Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Streke looked up. “Hello!”

“Hi.” Vladin said quickly. “Have you seen two Okotoans here?” He asked before describing Rena and Blaze.

“No, sorry. You talking about Blaze?”

“Yeah… Him…”

After a while the group sent by Ekimu could hear somebody approaching in the woods.
@Tarkur @Ghid @Runa @whoeverelseispartofthegroup

2 Likes

Azure ignored the sound beliving it to be just an animal passing by.

1 Like

As the moments were passing the sound became louder and louder.

1 Like

Gladius’ brow crinkled. Whoever it was must have somehow seen the dying fire - which was almost entirely dead at this point - or it was some Rahi interested in a meal. Possibly one with a Skull Spider on its face.

“We’d better get to bed.” Gladius said, standing up and stomping out the last few embers in the fire, cutting off the glow. It was almost pitch black out.

In the darkness Gladius could hear the steps getting closer and closer, before stopping. It was likely that the figure entered the camp.

The dim moonlight reflected brilliantly off the armour on Gladius. While his shape was nearly unrecognizable, the reflections made it obvious someone was there. The rest of the party was invisible, especially the Collected.

“Sorry. I don’t know. I think he might have left town with my friend, though. I’m waiting for Ekimu to come back.”

@Ghid Athena silently approached Gladius. He could see, and probably even recognise her.

@meepinater Vladin nodded as he left.

Streke sighed. He stood up and out his shield and sword away.
“That’s it…” He muttered. “I’m gonna find Dakron and Blaze… and whoever else.”

If Athena approached any closer, she might run into the tip of Gladius’ drawn sword.

“Who are you?”

Keya turned and pointed her sniper barrel at her. “Take one more step.” She dares.

1 Like

Athena looked down at Gladius’ sword, before rolling her eyes and sighing.
“I’m Athena. I’m looking for Ekimu’s team sent to a city in the Region of Jungle (OOC: Sorry, I forgot its name). He told me the overall area of where I could find them, and I saw this camp from above in my Gukko.”
OOC: Wouldn’t she recognise Gladius? I mean, it’s not like he has a common appearance.

2 Likes

“There are Skull Spiders here,” Gladius grunted. “I’m responsible for that party, and I’m not about to include yet another person to care for without Ekimu’s express permission. Return by the route you came.”

The Collected, who had begun sneaking up on the approaching being as soon as they’d been heard paused as Gladius began speaking peaceably with her.

So, are we not to end the threat?” The Collected called out from behind Athena, his scythe raised above his head, the blade unfortunately glinting a tad from the weakened moonlight, and readied to strike.

Gladius glared sharply at the Collected. “If this were a threat, it would be dead by now.” He retorted. “Classified ‘nuisance’, if you are familiar with the word.”

… Yes, I recognize your use of the word.” The Collected replied, lowering his scythe back down and sliding it back into its holder across his back.

“Believe me, even if he would want me to join this little band of yours, Ekimu would not convince me.” Athena said, taking he spear and stabbing it into the ground, supporting her wight on her. “No. I am here to talk wkth Azure.”