop him. While her team may have failed she felt no remorse for their failings, only for the Okotans they could

----------

Name: Woe

Element: Ice

Equipment: Scope of all-sight, a scope attachment for masks that allows its user to see nearly across the entire island, location dependent, or view from any pieces of ice across it.
While control of its wearer is dependent on consent, upon donning the scope Woe can communicate to and from its wearer.
He has the lowest purity of the Guardians besides Edri who matches.

Appearance: Average ice Okotan, just with an intricate scope attachment added to his mask.

Bio/Personality: Woe is currently donned by Kitofo, one of his followers that he chose after the death of his previous. The two share control, Kitofo relinquishing it as requested.
Woe is very pessimistic. He’s cold, calculative, scornful, and seemingly uncaring of others. In truth some of this is just a front he placed upon himself in an attempt to keep himself from caring for others. This was caused due to just how close their deaths were from their defeat by Sun, giving him a fear of losing those he cares about… he also was a relatively unsocial individual in the first place.
He also has a fascination with astrology, and mild belief that some form of clues to the future can be determined from the activity.
Kitofo is his opposite, calm, peaceful, understanding, and friendly. He usually speaks for Woe, translating his speeches and whatnot into more inspiring and understandable versions for his followers.

----------

Name: Ditu

Element: Air

Equipment: Gale chains, a chain that produces wind as its moved. The power of the wind is dependent on the force and type of movement, done correctly it can allow the user a form of flight, with proper placement on their body.
Ditu’s mental control is the same as Sila.
His purity is the 2nd highest of the Guardians, tied only with Kipir.

Appearance: Ditu still uses his original body, a suit built to emulate the average Okotan of Air, and which is animated through various plant life within it. His main body has been wrapped around his limbs and chest, positioned in such a way that, with the proper motions done, allows him to fly at a low level and medium speed.
It basically requires constant swimming motion to maintain though.

Bio/Personality: Ditu is the more playful of the group, even quicker to joke and laugh than Edri, and even quicker to seek out adventured. Despite this he can be serious when the time calls for it, be that fighting a dangerous foe or protecting a friend.

----------

Name: Onyx

Element: Earth

Equipment: Shatterer, a pair of nearly crystal-esque wrist gauntlets, upon striking the two together a pulse of sound fires from them, encompassing a small area around the wielder, its pitch and force is enough to shatter glass, crack crystal, and vibrate metal, usually temporarily stunning any caught within it, or sending shudders through approaching weapons, such as blade or bolt, the latter which stops.
Onyx can forcibly take control of most who wield it. It is also physically impossible to only put on one of the gauntlets.
Onyx has the 3rd highest purity of the group.

Appearance: Average Earth Okotan. While she has kept her original it is somehow animated by pure crystal instead of earth as her element should have caused. Her eyes themselves are a pair of Onyx stones.

Bio/Personality: Onyx is the only member of the group who doesn’t have a cult, or at least not anymore. She has also not been seen, nor communicated with the other guardians since their release by the Mask-Makers.
Onyx was always… different to the Guardians, cold, collected, and calculative, near shifty in a way. While she put her all into their fights against Sun she never seemed to carry the same hate the others did, in fact those were probably the few times he seemed truly alive, the closest matching situations being the interest he showed when viewing and working on the destruction Sun left.

----------

Name: Edri

Element: Stone

Equipment: Sabatons of speed, a pair of metallic foot covers, they allow the user to run at speeds much faster than the average Okotan, the ground itself nearly seeming to flow in motion with their steps.
Edri’s mental control also requires his wearers consent.
Edri has the lowest purity of the group besides Woe who he ties with.

Appearance: Edri abandoned his original body and is currently hosted by Ertu, a female Okotan of stone. While Ertu mainly looks like your average Stone Okotan she has a multitude of green crystals, of various sizes and shapes embedded into her armor, forming odd patterns with small crystals, and strange designs with the larger pieces, all kept symmetrical.

Bio/Personality: Edri is a fast paced individual, cheerful, quick to laugh, just as quick to joke, and all around friendly. It is very difficult to get on his bad side, and even then it is hard to truly get him to hate you if you do.
He’s also the self proclaimed best friend of Woe’s.
Ertu is similar to Edri in her personality, only a touch more collected and reserved than him.

----------

Name: Kipir

Element: Water

Equipment: Mask of fog, a mask that allows its user to cover a large area in a deep fog. As Kipir has also discovered one can form semi-physical patches with the fog. This does require immense training, and greatly diminishing the area the fog covers.
Kipir can also overpower most who wear him.
He is the 2nd purest of the group, tied only with Ditu

Appearance: Kipir has two forms he uses. One is his original body, a metallic emulation of the average water Okotan, powered through water. The second is quite literally just his element itself. While it is unknown to the others how he accomplished this, Kipir can somehow form a semi-physical body out of pure water. While it suffers a few restrictions, such as being unable to leave its connected water source, and still requiring his mask be worn, it gives him an immense advantage over others, quite easily making it impossible to harm him in anyway besides hitting his mask. Doing so temporarily disperses his body.

Bio/Personality: Kipir is the calmest of the group. Quiet, meditative, studious, and honestly a touch disturbing at times with intensity of his focus.

1 Like

Name: Dax
Element: Earth
Equipment: The gear used by a city guard. (I personally don’t know what the guards are carrying, but I assume it’s standard armor, sword and shield.
Appearance: Black covered in purple accents. He has the guardsman standard equipment.
Bio: He’s a guard from the City of Mask Makers. He was a guard present, when Geet’s parents were murdered by a bounty hunter. Dax was also a good friend of the father of Symphony and Melody. He was present at their parents funeral. He’s about 61 years of age and thinking of settling down, opening a shop of some sort. He often greets Melody and Capella when he sees them, though that happens rarely.
Personality: undecided, I’m planning on feeling this character out. Though I can easily imagine him getting annoyed if he’s called to work on his days off.

4 Likes

Name: Skipper
Element: Unknown
Mask: Mask of shape-shifting: Has the power to make the wearer imitate any beings appearance and voice only. The mask can also change its own shape. Skipper decided he wanted a mask that looked like a G1 Komau.
Appearance:

Bio/Personallity: Skipper found himself one day with the mask of shape-shifting after a visit to an ancient temple he thought was very interesting. It was the very mask that made him look like he does now due to him abusing its power it could no longer reform his original appearance. The mask also messed with Skippers mind making him insane and maniacal to the point he no longer could interact with others in a normal conversation. His speech is broken and hard to understand, he talks with numbers and acronyms a lot. Skipper also loves to use his mask power to trick or scare other people.

3 Likes

Accepted. Same with Skipper, @Tarkur

1 Like

Name: Mokuzai
Element: Jungle
Equipment: A ventriloquist dummy named Dispii.
A carving set.
Appearance: A pale white birch like set of armor with what seems to be greenish blue plates

the blue plates are a reference to his TNC armor.

Bio/Personality: A light hearted jokester and sassy Okotan that used to be part of the group. Guess he’s back with a fresh new appearance. Seems awfully easy to forget seeing as he was with the group pretty early on.

I exist guys.

5 Likes

Accepted.

3 Likes

YEEEESSSSSSS!!! My favorite character has returned!

2 Likes

I think I found a good Love interest for Choroko

1 Like

Name: Jevis
Element: Fire
Equipment: Two one-handed katanas
Appearance:

Bio/Personality: Jevis was taken into a group of bandits at a young age. The group was the closest thing he ever had to a family, but it all changed when the bandits was betrayed by one of their own. Since then Jevis has become a bounty hunter and a sword for hire in the criminal underworld, (if there even is one on Okoto) but he never forget the okotan who betrayed what he saw as family. He prefers to work alone now, and has a cold quite demeanor, but is known to irrupt into bursts of anger from time to time.

7 Likes

Accepted.

And wow, cool mask.

1 Like

Thanks, I got the mask from Modalt Masks at Brickfair VA.

anyways, here’s a small update on Choroko’s Speer and her design.

7 Likes

I really like that spear design!

1 Like

Heyo, quick idea that just hit me, but would anyone want to/be willing to play any of the Guardians?

Only ones not up for possible grabs are Sila, Onyx, and Woe… though I may be willing to change that stance for Woe if I someone has a good enough idea/plan for him, and I feel you can play him well enough… that last bit also goes for the other characters.

Basis’s, and whatnot for the Gaurdians and their cults will be given upon request for their usage, but it will remain highly adaptable, to the point of near full reform, so long as proper reasoning can be given/explained.
This stands for cult location, size, rules/basis, etc, not personality/pre-written character profiles. These can be chnged, but will require a much more intense level of explanation, and reasoning for why the changes would occur compared to the cult basis’s.

Also they can be played as minor/‘one’-off characters by their user. (Really wouldn’t change from how I was already planning to play most of them.)

1 Like

Sorry for not responding to the post about the Guardians.

Basically, the reason they weren’t accepted in the first place is that the last time you got a character much stronger than an Okotan, it got out of hand quick.

And you were asking to get six more. Of lesser power, mind you, but my point still stands.

But I’d be okay with them if you delegated them like this.

Figured I’d clear this out now since I seemed to forget before and just accidentally ignored the post.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. Basically, they have no elemental powers (bar item/body based ones), and they’re basically the equivalent of trained fighters compared to the average citizens in terms of physical prowess/ability, i.e. Stronger/better trained than the average Okotan, but still beyond beatable in comparison to Sun/Light.

Kinda protector(/potentially higher in some cases) level characters, while the cultists would range between trained protector apprentice, and average Okotan citizen.

Also, either way, glad to see your in agreement with my current idea. (Kinda want to both see how others might run 'em, and don’t want to run another 6)

2 Likes

In that case, Then they’re accepted, as soon as people take them on.

However, I’ll still be keeping a close eye to make sure things don’t get out of hand.

2 Likes