Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“I don’t think they’ll be able to take me over since I’m not okotan and my eyes are a little to pointy for them to really grab around my face. Of course if I would be captured I’d suggest that you’ll run.” She replied her voice became more serious towards the end of her reply.

1 Like

Gladius glared.

“That wasn’t my question.” He sternly replied. “If it can’t be removed, would you prefer to be left alive?”[quote=“Runa, post:2438, topic:47931”]
“We got dinner.” He said as they walked in.

“Correction, I got dinner.” Keya retorted.

“No, you got breakfast.” Hitora teased. “I got it back here in time for it to be dinner.”
[/quote]

Gladius smiled as the pair came back with their catch. “Whatever we can’t devour tonight we’ll bring with us tomorrow. Separate it and we can cook it up.”

3 Likes

Keya nods and takes out a small hunting knife, doing just that.

Hitora walks over and sits with the others. “She prefers I don’t mess with her while she works on her catches.” He says, explaining why he wasn’t helping.

3 Likes

“No” she boldly replied gazing into the fire.

Once Gladius had finished collecting the rocks from him, The Collected simply… fell over. A loud crunching emanating from an unknown source below his cloak before he pushed himself back up, and a hand clutching a… rather crushed, and quite clearly recently living (going by the still twitching limbs) skull spider dragged itself out from below his cloak.

He inspected the bug, raising it up to his cloaked face with a low hum of consideration before moving in search of what appeared to be a sharp enough stick to impale the now dead insect on.

Jabbing it numerous times with the sticks he collected before finally settling on one of what appeared to be at his preferred level of ‘sharpness’. Driving it through the spider, and then moving back towards the fire, ‘shish-kebab’ held at ready to begin roasting his ‘treat’.

Gladius nods quietly. [quote=“KAI_BORG, post:2443, topic:47931”]
a… rather crushed, and quite clearly recently living (going by the still twitching limbs) skull spider dragged itself out from below his cloak.
[/quote]

“Where did that come from?” Gladius said sternly, taken aback by the sudden appearance of a Skull Spider.

2 Likes

Hitora stood up and turned to him, eyeing him and the spider warily.

Keya had just finished cutting off the main portions of meat on the bones, just to see the spider. She held her knife defensively.

2 Likes

Azure sits with one hand on her weapon.

The woods.” The Collected replied simply.

We needed rocks, for you, and knew we would find some in there… We were also hungry.” He continued as he approached the fire, stick and impaled spider held aloft as he moved to begin… roasting it.

1 Like

Gladius frowned. If The Collected could wander off into the woods in such a little amount of time, find a Skull Spider, and manage to kill it… There were more. Very near.

“We can’t afford to all be asleep.” Gladius said, glancing at the party. “I doubt I can fully trust Tasteless here to be an effective combatant against a horde, so I will need someone else who can stay somewhat awake.”

3 Likes

“I’ll stay awake tonight.” She said, “I wont be able too sleep anyway.” She continued before removing her hand from the weapon and standing up stretching a bit.

2 Likes

Hitora turns to him. “I can do it. Azure can wake me up halfway through the night to take over for her, so she can get some sleep, too.” He says.

3 Likes

While the fire of anger is a useful tool in many a situation, against a foe of many, and composed of such as these, we have found physical fire to be the better alternative.” The Collected replied as he began to rummage below his cloak. Pulling out one of the items he’d forged earlier, from his first ‘load’ of them.

It was the odd hand held, nozzle ended one that could have various… ‘cylinders’ of differing colour inserted into it. Currently it had a red one it, the only colour he had, and only one of 3 going by the belt of ‘replacement’ cylinders hooked to it.

Build wise the device was blocky. At it’s base it was a 90 degree angle, one side held in the users hand, trigger connected to it, the nozzle connected to the other end, extending away from the user, and the cylinders connection port and carrying cage placed hanging in the middle, furthering its blocky look.

Jevis simply nodded. There’s nothing here for me, I should be on way. Jevis began moving toward the exit.

@TheMightyObsidianDude Kryuna hastily checked over Ilza’s body for any wounds.

2 Likes

OOC:[quote=“KAI_BORG, post:2451, topic:47931”]
The Collected replied as he began to rummage below his cloak. Pulling out one of the items he’d forged earlier, from his first ‘load’ of them.
[/quote]

Yeah you should probably get new macguffins approved instead of pulling them out of thin air.

IC:

“That will do.” Gladius said to Runa. “I have spent years training myself to need as little sleep as possible to function. Well, let’s eat as soon as possible and then the rest of you can sleep. I wager we’ll need to be heading out rather early.”

1 Like

Hitora nods. “Probably a good idea.”

1 Like

OOC: I did mention that exact piece following his original ‘freakout’ session in the forge. Either way, it was so the only one, beyond that one mask, I mentioned him gathering. (Or at least I think I did.)
Either way it’s a highly limited use, minimal power, and low efficiency tool with mildly weaponizable aspects.

IC: “Do not rely on such for more than a brief reprief. It is merely a tool of dispersal, and direction. The fact that by doing such with fire can bring harm is but an additional benefit. We offer it only for the knowledge that the Ancient One will find discontent with your loss to the swarm, and that through its use it will be much easier to prepare the remains for personal consumption .
It will last no longer than 3 quick sweeps. Mayhaps 6 if you are skilled, or cocky enough to limit you use.

OOC:[quote=“KAI_BORG, post:2455, topic:47931”]
I did mention that exact piece following his original ‘freakout’ session in the forge. Either way, it was so the only one, beyond that one mask, I mentioned him gathering.
[/quote]

Mentioning it existing does not equal getting it instantly approved with all its capabilities. Coming up with new things on the fly to add to your arsenal is a good way to get in trouble with any GM. Take it up with @jayzor17, probably in discussion or PM.

IC:

Gladius solemnly nods. The Collected seemed to be babbling about something incoherently. And the sky was almost dark.

1 Like

“Azure just departed to the Jungle Region on a favor for me,” Ekimu repeats. “She’s on her way to the city of Karios right now. And, if you may excuse my curiosity, I had simply wondered if there was something you had wished for help with.”

The robed Okotan bows to him before returning to their duties.

OOC: Talked this over with Obsidian on Discord; just simpler for me to keep describing things until you get the spider off.

IC: Her armor is scraped and dirtied from days in the desert, but she sports few injuries. A cut here, a bruise there; all things that will heal in no time.

2 Likes

“I need to speak with her.” Athena muttered before asking for indications of Azure’s departure.