Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

@meepinater Tarkur jumped on the Gucko waiting to take off.

Azure was confused by the first statement but wanted to ask about the second one that he had cut of midsentence, however she didn’t because of what he followed up with instead she responded with a nod.

1 Like

Streke hopped on behind him.

“A pest,” He muttered angrily. “He will be dealt with if necessary. Specifically, if I can retrieve his left arm, that is all that I require.”

He was doing pretty good in his eyes. “But Ekimu himself will be along before long to deal with you. The black crater makes for an excellent pit. I wonder how many stones it would take to fill it.”

Gladius half-smiled at her response. “Hopefully I will have both answers for you soon enough.” He said. “Possibly before we reach our destination.”

He glanced down the long, dark halls that the guard had descended into. “Not that I wish to remain here much longer. Time grows short.”

“Why only his arm?” Blaze asked, his hand still gripping his sword.

Once Streke was on Tarkur motion the Gucko to take off. Soon after they started ascending into the sky in the direction of the region of stone.[quote=“Ghid, post:3293, topic:47931”]
Gladius half-smiled at her response. “Hopefully I will have both answers for you soon enough.” He said. “Possibly before we reach our destination.”
[/quote]

Azure gave a faint smile, “I’ll just have to wait, then.” She said.

1 Like

“You can do whatever you want with him.” Rena saud, walking forward a few steps. “I just want his mask and, if possible, his head too.”

Streke scanned the land below, looking for his friend.

1 Like

@meepinater Tarkur searched the ground as well, “What does he look like, your friend?” Tarkur said.

Dax nods in response to Lord of Undying Storm’s statements,
“Is that so?”

Capella looks at their new “guest” with surprise, not immediately knowing what to do.

Keya piped up when she heard Hitora’s name. “He went out to punch the air, last I knew.” She told them, not looking up from her writing. She pulled out her guitar and started strumming a few chords.

Athena looked at her, finishing counting her arrows for the third time.
“What are you writing?” she asked her.

“Trying to come up with new music.” She says, that being at least mostly true, as she strums some, then writes notes down, repeating the process.

Ekimu was forced to accept it: the Storm was long gone. He had made good progress across the island’s center, but evidently the ancient Lord’s size served as an advantage, in this case. How the Mask Maker seemed to keep misplacing ancient enemies, he did not know. One of these days it would come back to bite him. He pauses for a moment, taking in deep lungfuls of cool mountain air. It was a nice evening up here; too bad he didn’t have the time to enjoy it. But enough time for that; he doubted either of his quarry were stopping to smell the roses. And so he sets off once more, marching west for the Black Crater.

@Ghid @Runa @Tarkur @Toa_Vladin @KAI_BORG An unfamiliar Okotan emerges from the building, a thin jungle villager clad in muted greens and greys.

“Well, she wasn’t kidding that I’d know who you are. I hear you lot are looking for a guide to Karios?” He holds his hands up, palms open, looking between the travelers.

2 Likes

“Why yes we were.” Keya answers, putting away her book, pen, and guitar as she stands.

1 Like

“I think I’ve had enough of walking for a bit…” She sighs, tired out.

2 Likes

The Lord of the Undying Storm grinned. “My secret.”

“And yes, it is so.” The Storm turned towards Dax. “Only issue is I’m keeping as low of a profile as possible element-wise. I have always been the weakest of my siblings, and some of them decided to wake up recently.”

Anything he could come up with to stall time and explain away his incapability to use his element was fine by him. Here’s hoping Ekimu didn’t come in and waste all his effort. “So thankfully you lot are here to do the majority of the work for me. Awfully nice of you.”

“Vohman?” Gladius replied. “You’ve heard correctly. We have little time to spare.” He glanced at Keya. “See if you can get him.”

2 Likes

Keya nods and goes out to get Hitora.

1 Like

“That would be me,” Vohman says, bowing with a flourish of one hand. “Glad to hear you weren’t expecting the scenic route; it’s not like I have a lot of time on my hands. Now, is there anything we’re waiting on, or can we be on our way?”

1 Like

“Just a friend.” Gladius said. “There are six of us in total, and it’d be painful to lose anyone here on the way.” He glanced at the Collected. Well… Possibly over a dozen, if we’re counting that…

The Lord of the Skies rode the lift with a sour taste in his mouth. If this went south, he could always sprout wings and fly off into the sunset, but… Good luck ever coming back.

1 Like

“Not taking that for an answer; why do you need his arm?” Blaze repeated, his tone clearly asked The Storm to cut the crap and answer the question.

“If we are going to be working together, we need to be honest with each other.” Blaze told him, “otherwise, there is no reason to trust you.”

1 Like