Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

@Jcton Jevis makes a mental note of this. This has got to be the house. Jevis thought. He decided to get a room in a nearby inn, where it’s window was facing the house. It was some what far away, but he could still get a pretty clear view.

2 Likes

“Kord,” He replies, “And what brings you here to our fine little village?”

4 Likes

Jaspar hums, enjoying the drink for a moment before swallowing. “Well, my friend and I have been travelling. About… two months here in the Ice Region, I believe? Anywho, we’re trying to do some research. Been peeking around, trying to see if there are any local scholars we could learn from.” He glances out over the hall, picking out his companion in the corner. “Anyone of that sort around here?”

2 Likes

“It’s interesting that you say that, actually, we do have a local scholar. Her name is Ilza, she lives more on the outskirts, though still not that far away from here. She prefers the quiet, I think. I can’t think of anyone better tasked for the job in the Region, though I don’t know so many scholars, they tend not to stop here of all places.” He grins a little at that last statement.

2 Likes

Jaspar chuckles along. “It’s a lovely place. Too bad it’s so hard to find.” He grins, taking another sip of his drink. “But really,” he continues, setting his glass on the counter. “Ilza, huh? Any idea what she studies?” It would be worth a chat with her regardless, but it was good to go in informed.

3 Likes

Hitora chuckles. “The more things change, the more they stay the same, huh?”

Keya just stands there, not really knowing what to do.

2 Likes

Streke stepped cautiously out of the closet. “Ekimu…” He said reverently. He bowed in apology.
Dakron walked out behind Streke and tripped over a box, falling on the floor. From his position, he signed his displeasure.

3 Likes

Ekimu’s attention is drawn to Dakron. He crosses the room, kneeling at the Okotan’s side. “Are you hurt?” he asks, voice soft and compassionate.

2 Likes

Dakron signed his response, then shook his head. He pointed to his eyes and mouth, indicating his disabilities. He stood up and nearly tripped again, but caught himself.

“He’s blind and Mute.” Streke offers. “And not used to the Forge’s layout.”

2 Likes

Ekimu nods, considering the interior of his Forge once again. “I see.” He pulls himself slowly to a standing position, looking at Blaze and Vladin.

“Now… might there be an explanation as to why the Forge is today’s gathering place of choice?”

5 Likes

“I’m not quite sure, actually.” He responds, scratching his head, “She seems to read just about anything she can get her hands on. I know that doesn’t help much.” He shrugs.

2 Likes

Jaspar hums, nodding. Maybe then. Maybe. “Well, thank you for the information. What do you have in the way of food?”

The two eat a nice meal, quite welcome after days on the road. They head out of town, following Kord’s directions until they’re at Ilza’s house. Jaspar knocks, the sound loud and clean.

2 Likes

Blaze does his best to explain what has been happening of late, including why he was injured. It was a stupid move and Blaze knows better now.

4 Likes

Oh no…

That knock could only mean one thing, and one thing only.

People. At this time of the morning. Ugh.

“Coming!” She calls airily, finishing off her fruit and quickly wiping away the juices, polishing the armour slightly. She shuffles to the door, mentally preparing herself for any worst-case idiot scenario, like asking about the noise of that creature she doesn’t know anything about, or trying to debate the actual relevance and importance of the Toa, again, or… just open the door.

And so she did.

“U-uh, yes? W-what do you need of me?” She asked quietly, looking the pair up and down briefly. They were certainly from out of town, and seemed like explorer types.

Probably about a mask…

4 Likes

“Hello,” Jaspar says, trying to keep his voice kind. “I’m Jaspar, and this is my friend Lync.” He pokes a thumb at Lync. “Would you happen to be Ilza?”

5 Likes

The Collected let out a sort of… screech, flinging himself away from the bucket… only to immediately collapsed back onto his side, and the bucket tipped over opposite his direction… yet still pooling towards him.

2 Likes

Ekimu nods. He would have to have a discussion with Blaze later. For the moment, he turns his attention to the Collected. He approaches, stopping just out of arm’s reach. “This would be the Collected, I presume?”

1 Like

“Oh, u-um, yes, though, I don’t imagine you’re here to make small-talk, are you? Ahah…” She doesn’t sound like she found that particularly funny. She sounds quite uncomfortable, actually.

4 Likes

Blaze nods, knowing full well the talk his master would give him.

2 Likes

“I tend not to be a fan of small talk,” Lync quips. Jaspar waves her off.

“Just a few questions, if you don’t mind,” he says. “We don’t bite, I promise.”

3 Likes