Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Vladin took his remainimg money, his weapons (you never know!) and his lavaboard and left his appartment, heading to the nearest Guko Platform.

1 Like

Kryuna got up before any one else. By now it was around noon (OOC I think that sounds reasonable) so she decided to get a fire going, and start preparing some skull spider legs. They didn’t taste good, but they were better than nothing, and easy to cook.

2 Likes

Hiraeth hears the fire and realizes he had stayed up all night. The fire was going, so now was probably his only chance to eat for a good while. He walks out of his tent, hunger was more important than sleep in his eyes.

1 Like

The Puppeteer was sitting in her throne. Two of her subordinates were sparring in front of her. She sighs as she watches the fight, clearly bored of it. The door opened bringing hope of excitement. On of her messengers walked forth with a letter that was from Rena. The Lady Krad took the letter and smiles,
“It’s been a long time since I’ve had the chance to hear from you…”
She opens the letter and reads the contents.

@TheMOCingbird
The tavernkeeper replies to Jevis,
“I do. Rumor has it that he left to the Fire Region, wearing a satchel, with something about the shape of a mask. From looking at his history, I was able to conclude that it was a mask… And I can only imagine one place Symphony would bring a mask, especially if it is a mask of power. I’ve heard he left for the City of Mask Makers, he probably arrived hours ago.”

Symphony and Sonata arrived at Melody’s home. Melody was ecstatic to see them. She welcomed them into her home and went and served them some juice. Symphony smiles and explains his surprise visit,
“Sorry, we came suddenly. I’m figured it would make for a good family trip…but I’m really here to give Ekimu or Blaze this.”
He holds up his satchel,
“It’s the Mask of Decay…and I am planning to destroy it. It doesn’t have much use anymore, since I’ve been working as a blacksmith’s apprentice.”
Melody nods. She offers them a guest room, while they stay in the City Mask Makers.

2 Likes

@Toa_Vladin “Thank you once again for your hospitality Athena” Era said as she walked in the room “Yup this will work.” Tarkur noted. Era gave him a small punch on his arm as to say stop being so rude. Tarkur got the message and said, “I must say your house is really stunningly beautiful.” He tried to be as nice as he could be about things.

Meanwhile Azure was still meditating in the circle of light in the old sanctuary if anyone was there it could be seen that she was truly concentrating hard on trying to reach a meditative state which she didn’t manage. Because of this she slammed her fist into the floor in anger as she then tried to calm down it was very unlike her to get so mad over such a thing as not being able to relax properly. She started again and tried to reach the meditative state she was after but in a matter of minutes she was interrupted again this time by the old monk, “Hello Young one, I see that you’re still trying with the meditating” He said. “Yes” Azure quickly responded a bit of annoyance could be found in her tone, “Now, now, calm yourself down wouldn’t want to upset the balance right?” He answered calmly, “No of course not.” Azure responded trying to imitate his voice. “Tell me have you been at this all day? I sense frustration from you” The monk replied just as calmly as before. “I have been here for a while and still nothing I can’t seem to reach my true self and its getting annoying.” Azure answered a bit more calmly, “Maybe you’ve already reached it, perhaps? or Maybe your being to hard on yourself dear.” The monk tries to comfort her. “No I can’t have reached my true self I don’t feel like the old me yet and no I’m not to hard on myself.” She lets out. “People change young one your never the same person who walked into the cave once you exits it. You shouldn’t try to reach the old you, the one you should reach for is you. Isn’t it?” The monk explains, “But how can I reach me if I have no reference to go on, How can I know I found me?” Azure replies her tone hinting at her being distressed. “That’s the one thing you can’t know until you’ve accepted your faults and imperfections. To clear your heart you must ride yourself from your anger because…” The Monk says as he is being interrupted by Azure “only then can you ride out the storms frustration. I know, I know but still.”

“You are doubting yourself.” The monk replied in a more strict tone. “I’m not doubting anything!!” Azure bursts out, “Ok, then tell me why you haven’t reached your true self yet?” The monk replied, “I don’t know, Maybe…” Azure lets out, “That’s why you can’t act on maybes here its either do or don’t. You can’t reach yourself without a clear view of how to do so.” The monk interrupted her, “Now go get some rest you’ll need it.” The monk adviced. Azure stayed for one last try at the meditating. Seeing this the monk decided not to stop her. It was from his point of view her choice to burn herself out not his.

After another hour or so the monk headed of to bed but Azure continued trying to meditate despite her current inability to relax due to the frustrations she was having internally,

3 Likes

@jayzor17 The letter says:
Two years have passed since my last bounty. You were right. I grew restless. I don’t plan to fully return in the team, but I want one more bounty, to see if I am still the bounty hunter I was before. Let’s meet somewhere and talk this like two normal Okotoans. I am waiting a reply.

@Tarkur “Thanks. Make yourself confortable.”

2 Likes

@Jcton “Where is his home in the region of fire.” Jevis asked further. “And was anyone else with him?”

@BrokenAxels Kryuna turned toward Hiraeth before looking back at the fire. “It’ll be ready in a few minutes.” Was all she said.

2 Likes

“Sounds good.” Hiraeth frowns slightly under his mask, a motion that, even if he wasn’t wearing his mask, would barely be noticable.

A slight hissing sound is heard behind him, and the scuttling of a small animal. Hiraeth pulls out his axe and turns around slightly. He stabs into the ground as a groan escapes from the creature, the last bit of life escaping it. He pulls his axe up, yanking the skull spider off of it and begins to tear at the legs with his hands. He tosses the body of the creature to the side. Hiraeth mumbles something about how the spiders annoyed him.

2 Likes

Kryuna smiles as Hiraeth disposes of the spider. “If you hate them so much, why do you ware one on your face?” She asks bluntly.

3 Likes

“Tradition.” He shrugs. “lack of any other mask, and i’m not walking around maskless”. Hiraeth had had this mask since childhood, he hadn’t planned on replacing it now. It almost seemed iconic to him at this point.

2 Likes

“Will do.” Era said Tarkur was unpacking some stuff on a table in the room.

1 Like

Atlas decides to head back to the City of the Mask Makers, since even if this was where the sound came from, whatever made it didn’t seem to be there.

2 Likes

Athena nodded and left the room.

1 Like

Lady Krad tossed the letter to the side. She dictated one of her subordinates to send this,
Why, do you want to throw away the freedom you bought all years ago? I have no job for those who leave the Dark Mist, instead I’ll offer this as a friend. I’m in the search for a new informant, my last one may have gotten lost, if you choose to do so…you know where to go.

The tavernkeeper replies,
“Yes, his house is down branching street towards the gucko platform. First house on the left. Yes, I believe he left with his family.”
@TheMOCingbird

1 Like

Blaze, slowly, deactivated the barrier that his Mask was generating and began putting the equipment he took out back to their proper places. Those with very keen eyes (like eagle/hawk good) might see a sliver of red and green on the same surface in his pack for the briefest of moments (this could easily be dismissed as a trick of the eyes). He did, however, hold onto a Jungle mask.

“If you’ll excuse me,” he said, “I have to go help repair the damages to Rena’s home.”

1 Like

After she read the letter, Rena looked up for a few seconds. She then took her weapons and a few more things and left her house, heading for the base of the Dark Mist.

1 Like

Blaze begins to leave The Forge to go to Rena’s villa, making sure to stop by the local law enforcement office on the way to tip them off about a shapeshifter in the city and that they should probably keep an eye out for them in case they cause trouble.

1 Like

When Blaze would arrive at Rena’s garden door he would find it locked.

1 Like

Blaze decides not to try and enter and looks around at what there was, trying to see what he could fix at the moment. The Jungle mask he brought would help him to restore some of the garden and maybe create a new fence and spruce up the gate.

1 Like

If Blaze would try to touch the door, it would fell to the ground.

1 Like