Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

A slave indeed… The Mask of Ultimate Power shimmers, and instead the water around him shifts into a different scene. Accounting for the red hue of the water, it seems to be a snowy valley. Sheer rock slopes block out the wind on either side, but somehow the howl of the gale is twisted into something far different - a throaty wail, like some sort of wind instrument. The Lamenting Drift has sealed your mask away from the ages. You can find it… I will see you then. With that the image is gone, leaving Erebos alone in scarlet waters.

“The one you’re looking for came here a few days ago; I sent him on his way to Karios in the Jungle Region. He was on the trail of another mercenary, herself on the trail of Vizuna. A rather popular quarry these days, it seems…”

1 Like

Erebos finally knew which region on this a cursed rock the mask was hidden away in… the Ice Region. Erebos used his sword shooting a projectile into the water, causing a telekinetic explosion, creating a brief window of air. One the surface water would rise up as if something had risen suddenly from the crater. Erebos made his way up at a rapid pace, nearing the surface, close to the east.

Melody nodded, she looks at Xol,
“Alright, we know were we’re going. If we find who the bounty hunter’s target, he’ll find us.”

Sonata begins her descent from the[quote=“Jcton, post:3531, topic:47931”]
Sonata makes her way through the Earth Region. She had been making her journey non-stop, hardly stopping along the way to rest, and if she did, it was for a minimum amount of time.
[/quote]

Sonata stopped by a glass alcove, taking a short break from her march.

Tsim Krad was purposely designed like a maze, having a map was counter productive. However, perhaps if he followed the patrolling guards he might find his way, albeit he would risk getting caught.

2 Likes

The creature crept up towards the edge of the great crater, the the end opposing Ekimu’s party. It suddenly rose from it’s stance, adopting a more humanoid stance, and began to note down the proceedings.

2 Likes

“Jevis, though I doubt you’d remember.” He responded with anger in his voice.

1 Like

Blaze seemed to be on the verge of panic, but he didn’t say anything and waiting for orders from Ekimu.

1 Like

Please.” She begs, exhausted, “Even the ground’s looking pretty comfortable right now. I don’t think I’ve walked this much since… well, ever.”

2 Likes

The bartender waves in farewell, going back to his other duties.

“Jevis… well, you’re right about that one, I have no idea who you are. And please, spare me the tired backstory; I’ve heard lots at this point. If you want to fight, I’ll do you the courtesy of not breaking your legs so that you can stagger back to civilization, how does that sound?”

Ekimu turns at the sound, holding his torch towards the Crater and straining to see in the darkness. If that had been Erebos, their priorities had been decided for them. He grips his hammer in his other hand, ready to swing. @BlackBeltGamer98 @Ghid

“Oh. Then yes, let’s get to a tavern.” Jaspar points to one of the taller buildings in the middle of town, leading the way.

3 Likes

Ilza staggers after him without another word, fantasising about a nice warm bed, or really just a bed in general.

2 Likes

“I… Don’t know.” The Lord of the Undying Storm said, not glancing back at Ekimu. “To be honest, there’s no reason he should be-”[quote=“Jcton, post:3572, topic:47931”]
One the surface water would rise up as if something had risen suddenly from the crater. Erebos made his way up at a rapid pace, nearing the surface, close to the east.
[/quote]

The sudden burst of air caught his attention. Either Erebos had just drowned and the air was leaving his lungs, or they were about to have a really rough time on their hands.

He gripped his axe tightly as he raced back to the gap he had left open. Not that he would have minded, honestly - if Erebos managed to get past him, it was the region of ice to his north, and he loved the cold.[quote=“jayzor17, post:3568, topic:47931”]
“I’m a healer, not a scientist. This is beyond me.” An open barrel of water, full just below the brim, is present in the corner.
[/quote]

Ever since entering the room the vines are tugging, straining, almost tearing in an attempt to reach the water. Eventually some of the vines die, to allow for the last one to grow enough to reach it. As soon as it touches the water colour springs into the dried body, flushing a bright green to all the remaining leaves.

1 Like

Blaze tried to focus on masking his thoughts, bringing out his own weapons to fight alongside his master.

1 Like

Lync watches the experiment, wincing as the crystal shatters at the bottom. Not that way, then. @TheMOCingbird

Jaspar pays for a room as they arrive at the tavern. “I’ll just leave my stuff in here, if that’s alright,” he says to Ilza. “I was planning to poke around town a bit while you rested, and no point in paying for a second room if I’m not going to use it, right?”

The two are startled by the sudden color change, unaware as they were of the reaching tendril. Kiva moves to slash the tendril with his knife but is stopped by the healer. Instead, they wait, watching to see what the strange being would do next.

1 Like

Ilza nods and "mm"s noncommittally as she flops onto the bed and slips into unconsciousness a few moments later.

2 Likes

A minute passed where all the colour returned to Morrus’ limp body. Suddenly, it convulsed, and Morrus started wailing.

“I admit, please! I did it! I’m the one who killed him!”

With an audible snap His eyes rolled back into their sockets, and he looked around weakly with an air of unquenchable guilt at the figures looking cautiously over him. “…This is my prison, then?”

“Fair enough.” He said as he suddenly dashed toward Pheore, trying his best to maintain a decent guard position.

@jcton @jayzor17 @Axels Kryuna motioned for the group to turn around as she began t make her way toward the other path.

3 Likes

Jaspar waits a few minutes, making sure everything is good before heading out into the town. He heads over to the gukko platform, checking to see when they would be able to get a flight to the City of the Mask Makers.

The two Okotans exchange a glance.

“I, er, brought ya to a healer,” Kiva says. “You were in pretty rough shape. What’s this about killing people?”

Pheore rolls her eyes, then stands atop her crumbled pillar, drawing one sword. She stands there, relaxed and waiting for Jevis to come closer.

Lync leads the way this time, watching and listening for anyone who might be ahead of them. When they reach the intersection once more, she ducks down the other path, blaster pointed ahead of her.

Vohman nods in agreement. “A lot of them are, these days. No one fancies travelling, at the moment.” @Ghid @Tarkur @Toa_Vladin @KAI_BORG

2 Likes

“And why’s that?” Keya asks. “Sorry, been out at sea for the past…forever, I’m not exactly up to date on the mainland’s goings on.”

2 Likes

Morrus blinks twice.

“Oh, it’s you.”

He sits himself up more before registering what Kiva said. As his body begins very slowly building itself back up, he does whatever he can to not have to look Kiva in the eye.

“So… You heard that… It wasn’t just me, then.”

Gladius is beginning to grunt under his breath. The walking is starting to get to his old body, and the repetitive movement is aching.[quote=“Runa, post:3586, topic:47931, full:true”]
“And why’s that?” Keya asks. “Sorry, been out at sea for the past…forever, I’m not exactly up to date on the mainland’s goings on.”
[/quote]

He eyed her, having not properly done so. He hadn’t fully recognized the pegleg before, but she seemed entirely accustomed to it, walking at a normal pace the entire way. The musical instrument was an odd touch - it evidently had some mechanical function separate from its primary purpose and nature, but it was difficult to identify what that was.

She might make an excellent addition, too… It depends on Him, really. He decided to finally take out that note which had been so impolitely delivered to him from Ekimu and see what was written on it.

She glances over at him, but decides to just ignore it. She keeps a keen eye on the surrounding area, just in case.

1 Like

OOC welp, she has the high ground, I’m finished

IC Jevis lept toward Pheore with a horizontal slash with one of his blades.

1 Like

“Things haven’t been great around here,” Vohman says. “If you visited the Elders, I’m guessing you saw everyone waiting for help. Problems are popping up like weeds, and travelers are going missing, if they’re not careful. No one is feeling safe.”

“Er… right?” Kiva scratches under his mask, confused.

“How are you feeling?” the healer asks. “It seems like the water helped?”

OOC: maniacal laugher :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: Pheore steps over the blade easily, pushing into the air and cartwheeling over Jevis’s head. She lands behind her opponent, moving to strike the base of his skull with the hilt of her sword.

2 Likes