Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Oh, hi!” Vladin said, raising his hand to Keya. “I don’t think we’ve met before. Unless you was at Symphony’s wedding, but I doubt it. I am Vladin. I took part at that expedition three years ago.”

1 Like

Blaze wasn’t able to hide it, he too wasn’t happy about this action of destroying the Mask of Decay, “But, is keeping it around worth the risk of its power being used for evil?” He asked Hitora.

1 Like

Keya waves. “Keya, and I wasn’t. I was on a boat three years ago.”

Hitora looked Blaze(@BlackBeltGamer98) in the eye. “I know it’s dangerous, but so were the masks we found. But Ekimu himself wouldn’t destroy them. He kept them all hidden, and we kept…a few.” He said, realizing how many had gone missing. “But now, Makuta’s minions are gone…wait they are gone right? Either way, you’re going to be here to protect them. Why not store it away, for the sake of culture?”

3 Likes

“Oh, on a boat!” Vladin said some interest. “Are you a sailor?”

1 Like

Atlas sits down near the forge. I might as well rest for a bit.

2 Likes

She shows her interesting metallic pegleg. “Well, you could say that. Here’s a scar I got from my travels.”

1 Like

“Ouch.” Vladin said, clearly sorry for seeing the wound. “Don’t worry, it will heal at some point.”

1 Like

She laughs. “Yup, my leg’s just gonna grow back one day.” She chuckles some more. “I don’t care, anyways. Got me this cool thing.” She gestures at the pegleg. “Got something 'round here I can shoot at?” She asks. “I wanna show off.”

2 Likes

Blaze gives her a “just a moment” gesture before heading to grab a Mask of Power.

He returns wearing a Mask of Shielding, “Just give me fair warning when you fire, the barrier isn’t anywhere as effective otherwise.” He said activating the mask and projecting an energy dome around himself.

1 Like

She kicks her leg up and seems to…aim it. “Ready?”

Hitora looks at him. “Um, don’t you still have the Golden Chestplate?” He asks.

“Oh, you mean like your shield and stuff?” Keya asks.

“Yeah.”

1 Like

“I’ve run this through a few tests.” Blaze assured Hitora, “Even though it’s not to the same level of protection as the Armor, it’s still able to minimize Elemental damage if an attack gets through.”

“That and I don’t know where Ekimu put it this time.” He said a bit (I want to say embarrassed but that feels too strong a word).

Blaze focuses on the peg leg and nods to Keya, “Ready.” He said.

OOC: the main difference between masks that Ekimu and Blaze make are the effectiveness of their powers; Ekimu’s are basically as good as possible while Blaze has had a few times where they don’t work as well as they should. An example being shielding masks. Ekimu’s would operate like Kopaka Master’s ice shield done while Blaze’s works more like a normal G1 Hau.

2 Likes

She fired, and what seemed to be a shotgun spray of water elemental blasts shot out. “Shotgun pegleg!” She said afterwards, giving jazz-hands as she did.

Hitora chuckled.

The figure began crushing together some of the things he found as he sat down onto the ground, taking a mortar and pestle out of his bag.

2 Likes

The blast wasn’t entirely what Blaze expected it to be. He thought it would act more like a rifle and fire one blast per shot.

Due to this, Blaze was knocked back a bit and definitely got minimal damage from the blasts. The shield took most of the damage and the surrounding area was scratched or a little wet.

“Okay,” Blaze said as his mask turned off, “I wasn’t expecting a shotgun.” He chuckled.

1 Like

“Most don’t.” She says. “Especially not for a foot.”

1 Like

“It certainly has the element of surprise.” Blaze said as he put his normal mask back on and got back on his feet.

1 Like

The Puppeteer’s complexion immediately changes and she scowls,
“My dear…This is a criminal organization. You do not demand anything, or has your time off made you numb to its reality? You’ll be paid well for his head, but I’m not going to pay for a gamble. For I know you’ll run with the money or simply die and fail your mission. I’m sorry sweetie, but I’m not one for chances or gambling. I’ll leave it to my men to gamble.”

Symphony smiles,
“Of course she does. It’s been our big conversation for the last few months. In fact there’s more to our plan than I’ve let on…”

Andhera Geet proceeds out of the ruins. He sighs,
“Another one empty…”
He takes his sword and carves his hunter rune before proceeding in another direction looking for the next ruins.

Only several hundred feet behind him, Capella watches from the shadows, marking the ruins location on her map. She turns to follow him…

Melody was taking care of her niece. She loved watching Aiya play and would occasionally join the two-year old in play. Currently she was cooking a large dinner, for her guests.

Sonata finished her conversation with Dax. She enjoyed herself in the market streets, exploring and visiting each shop.

2 Likes

Jevis arrived at the city and went straight to the book store.

1 Like

“How so?” Blaze asked Symphony.

1 Like

@TheMOCingbird
The store had a clerk, he was a part time worker hired by Melody. Other than that Symphony couldn’t be seen. A few moments later, Sonata entered the store. She went to the store clerk and asked for the kids section, she wanted to get a good book for her daughter, Aiya. The name would be familiar, since it was the same name in the letter addressed to Symphony’s child.

“I guess it’s about time I told you guys. When I first became a bounty hunter in my early years as a child, I met the Dark Mist. The Lady of Tsim Krad was my mentor in fighting and taught me more than Dax ever did in the arts of killing a okotan. She was the one who twisted me while I was so young…and when I died she dug my body from my grave and gave it to Makuta, to experiment with. That’s how I gained my powers, they were byproducts of Makuta’s experiments…In a way I was a test for Makuta’s goal, the being we fought at the his final battle. The Puppeteer, or Lady Krad, was happy that her stumbling block was taken away. She was finally able to enact her plans. If I am correct, it was one of her men that killed Geet…The real reason I plan to destroy the Mask of Decay is so if I am ever corrupted again the mask may never be used by me. My plan is to forge two weapons from the broken mask, from its halves. These weapons are to be given to my daughter, so that if she needs to, she can protect herself and her interests with a gift of her father. I know my life is finite and I wish to give my daughter the best future I can procure. The reason I am hesitant to talk about the Dark Mist is their leader, she has a gift to get anyone to obey her way and it is an easy trap to fail to. I’m not sure if I will be able to protect myself against the strange warfare. If it was a battle of powers that I know, I could win alone, but she knows nearly everything on this island and has followers in every region. Taking her on is almost like fighting a good portion of the island and they are all trained hunters.”
Symphony sighs, tired,
“My wife, Sonata knows all that I told you and what I haven’t. She is with me on this. We’re doing what we can to give our daughter the best future in the dusk of the coming war.”

“If you are to create weapons for your daughter from the remains of the Mask of Decay, Ekimu and I both would need to work on them so as to make certain they are created properly.” Blaze said, definitely saddened by this other facet to Symphony’s plans.

However, deep in his eyes, a spark of anger ignited in his heart: the one who killed Geet was a member of this Dark Mist and they were responsible for likely many other deaths and manipulations that twisted people even beyond the grave.

That anger fed on a dormant energy that resulted from Shadowstepping three years ago, creating a desire of destruction and revenge in Blaze’s heart.

He shook his head, trying to banish those thoughts from his mind; there was no place for them.

2 Likes