Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

It was a grandiose celebration. The Lord of the Undying Storm stood triumphant on the top step of the Forge, his siblings gathered around him in royal formation, their pawns and minions about them, all of Okoto cheering them on.

They had succeeded.

“You should be proud.” The Core said to his brethren. “This victory has cost Okoto many lives.”

The Lord of the Skies cackled and drew Ekimu out of his form, beaten and bruised almost beyond recognition. He collapsed in front of the Lord of the Undying Storm, looking up pitifully. “Have pity on my people. Please.”

“Kill him!” The Sea Queen hissed with excitement, kicking the Mask Maker forward. “Show Okoto who really rules this pitiful island, brother!”

The Storm grinned, bringing up his massive axe to strike, and swinging it down into the neck of Ekimu. His head rolled on the floor with a dead glaze in his eyes. Unsatisfied, the Storm swung again, lopping his head off again.

And again. And again. And again.

It wasn’t working. Every time he lopped Ekimu’s head off he seemed to grow strength. Worse, he was starting to run away. To his hammer, at the bottom of the stairs.

Finally Ekimu was strong enough to bolt away and nearly fly down the stairs. The Storm gave a violent chase, when his foot caught in the massive gash he had created two days ago, jamming him in place. As he struggled in vain to free himself, far more harrowing versions of all the attacks he performed on the city flashed before him, from an Okotan’s point of view.

He wasn’t even slightly fazed by this whatsoever, but the one performing the actions was some twisted, demonic version of himself, lightning quick and very aggressive. It didn’t help when, in a bizarre pit formed by the steps of the Forge, nearly all the Okotans in the city began closing in on him.

“Brother! Help me!” He said, twisting around to see his siblings, far off at the lip of the pit. “Get me out of here!”

But the only thing he received was laughter. The Core was the only silent one, who glared maliciously at him from afar. They seemed to be further away than ever before, and the pit was growing dark.

“Help!” The Storm cried, twisting around in vain. Nearly all the light was gone save from his two piercing eyes and his massive heartlight. “Anyone! Hello?”

Nobody cried in return. It was just the void returning his agonized cries. He drummed his fingers against the walls to find they were much closer than ever before. Far away was a dull, scraping sound, almost silent, like metal was being scraped on one area and then dropped in another.

His eyes opened. It was the sound of Ekimu cleaning upstairs. The walls were real, only his fingers couldn’t move. The cell he was in just became that much emptier and alone.

Gladius trailed behind Keya, making tiny, sharp glances in every direction. The feeling of morning was just starting to pass.

If a tree could look death into anyone, it was the Lord of the Skies. He glared violently at Athena while the farmer attempted to comprehend what just happened.

“I- I didn’t realize-”

“Disguises were necessary.” The Skies said, turning back to him. “Would you kindly show me to the center of the capital? I wish to become reacquainted.”

Still very confused, the farmer led him on, the Skies taking a triumphant glace at Athena before following.

3 Likes

Athena rolled her eyes at the Skies cockiness and unjustifiable pride (at least this seemed to be the case for her). She turned back on her heels and headed to the opposite direction, towards the entrance of the city.

Keya led the way along the blood path, keeping her eyes on it so as to not lose it.

Hitora trailed them, arms loosely crossed across his chest.

1 Like

@Runa, @Ghid, @KAI_BORG

Azure followed the group from behind keeping her attention up as she suggesting to scout ahead.

@Ghid
Tarkur and Era continues flying towards the water region making their way swiftly towards Era’s hotel.

Reige began heading towards the Mask Makers city he had quickly noted that it was the current strongest source of negative emotions on the island. “Finally a source worthy of my time.” He arrogantly proclaimed to himself as he continued forward.

1 Like

“Ciril the Wise… hmm…”

1 Like

Halmos sped a building in the distance. Could that be where the pair were headed?

Regardless, being over the water region meant eyes watching the Gukko. He began ascending higher.

1 Like

Tohi continues walking to the Region of Jungle.

OOC: i need to remember to post more

1 Like

The building was indeed their destination but as he would notice the house had been abandon for some years and was badly in need of restoration. The pair began descending for landing. “Feels like yesterday doesn’t it?” Era asked, “Yeah but it seems a bit quiet don’t you think?” Tarkur answered. Era replied with a nod and they continued decending.

1 Like

@BlackBeltGamer98 Vladin was already outside the bunker, looking at the door hidden in the forest. After he saw its interior, and after he took what he thought it was its greatest treasure, he couldn’t stop but wonder why Blaze made this, how he made this, and when did he even started such a big project.
Vladin looked around him, just to be sure that there was nobody there. He also looked inside the bunker, just to assure that Icar was not coming out just yet. He then opened his bag and took out of it one of the journals, the first one wrote in chronological order. He opened it at it’s very first page and started reading it, being somewhat familiar with Blaze’s writing.

Once she arrived at the city gates, Athena looked around her, to be sure that there were no narcissist trees or creepy Okotoans spying and/or following her. One of each category was more than enough for her, especially seeing that she met both of them in the span of only… three days?
Athena implanted her fingers strongly in the wall next to the door. She then started climbing it, till she got to the top. She jumped from the wall side, launching herself in the air and making a spin, falling on her legs on the top of the wall. However, her momentum was too strong, and she almost fell off the wall.
She cringed. “See, Athena? If you didn’t accept helping the Perfect Couple, you would be home, practising your air spins, not in the capital of the Region of Jungle, so many kilometres away.”
She let herself fall down. She chose a spot in which she could see if any newcomer -preferably Gladius’ group- would enter the city. From that spot she could also see the Lord’s fun in the town, and if he was going to do anything dangerous that would might include the Gukkos -Athena’s only way back home- getting hurt.

It chronicles the process Blaze used to find this spot and the preparations he made to create the lab: getting Lightstones, a mask of Earth and several notebooks.

Vladin looked at the date in which the first ‘chapter’ of the book was wrote. He wanted to know how long was the gap between the adventure and the building of the lab.

“The Mask of Ultimate Power…it’s forbidden but there is potential to make it stable; the Toa used such a combination to revive Ekimu and seal Makuta away without blowing up the island.”

“I just want to see if it’s actually possible but Ekimu will never let me do this with his blessing; I’ll, with deepest regret, do this in secret.”

That was the first passage.

Seeing that there is no date, Vladin continued looking through the pages. He wanted to see names: the group, Rena, Blaze’s family. He wanted to know who was involved in this whole things.

The others were mentioned but it was very explicit: Blaze was the only one working in that lab and the only one who knew about its existence.

Dakron continued following Blaze and Rena and the others, walking along behind them. He tapped his fingers against his thigh in time to an unsung melody as he walked.

Streke flew high above the group, not seeing them.
“Argh,where are they?” He said, frustrated.

1 Like

He began walking toward the citys entrance. He quickly crosses the bridge and would be glowing like a torchs fire from the top of the city walls. Reige carefully retracts his Magma sword and makes sure to let his feet touch the ground. This was done to not grab to much attention. After entering the mask maker city he quickly went to a clothing store and “purchased” a hood to cloak himself further.

@BlackBeltGamer98 Vladin kept looking through the first journal.

Athena got bored. She couldn’t see the group coming, or the Lord doing something foolish. She really expected the group to come faster, tho to their credit they were probably lost somewhere in the jungle.

@BlackBeltGamer98 @meepinater @Jcton
Rena stood up, thinking of a plan.
“There are not any sandstorms in the overall area of the crater, thanks to it geography. It will also be colder, so we would not have problems sleeping. It would be the best to go there for the night, especially because Andhera might be there.”
She said as she turned on her heels and lead the group towards the crater.
@jayzor17

After the relatives left, Ghabix jumped off the stone, heading to the tomb of the dead.

2 Likes

Dakron nodded and followed Rena.

1 Like

Hiraeth approaches the two talking, not really saying anything. He rubs his eyes a little bit; he was not a morning person.

2 Likes

Soon, Tohi would find himself in the Region of Jungle. “Took me long enough.” He says, not really sure why he even came here.

1 Like