Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Um hm” Azure responded not really focusing at the moment.

Tarkur closed the door and began searching through an old book of maps and different locations from the old stand of traveling pamphlets. They were rather dusty so a cough or two escape his mouth as he browsed them. “Vulcanos…” he muttered to himself in his search, Era came up from behind, “What are you doing? You don’t believe him do you?” She asked, 'Well no but if what he said was true then Streke is in trouble and based on what he knew he only saw him which makes me wonder where Athena is or why he ended up there." Tarkur answered, “So you are suggesting they split up or something far worst happened to Athena and Azure.” Era replied, “Yeah sounds about right, so I think we should organize this mission from the guardians but first I’ll go and check the mountains for him.” Tarkur said in a hurry, “You sure about going alone?” Era asked. “No but you already know that I’m very found of multitasking!” Tarkur replied heading for the gucko parked outside.

1 Like

Halmos walked into the woods a fair distance, found a particularly leafy tree, and sat down behind it to mull over what had just occurred… And what was most likely about to.

1 Like

Tarkur readied the gucko, waved good bye to Era and took off.

A while later Ilza sighs, pulling herself back together. She heads to Jasper’s room, and knocks on the door.

2 Likes

“Ready as i’ll ever be.” Hiraeth doesn’t know what awaits exactly, but he was sure it was going to be a challenge.

3 Likes

Lync nods. “Let’s go.” She leads them out of the village.

OOC: Would any of them actually know where they’re going? @Jcton

There’s the sound of papers shifting about, and a moment later Jaspar opens the door. He looks confused at first… and the confusion stays after he realizes who it is.

“Oh. Hello. I’m sorry, I didn’t, uh… Would you like to come in?” He steps back, gesturing to his room, which she might see has maps and books scattered over most available surfaces.

Ekimu watches the Storm emerge back into the world. The Mask Maker looks… amused, almost.

“And here I thought you would find this space more accommodating,” he murmurs, loud enough for his guest to hear.

@Ghid @Tarkur @Runa @KAI_BORG Once all five travelers are collected and presuming The Collected does nothing too unusual, the guard begins raising the lift to deliver them to the platform above. Upon the platform sit nine Okotans, garbed in green and weathered from age, their seats arranged in a semi-circle facing their guests. The central elder waves them forwards.

“Come, come. How may we aid you on this day?”

3 Likes

“Oh, heh, all I was really coming here for was to say I’d be ready to go, now… Whenever you are, anyway, it looks like you have a lot to pack up…”

2 Likes

The Lord of the Undying Storm didn’t seem to notice the comment. It was like he was seeing the city for the first time. There were only minimal signs of his attack two days ago still remaining, including a cut-like line of stone in the stairs looking noticeably less aged.

He suddenly pulled back from the doorway, which previously he was standing in, as he recalled the existence of pegleg snipers. “I assume my task does not involve becoming blind?”[quote=“jayzor17, post:2947, topic:47931”]
“Come, come. How may we aid you on this day?”
[/quote]

Gladius quickly lowered himself onto his knee, producing a muffled thud and subtly motioning for the others to do the same. “We bear an urgent message from Ekimu, the Mask Maker, tasked to us to deliver under the authority of his word.”

“The Mask Maker is greatly concerned over the disappearance of the Protector of Jungle, Vizuna, and has tasked us with locating him. Therefore we have come, asking your leniency in allowing us knowledge on this matter, and for all that you know regarding the disappearance of Vizuna.”

1 Like

Keya takes a knee as well, but Hitora stays, until Keya stands up, pulls him down by his shoulder(which he reluctantly follows), and returns to her position as well. It was obvious Hitora wanted to say something.

3 Likes

Azure sits down in a meditative stance and listen every now and then but focuses on the important information.

1 Like

“You would assume correctly,” Ekimu says. “Tell me, have you heard of the one known as Erebos?” The Mask Maker’s hammer feels heavy in his hands, and his eyes are drawn back to the indent the traitorous hunter had made in his wall. He had been unfocused then; too many pots boiling over at once. This time would be quite different.

Jaspar’s eyes dart back to his messy room. “Oh, that won’t be a problem. I can have that cleaned up in ten minutes - no, five - you know what, let’s make it ten to be safe.” He turns back to her, forcing a smile. “See you outside in ten?”

The Elders sit for a moment in silence, their reactions mixed.

“Vizuna has been gone for forty-seven days, and now Ekimu deigns to acknowledge our plight!” one cries, banging his staff against the wooden platform.

“Calm yourself Faren,” another hisses. “You-”

“Don’t pretend to know what I want!” Faren roars back. “We have been busy from the sun’s first light until long after dusk providing counsel for those in need! Day in and day out we promise a better tomorrow, and what can we-”

“We can give them hope!” another interjects."

“And what use is ho-”

“Hope is better than nothi-”

The lead elder claps, the noise cutting through the squabbling. The elders fall silent once more.

“Please, forgive our disunity,” the leader says, her voice smooth and solemn. “Our patience has been tested greatly, of late. Even if you are Ekimu’s first emissaries, I will not question his judgement until we see its results.” Some elders murmur in agreement, others mutter quiet rebuttals. “Losing Vizuna was an unexpected blow, and only an omen of what is to come, it seems. Darkness once more lurks among the bog and the root, quietly gnawing away at what we hold dear.” She laughs mirthlessly.

“But you didn’t come to hear me fearmonger, now did you? You seek Vizuna. He departed weeks ago, first to the City of Mask Makers, then to his home of Karios. He sent word that he had heard whisperings in the wood. He feared what might lurk there, and sought to contain it before it might spread. Given the passage of time, well… some of us fear the worst.” The elders fall silent for a moment.

“Vizuna said he wished to explore the ancient ruins south of Karios; if you are to hope for anything more than a wild gukko chase, it will be there. One of our woodsman can guide you there, and we can provide provisions for the trip, should you need them. But a personal request, if we may… a Protector’s mask and weapon are ceremonial as much as functional. Should all else fail, we wish to pass them on to the next generation.” For a moment, she lapses into silence.

“Now, is there anything else we can do for you?” @Runa @Tarkur @KAI_BORG

5 Likes

“Uh, sure, heh… see you in ten.” She smiles a little in return.

2 Likes

Hitora is silent for a moment. “We weren’t the first.” He finally says, looking directly at them.

“He means thank you, and we can’t think of much else.” Keya says sternfully, directed mainly at Hitora. “And we will do so, if need be. Though I believe Vizuna will be fine.” She chuckles. “We kinda have to.”

3 Likes

Azure mentally noted that they should head for that ruin, And that the mask should be retrieved. She rises from the floor. Readying herself to walk out of the hut.

1 Like

“If I remember correctly, it is located somewhere north to the Earth Capital and northwest of the Temple of the Creature of Earth, at least that’s what the Dark Mist Thug told me.” Kryuna said, deep in thought trying to remember what Orchestra had told her.

2 Likes

The Wolf finally stepped out from the shadows, and into the light. The only thing I between him and his egress?The Bridge linking the city to the other side of a ravine.

The Storm seemed insulted by such a trivial question and such an absurd name. Then he actually thought about it.

“No, there is some vague familiarity around the name, but…” His fierce eyes squinted in irritation. “No. The only name I can remember is a Hitora, who disappeared suddenly very long ago. None of my siblings cared except the Lord of the Core, who was cut up about it.”[quote=“jayzor17, post:2952, topic:47931”]
“Now, is there anything else we can do for you?”
[/quote]

Gladius listened attentively, unmoved by the plight of the elders and annoyed that Keya had answered for the whole group. It was evident Hitora was too frustrated to represent the party adequately, so he would have to do.

“The City of the Mask Makers was attacked,” Gladius responded. “By an ancient elemental lord of ice, who proceeded to destroy the entire City in a rampage. I apologize that our arrival was not as swift as hoped for.”

“We thank you for your offer of provisions and guidance. And our humble advice to prepare. This monster which ravaged the City of the Mask Makers is nowhere near what dangers-”

There were faint cries of “Vizuna” and commotion going on below. “-May soon arrive. We will not occupy your time any further.”

Rising and clapping one fist across his chest, Gladius turned and headed for the platform with an internal groan. Maybe he should have that checked.

The Lord of the Skies was having the time of his life.

He had been lead in his more Okotan form, directly into the middle of town, and many of the villagers assembled were… Well, shocked. One or two instantly assumed it was Vizuna, and were quickly and savagely retorted by villagers who were still waiting to get their word in with the elders. Regardless, the spotlight shone brighter than the sun, and the oversized Okotan made entirely of plants and rock wasn’t planning on letting this end anytime soon.

2 Likes

Turning away from the bridge, The Wolf gazing back upon the city. It was something extraordinary, he thought, a work of art and architectural genius. He knew he could never truly be a part of this wonderous society. Their two paths had divirged long ago. Too many burned bridges. It was better this way. He didn’t need them, he didn’t need anyone. He was free from Rules and expectations, deadlines and commitments. The Wolf answered to no one, he couldn’t be tamed, or reasoned with, anymore that the mindless beasts from the wood. Still, something within him caused him to push those thoughts aside, and marvel at the shining metropolis before him. He bitterly turned back towards the bridge, “You made your choice a long time ago,” he quietly growled, before slowly walking forward, into the night.

1 Like

Continuing from last time....

Melody closes the door behind him,
“How do you know Granite Skarn!? You will tell me right now!”
Xol feels “the okotan equivalent of sweat” drop down his face. He says nervously,
“Granite Skarn…is my uncle…I came here to learn what happened to my aunt and uncle. I also heard I may have a cousin, though my information is very old…”

Erebos continued on the north-east side of the central mountain range. He was making his way to the black crater.

@BlackBeltGamer98, @Toa_Vladin
Dax grumbles to himself about not going but decides to ultimately go. Capella teases her uncle as they went deeper into the crater.

Azure sat back down noting that they weren’t really done speaking.

Tarkur flew towards the vulcanos in search for Streke. Meanwhile Era befan researching this Domau theh werd tasked to find tho she at first turned up with nothing.

Domau began decending the stairs to his lab where he began serching through his stack of blue prints after one of a spherical frisbee shaped container in the top right corner it read enhanced elemental projectile for non Protectors and Toa, mark 1. He began looking the blue prints over and grabbed a pen from his desk with is metallic hand on his back back he then turned it over with the eraser facing the papper as he began changing the details of the blue print and adding some values, “That’ll do.” He mutters to himself before putting it down again.

In the Earth region or more specifically in Tsim krad there was a rather inpatient Skipper trying to find his way in without wanting to bring attention to himself also there was the fact that he did not know why he wanted to be there that irritated him.

1 Like