Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Athena would suddenly feel as wind breeze passing her by. Meanwhile something grabbed at her trying to drag her away from the Lord of the Skies.

1 Like

Athena quickly turned around, drawing her spear in the process, pointing it towards the one behind her.

The Lord of the Skies laughed loud and heartily. “It takes one to know one, you know. Have fun with your foolish escapades, and try to avoid sugars, if you can.”

Gladus watched as the Lord of the Skies paced towards the crowd, chuckling to himself. Well now that he’s gone I’ll talk to the guard.

Gladius approached one of the guards at the lift. “The elders mentioned that we would receive a guide to Vizuna’s last known location. Where would he be located?” (@Jayzor17)

1 Like

Icar followed him, not saying much.

“I don’t like this place.” Blaze muttered.

“We’ve become our own guardians.” Hitora responded. “You aren’t needed anymore. Just go back to wherever you’ve been for the past however long.”

The Lord of the Skies looked down in disgust. Yes, he was still there, like some kind of blood-sucking tick.

“Then why did you need the Toa?”

I didn’t.” Hitora responded. “But I can only assume the people lacked confidence in themselves. After the Toa departed, I believe we seemed to have grown a backbone.”

“I won’t let some… Ice… Okotan make the decsion for the entire region of jungle.” The Skies snorted in retaliation, slightly unsure of Hitora’s element. “Let them decide, not you. Oh, and tend to him.”

Hitora could feel a tap on his shoulder.

“I am not of ice, nor any ele-” He started, before feeling the unexpected tap, which he reacted to with a backfist towards that side he was tapped on, out of sheer muscle memory.

1 Like

Hitora absolutely destroyed the withered vine that had tapped him, and the Lord of the Skies kept walking, snickering quietly.

Hitora turned back to him. “Very funny.” He responded sarcastically. “Only way it would be funnier is if it were your face instead. Or I could have Keya take care of you.”

Keya stayed silent, neither confirming nor denying that she would do that.

As Athena drew her spear The Collected, who had been staring at her with a glare of growing hate and wariness since she’d shown up, reacted instantly to her aggressive action. (The movement, directed at him or not, was still a sudden one, and one clearly alluding to coming violence. The first reason was more than enough to set The Collected off in his already tense state, with the addition of the second one, in particular coming from Athena, someone he’d previously encountered and marked as a threat, she was lucky he hadn’t outright attempted to take her head off the moment she’d reached for her spear instead of just threatening her.)

He nearly tore his scythe from his back with the speed of which he drew it, before just as quickly proceeding to brandish it towards her as he let loose an animalistic noise somewhere between an angered hiss, and a warning growl in its mix.

The Lord of the Skies didn’t look back. He had a job to do, and no not-Ice Okotan was going to interfere.

He focused on the gathered crowd of Le-Matoran. “Is there anyone else who wishes to doubt me? Outsiders have questioned me. But I have not come to claim outsiders under my wing.”

Gladius glanced back at the Collected’s noise. There was nothing Athena could do to seriously hurt the Collected. The inverse was by no means true, however.

“It would help… Avoid certain issues if we could be directed to this guide.” Gladius reiterated to the guard.

1 Like

Hitora gives a frustrated grunt. “Too coward to respond to doubts from anyone. He’ll always find excuses.” He mutters, barely loud enough for Skies to hear.

1 Like

The guard looks around him, speechless. What a day.

“Uh, yes sir. Sorry sir. I would lead you there myself, except… you know.” He jerks his head to the Lord of Skies. “But, uh you all are headed for a building just to the north here. Big stone thing, it’s got Uxar’s crest on it. You can’t miss it. Go in, tell 'em Kiva sent you. They’ll help you on your way. And uh… tell 'em I could use a hand, would ya?” Kiva salutes. “Here’s hopin’ Uxar keeps an eye on ya; you could sure use it. Happy trails.”

OOC: Maybe that’ll balance out with Lync’s luck, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: “Great. Good plan. If I had anything better, this would be the part where I’d say it.” Lync shakes her head. “Who knows, maybe they’ll come to us.” @Axels

2 Likes

Gladius nodded and returned the salute, although less formally.

“Hitora!” Gladius barked, turning to face him. “Do whatever preparing you need to. Don’t mind the tree in a dress; he’ll be in more trouble without us around.”

2 Likes

He turns back. “I’m ready to leave whenever you guys are. They can probably take down the old withered willow on their own anyways.” He said, glancing back at Skies, hoping to see his response.

Keya got up and put away her guitar, stretching.

2 Likes

The Lord of the Skies was pretending to be too absorbed to pay any attention, hoping when he looked back Hitora wouldn’t be there.

“We have a new tag-along.” Gladius said quietly as he approached Hitora. “Make sure she doesn’t convince Azure to leave.”

1 Like

Kiva himself turns to the ‘tree in a dress’ in question, coughing nervously. “I, uh, beg your pardon. If you need something, I could take you up to the Elders?” His voice quivers slightly, his comment a question as much as a suggestion.

"I have a few matters to attend to before I depart. I shall meet you outside the city within the hour, I trust you to find your own way into the woods beyond… discreetly should that be possible.

1 Like

“Uhh…”

The Lord of the Undying Storm recalled how massive the jungle region was.

“…Right. Just… Point. The uh… Direction, I guess.”

The Skies looked at the massive line and the lift which would surely snap under his weight.

“…Maybe- Maybe you should know you’re speaking to one.” The Skies retorted, pretending to be upset about being disassociated with the elders of Okoto. “Perhaps it’d be best if you learned your history.”

1 Like