Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Please take a seat, agents” The guardian of frost spoke up as the pair made it to their seats. Without much hesitation Tarkur and Era did as he said, “We were here for a briefing, right?” Tarkur says as he takes a seat. “That is correct.” Night responded in a serious matter, “In fact why don’t we begin already.” she continued. “We’ve summoned both of you here after the finding of the location of specimen 01 to be but are best resources elsewhere. Why don’t you explain Spark.” She said as she passed the word only to be interrupted by Era, “She has a name.” Era pointed out rather rudely. “Where were we? right the mission briefing.” Spark answered as he gave Era a rather annoyed look. “We are aware of her name but as I was about to say before being interrupted. We need you to get to the jungle region and retrieve the scientist, engineer and technology expert dr Domau Raes Frei.” He begins explaining. “We have evidence to support that he has previously been working on projects concerning Okotans abilities to use and manipulate elemental energi and through this creating machines utilizing these methods. Only recently one of our agents learned of a new project of his he called it a Kanoka. Ancient Okotan for throwable projectile. What we have learned is that this Kanoka is a weapon of sorts capable of storing and utilize elemental powers.” He continues, “If this is true it would help greatly with our cause. That’s why we need you to get him to join us before this technology end up in the wrong hands.” He concludes. After hearing this both Era and Tarkur were fast at trying to process the information.

1 Like

Dakron continues his slow work on his scythe, now moving to polishing the handle.

On his Gukko, Streke flies around the City of the Mask Makers in great big circles, searching for Blaze and Dakron.

Vra’axinni walks through the jungle, looking for an easy way to his old village. Or, what was left of it.

1 Like

Bramble, still following behind, thought about how to gain more from this rather dead conversation.

“…Hey, at least the family reunion doesn’t last long.”

He would continue kicking himself for the next few minutes.

Vra’axinni simply stops, turns, and stares at him. He furrows his brow. “Do you think this is a joke?” He asked, clearly angered by the comment, his rage slowly growing with each second.

In the djstance, Ghabix could see the torches caried by the deasd’s family. There was a custom in this isolated area of the Region of Stone: the family and close friends of the victim had to lead the body to the Sacra-Nui, a big rock formation that was acting like a cemetery.
Ghabix couldn’t stand the pressure. He knew that the brother of the victim was suspecting him for the murder. He didn’t feel worthy to watch the funerals. He entered in his hut to prepare for the night.

1 Like

Traykar whistled while he crossed the bridge, ignoring the strange looks he was getting.

Vladin stood down on Blaze’s sofa (if he had any), looking outside at the darkness of night. His house was very far away, and he couldn’t afford to go there and return by tomorrow.
“You know what?” He asked himself aloud. “Blaze won’t mind if I spend some more time here without telling him.”
He said, standing up and going to the kitchen.

Bramble chuckled nervously, painful tension written all over his face, as he seemed to get smaller for a moment while he crept slightly backwards. “Sorry.” He eventually gets out. “I’ve been separated from my family almost my entire life. I tend to not take things like that so seriously anymore.”

The kitchen was well-stocked and had a wide variety of ingredients to choose from if leftovers weren’t that appealing to Vladin.

Blaze prepped a quick but filling meal for Rena and the team as he kept the fire going, sometimes reaching in and adjusting the pile by hand due to his natural resistance to high heat.

Vladin sellected some leftovers, as Rena accepted Blaze’s food.

The meal Vladin picked out was leftover soup that had been in the cooler for a couple days, which was to its benefit as all the flavors had mixed and blended to become like a symphony of flavor.

Blaze said nothing as he kept an eye on things and tended to the fire between bites of his food.

“Better than nothing.” Vladin said as he looked for a way to heat the soup.
OOC: If Okotoans use Ice Crystals for fridges, there must be a use for the Fire Crystals too.

1 Like

“We ran into a thug with some sort of shadow ability who claimed to be from Tsim Krad. He said he was being forced to fight, but I didn’t really buy it. Then he just begged us to go to Tsim Krad and teleported away.”

1 Like

Dakron took his food and began to eat it.

“They’re, it’s…” Jaspar tries to come up with something reassuring, but finally gives up, letting his head fall. “I don’t know. Lync and I ran away from the village to lure the spiders away with us. It was snowing pretty hard, we couldn’t see the village, and Lync wanted to make sure you weren’t going to spend your life as some sort of mindless zombie, it, we… we never even checked.” He grimaces, his eyes locked on the dirt underfoot.

Lync frowns, her grip shifting on her blaster. “People with connection to shadow aren’t just common thugs. Most of them aren’t good, either. If they wanted you to go there it was probably a trap. It’s worrying, but…” She trails off, running the possibilities in her head. Was it worth investigating? “Let’s just get to Underhill.”

3 Likes

After conveniantly finding a way to reheat his food, Vladin started eating it.

Rena also continued eating her food.

Athena was climbing up the stairs of the Forge.

1 Like

“I was counting on it being a trap. Springing it might have given away why Dark Mist would be taking such rash actions, though if you’re a friend of Hiraeths then we’ll just follow you.”

1 Like

Vra’axinni backs off for a second. “Well, I just lost my whole people to the Spider Queen, so it is still a fresh wound.” He said, turning back around. “Hopefully, we can see if any remain in my old village, or its remains, and see if we can determine her location.”

Jevis heads out of the temple. Finding Pheore in the jungle would be like finding a needle in a hay stack, but he had persistence, something which had gotten him this far.

1 Like