Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Jevis attempted to spin his torso partly around and block with his other sword, hoping it would buy him enough time to fully reposition himself around.

1 Like

Keya nodded. “I see.” She said. “Is there any guess as to the cause of some of this stuff?”

Hitora had an idea as to what it might be pop into his head, however he kept silent, not wanting to cause a scene about it.

2 Likes

He manages to deflect the handle, and Pheore spins about, backing away from Jevis. She comes to a stop a pace away from him, beckoning for him to continue with her free hand.

Vohman shrugs. “That was Vizuna’s job. Before he, uh, disappeared.”

2 Likes

Jevis lunged toward her, seething with anger, and with his left hand readied what appeared to be a heavy downward strike.

1 Like

“…Water?”

Morrus looked down at the barrel in the corner. The vine was still siphoning water from it. “Oh. Right. Thanks, I guess.” He shook himself and nearly doubled the amount of leaves on him.

“Now what?” He nearly broke his neck forcing himself to look at Kiva.

1 Like

“Oh.” Keya responded. “So I guess it’s a good thing we’re here then.”

1 Like

Pheore sidesteps, aiming a kick for whichever knee is planted forward as Jevis steps within range. @TheMOCingbird

“Uh…” Kiva looks from the Lord of the Skies to the healer, who shrugs. “I’m not sure the Elders had a plan for when you got better. I can take you back to them, I guess. Or a prison, if ya feel like going there instead.”

“Mmm.” Vohman looks off into the distance. “Can’t say I envy you.”

Melody touches Xol on the shoulder and Xol looks at her. Her complexion had changed almost complete 180 from how she was before, it was cold, filled with hatred. It was something Xol could not describe easily. To him it was as if Melody’s being became engulfed by a shadowy flame, that he could only describe as hate. The two left for the Jungle Region, although Xol wasn’t too sure of his company anymore.[quote=“jayzor17, post:3577, topic:47931”]
Ekimu turns at the sound, holding his torch towards the Crater and straining to see in the darkness. If that had been Erebos, their priorities had been decided for them. He grips his hammer in his other hand, ready to swing. @BlackBeltGamer98 @Ghid
[/quote]

[quote=“Ghid, post:3579, topic:47931”]
The sudden burst of air caught his attention. Either Erebos had just drowned and the air was leaving his lungs, or they were about to have a really rough time on their hands.

He gripped his axe tightly as he raced back to the gap he had left open. Not that he would have minded, honestly - if Erebos managed to get past him, it was the region of ice to his north, and he loved the cold.[/quote]

At first there was nothing, just silence.

In a mere moment the silence erupted with an explosion as water shot everywhere. Pitch darkness invaded the crater and extended out from the water as a figure climbed to the east bank… it was Erebos. His direction indicated his destination, the Ice Region. Erebos was making his path to the Ice Region.

IF they have sharp ears they might hear the quiet noise of glass moving against glass, as sand-like glass shards fall to the floor.

1 Like

Blaze’s instincts kicked in as he tries to intercept the Traitor.

1 Like

“Can’t say I blame you, either.” Keya responds.

1 Like

Ekimu recoils, only thinking to protect the torch after it is smothered by water, leaving the group in darkness, something that the others around the crater would notice. (@Toa_Vladin and @meepinater, aside from those already here, iirc).

“Blaze!” Ekimu calls, unsure what he’s trying to communicate as he rushes after his apprentice.

Vohman shrugs. “Still, all the best to you.”

It couldn’t be denied that Morrus glared a multitude of daggers into Kiva’s eyes as he finished that sentence. “No, as long as I have a say.” He growled.

“Get me back to the Elders.” He almost fell off the bed in his attempts to stand. “There’s about to be a massive power gap, and as much as I hate your kind…”

He groaned. “Oh, who am I kidding?” He shuffled closer to the door. “If that were true I wouldn’t be putting on a stupid display just to garner attention from you green-thumbed lunatics. But you better not ask for any hugs.” He waved a cautionary forefinger in Kiva’s face.

“Now hurry up, would you?”

The Lord of the Undying Storm grinned heartily. His brow set deep across his eyes and he dug his heels into the dirt to stop his charge. Erebos had made a mistake.

To the east was the mountain range which he had descended, the campsite… And Ekimu and Blaze. The region of ice was North, which meant Erebos probably wasn’t going there. Bummer.

But the light from the splash had given away Erebos’ current location… Or current as of two seconds ago. Thankful his power was low and therefore his shoulderarmour dark, he charged forwards in the darkness, hoping to either plow into Erebos full speed or get there in time to assist.

Man, I hate running.

1 Like

Blaze gripped his sword tightly as he continued to charge.

OOC: If Erebos can read thoughts, then, perhaps, the way to beat him is to not think.

2 Likes

“Thank you, for the comments and the help.” She responds.

“So about how long 'til we get there again?” Hitora asks.

2 Likes

Kiva flinches away slightly. “You want me to… drag you again?” he asks.

While Lync hears it, she doesn’t quite process what it might mean. She walks farther down the corridor, ready to fire at a moment’s notice. @TheMOCingbird

Vohman glances up to the sky. “Another few hours, maybe? Assuming nothing goes wrong, of course.”

Morrus looks like he’s about to break something.

“Just in case I accidentally bust the lift, perhaps it’s best if you operate it.” He almost whispers.

“Hopefully not too much longer.” Gladius huffed. “It’s getting rather dark, and there’s more and more roots sticking up where we’re walking.”

Almost on queue, Gladius snags his foot on a root and nearly topples over. He rights himself with wounded dignity, still attempting to read the note in the process. @jayzor17

1 Like

Keya goes to the side of the path and knocks on a tree trunk.

“So longer than a few hours, knowing our luck.” Hitora says. “Got it.”

2 Likes

The creature also began to follow Erebos, walking in a somewhat brisk pace, and continued to write down the events that were transpiring.

1 Like

Dakron didn’t notice a thing. He was right at home in the darkness. He twirled his scythe, ready to defend his friends.

1 Like

“Okay.” KIva leads the way outside the door.

“We can camp out for the night, if you all are up for it,” Vohman says. “A good night’s sleep and an early start in the morning can’t hurt that much.” @Tarkur @Toa_Vladin @KAI_BORG

1 Like