Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga (Sign-ups)

Keep in mind Runa blacklisted masks with actual powers. Also, replicate mask powers? Why replicate mask powers when you can get a mask with a specific power?

The only player character to date with a mask power is still Halmos(I think), and he has it only because he stole it from a giant floating arena. Jayzor’s choice of course, but this seems to be more of a star wars character than a Bionicle one.

1 Like

Remember that Eric from the first rp had a backpack able to give him multiple mask powers, like speed or invisibility. I am pretty sure he used at least one more in the game, but I mighr ve wrong.
And why is he so SW for you? Riffles already exist, knifes too, the blades can be something he crafted by himself. Tge grenades might be a little too far, tho, but seeing that we have elemental crossbows it might not be that unrealistic.

I’m pretty sure he had eleventy different powers

1 Like

Technically Sonata started the RP with the Mask of Decay, though I lost track of where or who has it now.

1 Like

What about the Mask of the Sun Eater?

I think Sun Eater was the mask.

3 Likes

Name: Vinum. (pronounced Vee-noom)
Element: Jungle
Equipment: A grappling hook and a small worker’s hammer, vines being used as a handle wrapping.
Appearance: Roughly average height with a slim build, wearing green armor with golden highlights, with a fully green mask, and a scarf made of weaved together leaves and vines, with other vines growing on random parts of his armor.
Bio/Personality: He’s inquisitive and bright, and quite inventive, with a knack for smithing.

He was once an apprentice inventor under the teaching of Vinazu, but had since outgrown his leadership, when his interests diverged from Vinazu’s, him being better at and more interested in conventional smithing as opposed to the making of new inventions. As such, he decided to travel to the Mask Makers’ City, in order to start his own craft and, hopefully, gain the attention of the Mask Maker himself, hoping he had a position open for new help.

4 Likes

This is true.

Approved.

1 Like

Name: The Soil (The Lord of the Soil, original name Occymus)
Element: Earth
Powers/Equipment: The Soil is, in short, a cannibal. Normally this would amount to next to nothing as normally he is not very physically imposing. However, every person he eats, dead or alive, he absorbs the memories of. It’s this unique ability that drove him to cannibalism. No matter how decayed, he retains the memory and life of the person he devours, which includes skills such as hand-to-hand combat and weapon prowess.
His form is youthful in appearance, seeming to be no older than a young teen. However, his body is racked with age, and occasionally shows signs of rot. Massive crystals jut out of his body, and they appear to weigh him down. Ancient tattered robes swing limply in the wind around his waist.
He can feel any movement on the ground within 10 feet around him thanks to his earth control and in his prime was able to sense the entirety of Okoto through his power.
Oh, and he’s blind. His mask has no eyeholes, but it is the gift he was presented with as a Lord of Okoto. It lets him see not with his eyes, instead letting him see the eyes of others and what they see. He does have to be within ten feet of them, however.
Appearance: Youthful, but very tired. Speaks softly most of the time with a gentle easiness to his speech. Speaks in metaphors occasionally. The beautiful crystals sticking fro his spine seem to cause pain if anyone attempts to remove them. Mostly black armour, with silver highlights. His mask has several ancient, rune-like eyes crafted into its form, all hollowed out and dead, but none of them function.
Bio/Personality: Before he was the Soil, he was shy, antisocial, and cowering. He was to be the guardian of knowledge, and he hated that. That meant talking to people. He could feel everyone, everywhere, all the time. He could see out the eyes of anyone he wanted to without them even knowing.
So he started investigating the perspectives of those who were dying. Seeing the terror of death coming, the release by finally accepting it… he became enthralled. He was originally a strict vegan, but after he relented to eating a meal with the Mask Makers, he saw the entirety of the life of the former animal he was now devouring. Eventually, he caved to his curiosity and stealthfully stole the body of a citizen who had died.
The shocked and confused Okotans buried the skeleton the next day, unaware of what had occurred. But the Soil was addicted. More and more people were losing their flesh right after death. Before too long the wisdom of Ekimu uncovered that someone, somewhere, was stealing the bodies, cleaning them of their flesh, and returning them. Not an animal, a man.
He had his suspicions towards the Soil, but he was never able to prove them. The Soil was captured, tortured and blinded by his wicked sister, the Sea Queen, with the blessing of the Lord of the Undying Storm. He was left to go insane if he wanted to while his siblings formed an attack on the entirety of Okoto.
And then… Something’s missing. Somehow, he lost the memories of the ones he ate before. What happened? It was all so terrible… he wanted to curl up in a ball and cry himself to death. But hunger… He needed more people. He was hungry for knowledge. And so he returned.

Off the wall I know, but I hinted to his existence a while back with the Lord of the Undying Storm. :gregf: IDK

5 Likes

Approved.

2 Likes

Hey, @Twoured ! I see you want to join Okotan Adventures, that’s cool! However, as a word of advice from now on, you usually want to “sign up” your character in the sign up topic(like this one!) and wait for the GM(that’s @rainsong) to accept them.

With that in mind, good luck, and have fun RPing with us here!

wait what I thought he posted in OA what happened it isn’t there now

2 Likes

The post was probably removed for being “off-topic/spam/[blank]”. That said, I second everything you just said, and if Twoured would like to join I would be more than happy to help.

It’s about time someone new joined the fun, don’t you think?

Name: Risa
Element: Earth
Equipment: Risa carries a pair of knives, weighted for throwing, but is more notorious for another weapon: a pair of shears, between the length of a dagger and short sword in length. She’s trained herself to wield them dexterously, flicking and slashing them about with one hand while somehow managing to not cut herself.
Appearance: Risa is thin and athletic, and wears black and grey armor. Her mask resembles those worn by skull scorpios and skull basher.
Bio/Personality: Risa is cheerful and daring, unflinching even against daunting odds. As the stories go, she cheated death years prior, and after managing to evade even the reaper itself nothing fazes her anymore. For most of her adult life she has worked as a mercenary, offering a blade for a price - or a good laugh, she isn’t picky.

3 Likes

Interesting, approved

This is foreboding

2 Likes

Knives

This doesn’t bode well.

2 Likes

Oh? What ever could you be talking about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait, Ghid is in charge now?

1 Like

no, that was a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My first act as the new head of OA is to ban all characters with stupid backstories

Half of the playerbase is banned as well as almost all my characters

3 Likes