Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

OOC Would Jevis know what Symphony looks like?

@Jcton IC Jevis got on a gucko and darted off toward the city of the mask makers.

@BrokenAxels Right as the two crested the last hill, the spires from the various building the capital came into view. Kryuna entered the city gates, and motioned for Hiraeth to follow. She then made her way to the town hall.

1 Like

Hiraeth nods, following. He looked at the great city, this place held…unpleasant memories for him.

2 Likes

OOC: He could’ve heard a description of him from Lady Krad.

IC: Jevis might remember a description of Symphony that Lady Krad spoke, during an enthusiastic episode. That she told him to immediately forget.

2 Likes

“After the Mask is destroyed, I think there’s time to visit your folks before having to get some sleep.” Blaze said as he tried recalling where the Golden Armor was stored.

1 Like

The Collected had been working rather quickly, near rushing in his work, yet somehow losing no, to little quality in his work despite his current… state of focus.
By this point he’d even made quite a number of things. A good handful or two… And subsequently depleted quite a portion of the materials he’d gathered following his frustrated searching.

So far it seemed to be a number of masks, small… ingots, both metal, crystal, and something seemingly between, composed of rather peculiar, if not outright unknown mixtures of materials, and small, rather useless looking, or at least hard to decipher their possible functioning, tools. Though they were… odd.

All of the items were so far composed of rather interesting mixtures of metal, both normal and those he’d made, and one could nearly swear, if such an idea wasn’t preposterous, and matching mixtures of elemental crystals/elements.

Quite a few of them also had rather, well… rather well done, if typically a tad random looking or archaic/runic designs carved into them.

4 Likes

Blaze watched out of the corner of his eye, trying to understand what was going on with Collected.

OOC: Is he using multiple Elements in the creation of any of the items?

1 Like

OOC: Maybe.~
Also, let me just assure you that (most) of this is usele… at least harmless… enough.

IC: The Collected currently seemed to be working on two masks at this point.
One cooling, a mixture of earthy brown and dark green in colour, and carrying an odd looking… texture to it.
The other being shaped, pitch black in what seemed to be the metal itself, an odd sooty or misty grey in crystal, and strangely… menacing in aura for some indefinable reason.

2 Likes

@BrokenAxels Kryuna opened the door and walked into the town hall of the merchant’s guild (OOC Similar to the great halls that the jarls hang out in in Skyrim) and approached the city leader. (OOC @jayzor17 I just came up with this guy, he’s essentially the mayor of this city, so similar to the protector but he doesn’t fight.) “Leader Irnoc,” Kryuna said addressing the city leader. Irnoc, the city leader rose from his seat, and as he did every one in the room dropped to one knee or bowed, everyone except Kryuna. Irnoc seemed a little surprised at Kryuna’s boldness, but she just kept speaking. “You enlisted the help of Dark Blade to take care of a bandit problem, well, we did.” After she finished she pulled the bandit leader’s mask out from her sachet and tossed it at his feet. “Now I would like the promised amount of 100,000 widgets.”

“Well, I’m impressed,” Irnoc began. “That was faster than I thought it would be. Here is the promised amount.” He said as one of his servants brought forth a bag of widgets and handed them to Kryuna.

Kryuna merely nodded as she turned to leave.

2 Likes

OOC: I’ll have to re-read his bio.

“I want one quarter of the payment now and I’ll bring his head in two weeks.”

“Does she know that you are here to destroy the mask?”

1 Like

That combination of colors caught Blaze’s eyes, brown and green were usually indicative of Stone and Jungle respectively. The grey one was unfamiliar to him. He tries to get closer, taking care to not distract Collected and give him a lot of space.

1 Like

Hitora and Keya sat around, resting from their journey for a bit.

1 Like

Dakron turned towards Colex and signed something to Streke.
Streke shouted out to Colex. “Hullo! My friend says you want to fix that knife?”

1 Like

Blaze begins looking for if Collected was still using the furnace, wanting to destroy the Mask of Decay sooner rather than later.

1 Like

The cooling mask looked… odd. Very odd. While it was clearly of metal make it seemed too… organic. The brown almost bark-like, and the green oddly… leafy.

The carved designs across it, ripples and whorls on the brown, the green with small branching lines, and disconnected curves, certainly didn’t help in dissuading the effect.

He could probably toss the mask in without distracting The Collected if he tried, but it did look like The Collected was running out of materials, or at least lacking enough to really make anything else. Perhaps he’d be finished, and thus probably out of his… strangely focused state once he finished the other mask.

1 Like

Bored, Hitora got up and walked over to him. “So, what’cha up to?” He asked.

Somewhere in the jungle, a strange silhouette that looked like a horned Okotan dashed through, taking seemingly random things of of branches, rocks, the ground, and really anything else he could get his hands on.

1 Like

“I’m going to try and destroy the Mask of Decay by melting it down.” Blaze answered, looking at Symphony to hand it to the young Mask Maker.

Hitora seemed…distressed by this. “But why?”

1 Like

“Wait, Hitora is here too?” Vladin asked, clearly surprised. “Is this a reunion?”

1 Like

“One: he asked me to do so.” Blaze answered patiently, “and two: it’s an extremely dangerous Mask; if someone with ill intent were to use it, the destruction would be massive.”

His gaze showed he was curious about Hitora’s distress.

1 Like

And he brought a friend!" Keya calls.

“But you’re destroying part of a culture.” Hitora responds. “Destroying that masks destroys all the rituals and history that goes with it, and all the things it brings to the world.” He turns to Symphony. “Where’d you guys find it? Was it a temple?”

1 Like