Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Those present can hear someone entering the Forge.

“Hello? Blaze, is that you?” It’s Ekimu.

2 Likes

Dakron attempted to identify the voice. He signed a question at Streke, who whispered. “I dunno. We better hide.”
The two tried to find a place to hide.

3 Likes

There was a mask inside along with several other first aid items you’d find in a standard triage kit: bandages, disinfectant, swabs, minor pain relievers, etc.

2 Likes

Vladin took the mask and put it on his face. He then tried to use it to heal Blaze.

1 Like

Hitora looked towards the voice, somewhat recognizing it. Is that Ekimu? He wonders.

Keya looks towards the source. I wonder if Blaze will get in trouble…

1 Like

“Hello?” Ekimu calls again. His voice is closer this time.

@meepinater The duo might notice a door in the back corner of the room.

OOC: iirc you guys are in an inner room?

Two travelers stumble into a remote village in the Region of Ice, wrapped from mask to boot in snow-covered cloaks. One has a number of wrapped parcels on their back, the other seems to be carrying another travel pack. The fresh snow crunches beneath their feet as they make their way through the town, even as a light sprinkling of snowflakes fall from the sky. They move without a word spoken between them, wandering until they come across the tavern. It’s a variety of building they recognize from many villages before; a long, low hall, built of sturdy wood and with the flickering of a cozy fire and the murmur of friendly conversation inviting any who pass by. The two quickly make their way inside, closing the door thoroughly behind them.

The inside is one large room, filled from end to end with rows of tables. A fireplace sits opposite of the door, providing ample heat and light to the entire room from about its midpoint. A bar caps one end of the room, the wall behind it filled with barrels filled with various food and drink. One of the travelers makes their way in that direction, pulling away his hood and scarf to reveal a smooth, angular orange mask. He waves to the villager behind the bar as he approaches.

“Greetings!” he calls once he’s within a few paces. “Cold one, isn’t it?” The other traveler moves in the opposite direction, taking a seat in the corner and allowing their gear to slide to the floor next to them.

OOC: @TheMightyObsidianDude This is supposed to be Ilza’s village, so do you mind taking the bartender for me? Don’t want to be playing by myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ooc: I think so…

Streke sprints for the door, opening it and slipping behind it. Dakron tries to follow but trips and hits the ground, his armor making a loud clatter as he grunted.

3 Likes

The room beyond is small, barely a closet. Most of the space is taken up by shelves full of various materials - jars with various labels, sheets of metal, rocks. Still, there’s just enough room for the too to hide behind the door.

1 Like

Streke hissed at Dakron, who gets up and bumps into the door, eliciting a grunt, and the blind Okotoan slips behind the door.

2 Likes

The bartender idly cleans a glass, before his eyes flit up to meet those of the jolly-sounding newcomer.

“Sure is.” He smirks dryly, “And what can I get you two?”

2 Likes

The horned looking Okotan poured water into the crushed up materials, then poured it all into a glass beaker of sorts, swirling it around.

“Hello?” Hitora called out.

2 Likes

“Just a glass for me,” the traveler replies, leaning on the counter. “Anything’s fine.” He glances around, taking in the sights around him. Across the hall, his companion does the same, blue eyes skimming over people from beneath her hood.

There’s a sound of running footsteps clanking against the stone floor, and Ekimu enters the room, his hammer raised. He stops on the threshold, hammer slowly falling as he processes what’s going on.

2 Likes

“Ekimu.” Hitora says, getting up to bow and gesturing to Keya to do the same. “It’s been awhile.”

2 Likes

Streke peeks out of the closet, the edge of his sword visible. “Ekimu?” He whispered.

1 Like

“Of course,” He smiles politely, sliding over a glass of unidentified liquid because children.

He glances to his companion, “Anything for your friend?”

4 Likes

The gaurd points to the most rested gucko.
“Bring it back…”

@TheMOCingbird
Through a window he could see a young okotan around two years of age. The kitchen could barely be seen around the corner and a female okotan around the age of twenty nine was cooking a meal.

Sonata knocks on the Forge’s door. She patiently waits for a answer.

Symphony held the satchel. He was ‘lurking’ in the background, helping someone heal was not his specialty and he’d rather not be in any way.

Capella follows the being until she loses sight of him. He vanished instantly. She scanned around and found the being directly behind her. He smiled,
“Well… you’re pretty skilled to have followed me this far. Small one… I’d rather leave less trails than I need to…”

2 Likes

“Nah, she’s, uh… not thirsty?” The traveler accepts the drink with an awkward smile, taking a sip. “The name’s Jaspar, by the way.”

Ekimu’s eyes wander around the room, finally settling on the ancient warrior. “Hitora. That it has. Have you been well?”

She would find the door open, with vague murmurs of conversation emanating from within.

2 Likes

Ekimu might see a small flash as Streke sheathed his blade, still peeking out of the closet.

2 Likes

He rises. “I’d say I have. What about you?”

2 Likes

Ekimu looks back at the assorted people standing in the Forge. “Never a dull moment, it seems.”

1 Like