Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

She nods slightly at his reassurance, laughing softly as though she felt it was expected.

“U-uh, oh! Uh, c-come inside, please, no use in you standing out there in the uh, cold…” She quickly adds, stepping out of the way to allow them in.

3 Likes

The two step inside, brushing off snow before they cross the threshold.

“Leave our stuff by the door?” Lync asks over her shoulder.

2 Likes

“Y-yes, th-thanks.” She nods, walking out of the entranceway and sitting down at the table she was eating at before.

The house is fairly small, basically just holding the bare essentials and a mini study, though it seems that her true home is still elsewhere, likely the library.

“You can ask away, I-I’ll uh, try my best to answer, I imagine you’ve p-probably met better than me already, i-in your travels…”

3 Likes

IdiotFoolChildMoronThe Blaze!” The Collected screeched in irritation as he shifted himself to face the named Okotan.

ThreatenedToldTaughtWarned you not to touch it! It was evilcruelitymalicfailureunnaturaldangerous!

1 Like

Amidst all the noise and chaos, Gladius had remained irresolute by the door, determined to wait until Ekimu returned and ignore anything going on inside. Blaze was surely mature enough to handle himself or anything that went on with that chaotic individual… Right?

He almost tore himself away from his position at the top step when Blaze’s signs of pain reached his ears, but he gripped his sword tighter and bit hard upon his lip. No, he would not allow himself to be swayed. He was in the middle of again convincing himself that this was indeed the proper course, when the soft tones of Ekimu’s weathered voice appeared from within.

The slow, metallic clank of Gladius’ armour might be heard by the party in the stillness of the situation- that is, before The Collected spouted off like an angry chicken. He brought his sword up just enough to let the noise of the tip colliding with the ancient floor be enough of a ring to possibly capture the attention of the creature.

“Cease. You’ve brought about enough trouble for the day.” His commanding voice was softer now, but carried a dangerous undertone. A respectful nod was given to Ekimu, and less friendly eyes momentarily glanced at Blaze.

3 Likes

His fault! We warned him it was wrongunnaturalnot to be touchedin need of destcurctiondangerous, and yet The Blaze put it on!” The Collected hissed in reply, pushing himself with a slight struggle.

Also revealing his armour, down its runic coverings themselves, were still perfectly intact despite having been visibly raised to temperatures more than enough to melt them. His, visible flesh was, uh, less so… It, well… It looked like a mix between a well done steak, and volcanic rock.

Sections charred to a point of pure blackened flesh, cracking and falling off in chunks to reveal angry, raw, red, yet usually quite cooked instead, bleeding flesh beneath, and others rather… browned… The fact he was apparently unaffected by this was at least a touch disturbing.

There was also a mixture of the scents of boiled meat, char, and something similar to a steak in the air now that his arms were out of the (spilled) bucket of water.

2 Likes

Dakron sniffed the air and signed to Streke. “Yeah, it’s that collected guy. He, well… I think he’s got problems.”

1 Like

“My apologies.” Blaze groaned, “My curiosity got the better of me.”

1 Like

The Collected just replied with an irritated hiss, seemingly allowing himself to become distracted by the current state of his arms after.

Poking at their charred section before letting out an aggravated hiss and beginning to unflinchingly peel/scratch the sections of the char off.

1 Like

Jaspar slides his pack off and leaves it by the door, taking a seat across from Ilza. “We all know something different,” he replies with a smile. “Been reading anything interesting lately?”

Lync sets her parcels by the door, taking a bit more care than Jaspar that they make it to the ground safely. One is long and thin, like a strange, squashed triangle. The other is more generally a blob, vaguely circular with no real defining features. Both are wrapped in a water-resistant leather. Lync leans against the wall next to them.

Ekimu folds his arms, a frown creasing his face. “Blaze, lead the others outside. Gladius, if you could remain with us?” His eyes stayed focused on the Collected. Did that armor look familiar…?

6 Likes

Feeling the question was better treated as a command, Gladius slowly approached The Collected, stopping about the same distance away as Ekimu was. He nodded rather coldly to Blaze.

2 Likes

Blaze nodded and got up, leading the others outside. He still hurt but the pain was almost completely gone now.

2 Likes

The Collected looked at the two with a hiss, his eyes flashing with wary malice behind their silver mask as he took pause in the pickings of his flesh and began to tense up.

Too Ekimu the armour may have reminded him of an individual from year’s back, one of those chosen to be a part of the quest from which Blaze became… better known to Ekima.

An Okotan with a strange mask to even Ekimu, who lived a lonesome life within the infested jungles, and carried a level of disdain towards the mask maker he had yet to see from any other.

An Okotan who went missing following said quest, and if this was him, it wasn’t any longer. Or at least not in full.

2 Likes

Streke followed Blaze. Dakron hesitated, and followed, tripping again as he walked.

2 Likes

“N-not really, why?” She doesn’t seem paranoid as much as she does… awkward.

3 Likes

Hitora and Keya followed. Hitora approached Blaze once they got outside. “Hey, does that…guy…thing remind you of anyone?” He asked.

3 Likes

“Several people.” Blaze answered.

2 Likes

Streke said, “I’m surprised Ekimu didn’t flip out. A lot was going on… He’s pretty chill.”
Dakron signed his agreement.

2 Likes

“He has seen crazier things.” Blaze said, not letting on that he was expecting to get chewed out later for his lapse in judgement later.

OOC: G’night, everyone.

5 Likes

Mokuzai stopped by at a river within the city and started scrubbing at his armor to remove some of the moss.

3 Likes