Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Icar follows him.

Reluctant, Hitora follows, keeping himself ready for attack.

Keya keeps on behind the pack, trying her best to stay quiet.

1 Like

(@Runa @Tarkur @KAI_BORG)

It didn’t take long for the party to become submerged in the thick jungle overgrowth. Gladius was not a hard guide to follow, as his movements over fallen logs and through thick foliage were slow and cumbersome.

For some reason Gladius turned towards Hitora as they marched. “I heard several rumours about you. Exactly how old are you?”

—[quote=“Runa, post:2618, topic:47931, full:true”]
Vra’axinni backs off for a second. “Well, I just lost my whole people to the Spider Queen, so it is still a fresh wound.” He said, turning back around. “Hopefully, we can see if any remain in my old village, or its remains, and see if we can determine her location.”
[/quote]

Bramble gave no verbal response, only a very mild shrug as he followed after him. Have I really been walking all night?[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:2656, topic:47931, full:true”]
Athena arrived in the skies of the Region of Jungle
[/quote]

If she saw, on the well-lit camp in the region of jungle, as dawn had finally broken through fully, she would find it… Deserted.

No smoke trailed up from the campfire. The ground where they had slept was beginning to moisten with dew. The line of trees and foliage where they made their entrance was almost invisible along the row of trees.

And the only direction they could have gone? somewhere through the line of trees, towards the heart of the region of Jungle.

That’s when she heard the call, booming through the jungle, bellowing across the entirety of Okoto.

Frog scraped himself together after another horrible nightmare shook every bone in his body. This time it was a small family crushed underneath rubble, crying out for help. It apparently didn’t stop dream him, as he had driven a mace through the head of one and strangled the others.

Stepping up to the edge of his cavern, Frog reeled in a massive gulp of air into his tiny lungs ad let an ear-splitting call across all of Okoto. The folks in the jungle region must’ve heard it the loudest.

Halmos growled to himself as he forced himself to move faster, then-

A sudden booming sound, clearly from an animal, rippled through the air. With panicked eyes he lowered his altitude in an attempt to avoid detection should one of them turn around in curiosity.

Athena yelled in anger once again as she jumped on the Gukko and flew it above the tree line, searching for the group.

For about five kilometers the trees are too closely grown together to see much through. However a ways off, where the trees are clearer, there’s definite movement of at least two people, seemingly headed in the same direction.

Athena flew to the silhouettes, hoping that is was them.

As the booming call reached the group Collected startled violently.

Releasing a shriek of, “THREAT!” As he whipped his scythe forward, his cloak flaring violently as he turned in all directions in search of the ‘threat’.
This revealed both his ancient, unkempt, and damaged armour, and his odd, surprisingly well kept… ‘decorative’ pieces atop it.

1 Like

Bramble looked up at the sky. Something was about to fly overhead.

“Um…” He poked at Vra’axinni.

Gladius looked quizzically at the source of the sound, then rotated to glare at the Collected.

“Chill. There’s nothing right around here. Whatever’s making that noise was making it two days ago as well.”

1 Like

Athena landed in front of the two. She was extremely surprised to see Bramble again.
“The hunter?”

“The hunter? Uh… I- yes, me! hunter! right. How ya been?”

Bramble tried desperately to remember who this person was. No doubt Vra’axinni was perplexed, at the least.

“You don’t remind me, do you?” Athena said, unamused by Bramble’s babbling. She then explained him who she was and that she was searching for Gladius’ group, asking him if he saw them.

Ah… Apologies. We may have… Overreacted a touch there.” The Collected replied, a touch of sheepishness, one of the first ‘real’ emotions shown by him as of yet, seeping into his voice and expression.

We have just been on edge since the irritating one who seemed so determined to argue with you left, and upon recalling your warnings of the forest’s dangers. We can not let ourselves fail the Ancient One’s request, and that means keeping you all safe.

“Re… Mind you?”

Bramble was confused by the wording, but listened intently to her description of recent events. Ah, she was… That person. from the group. Yeah he didn’t really remember her, but whatever.

“Glandius might be- that’s his name, right? he might be looking for the lost village of, um… This fellow here, I forgot your name, sorry.” He motioned to Vra’axinni as he spoke. “He’s going after the Spider Queen, and if I recall Glandius is a tough guy, so that’s probably who he’s after.”[quote=“KAI_BORG, post:2691, topic:47931”]
“We have just been on edge since the irritating one who seemed so determined to argue with you left, and upon recalling your warnings of the forest’s dangers. We can not let ourselves fail the Ancient One’s request, and that means keeping you all safe.”
[/quote]

Gladius almost smiled. Stupid dedication was a dangerous thing, but if the Collected’s heart was in the right place, he could be a powerful ally. If he even had a heart…

“Well, keep on the alert. The deeper we descend into the jungle the more likely our chances of being attacked become.”

1 Like

“No. He is going to a city of the Region of Jungle. Ekimu sent him there. I mean, he might meet the queen there, I don’t know. And I honestly don’t really care. I just thought you saw him, seeing that they decided to go straight theough the forest instead of following a regular road, like the civilized Okotoans they are.”

1 Like

“Physically?” He asks. “About 27. In truth?” He sighs. “I’m not sure exactly, but old. I was of the third generation to live on the island.”

Vra’axinni looks up, spear at the ready. He holds silent to the newcomer.

1 Like

Hearing the mention of a city, Bramble looked expectantly at Vra’axinni. Seeing a steeled and impassive response, he looked back at Athena.

“Well, uh… These jungles are pretty thick, and I don’t think you’ll find much from the air.” He glanced cautiously at the Gukko. “And I wouldn’t travel alone on foot. Skull Spiders have become more and more common to the point where I’m having trouble handling them.”

“Third?” Gladius looked maybe a tiny bit surprised. “Well, how did you end up over here?”

“I…don’t know. I found this…glowy…thing, in the air, and touched it, and next thing I knew, I was surrounded by a bunch of strange people in colorful armor, apparently a few thousand years later.” He sighs. “It’s…a lot to adjust to. Everyone you knew, long dead.” He’s silent for a bit. “I…I miss them. Some.” Then he looks around at his companions. “But, I’ve met new people to help me adjust. They’ve made it easier.”

2 Likes

“I can just fly to the city and wait fkr them there.”
OOC: How was the city named again?

OOC:

It’s the capital. However Bramble and Athena don’t know Ekimu’s instruction. And Gladius’ crew may or may not be heading there, they kind of just walked into the forest with no sense of direction.

IC:

“The only major city around here is the capital…” Bramble said, unsure. He hadn’t ever been to the capital or any other cities, so he had no way of knowing. “But by now the capital might have been overrun by skull spiders.”

@Ghid Tarkur and Era slowly turned 90 degress with the Gucko to quickly investigate the sound. “What was that?” Era asked, “Dunno, probably nothing.” Tarkur replied before flying away again.

@Runa, @Ghid, @KAI_BORG

Azure listens to the conversation about Hitora’s age a part of her could relate seeing as herself leaving her friends behind and practically “lost” when her means to traveling through dimensions got destroyed. “I think I could understand how that would fell. Losing everyone you know. I mean.” Azure replied.

1 Like