Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Capella stresses,
“I don’t think you can help. I don’t think anyone can. It’s something I have to do on my own…unless…you can bring Geet’s killer to justice…may be that would bring some light into this world…but I don’t think you should either…You’re a mask maker not some warrior…”
She sighs,
“I can’t lose anyone else…you know…that would be too much for me…”

Sonata made it up the steps of the Temple of Creation. She was still full of thoughts as she entered the building.

“Strong people are strongest together.” Blaze said, “I doubt your friends could stand to lose you.”

“But Geet was my friend and I swore I would bring his murderer to justice.” He told her.

OOC: I feel like I derped on something. Yup; I mixed up Capella and Sonata.

IC: Blaze wondered if he should tell Capella he was also a warrior; granted, he was a bit rusty but a warrior nonetheless.

The guards exchange incredulous looks as they regain the ability to see one another, relieved to escape unscathed. Relief quickly turns to concern, however, and the guards spread out, watching each-others’ backs as they scout the surrounding area. They move inwards first, checking to make sure that whatever shadowy force assailed them isn’t attacking the city. When they fail to find panicked citizens and chaos, they turn their attention in the other direction, sweeping the bridge and a small part of the surrounding forest. By then, however, Erebos is likely long gone.

“I shall take that as a yes.” Ekimu turns and leaves, only to realize that Erebos is no longer embedded in the wall.

Ekimu almost runs into the Okotan as she enters the building, exiting with his hammer in hand.

1 Like

Ilza complies, though she starts to get a dull sense of dread at the idea of what might be happening.

3 Likes

Capella smiles,
“Thanks, I really needed that…”

Dax smiles.

@jayzor17
Sonata perks up,
“Sorry for being in your way, Ekimu.”
She slightly lowers her head in respect.

Erebos was gone, well assuming no one could see a dark haze in a dark forest. He ran, he needed to find the holder of the chain, the one who spoke with Makuta and reawakened him.

Melody knocks several times on the door, eventually giving up, when she found no one there. She went to the market streets, where she thinks they might be.

2 Likes

“I’ll need to ask Ekimu for his permission to begin that search and join you.” He said, “I’ve stood aside for too long and with the events that have happened of late, it may do me some good to explore the island to learn what I can.”

1 Like

Capella replies,
“If you wish to help, I won’t stop you.”
She smiles,
“Of course I’ll defeat him first!”

Dax pops in,
“So, kids, we’re going to search for his killer and bring him to justice, count this old okotan in!”

“The more the merrier.” Blaze said, he looks around for any sign of Rena. (@Toa_Vladin)

Dax chuckles,
“I agrees.”

Capella smiles,
“Yeah…”
She relaxes her shoulders a bit more, since she came in.

1 Like

Kryuna continued her journey, nearing the mountain range separating the region of ice from all other regions.

———

Jarvis sat in his home. He could afford a far nicer one, but he likes to stay low profile. Now he wouldn’t have to worry about money for a while, meaning he could start his search.

2 Likes

“Rena?” Blaze called, worried for his friend’s safety.

(@Toa_Vladin)

Xol Vulen, a miner from Crater Village, took off from his home. He grabbed his pack and and filled it with a few supplies, afterwards he took his pickaxe and fled for the Stone Capital, he would need a gukko to travel to the City of Mask Makers. His parents told him otherwise, but he needed to learn his family’s history and what happened to his aunt and uncle in that city. He needed to know why they left, with his cousin so young. He passed the village border and ran into the wilderness to the Stone Capital.

Symphony walked around the Ice Capital, trying to figure out what happened. He felt as if he was forgetting something…

Lady Krad returned to a small room under an a bridge in the stone labyrinth. She unlocked the door and entered, inside was a bed and a rack of gear, it was her room hidden away in this cage.

The six Dark Mist warriors travel out of Tsim Krad and venture out of the deep valley, through all the twisting caves.

Erebos ran up the the mountain, trying to reach the center of the island. His plan was to find a region next and head to it, to learn more about this chain bearer.

Melody walks through the market streets, Dax was at his fruit cart, in fact his part-time helper was running it. She ponders where they could be and guesses in her mind that they might be in the Forge.

As soon as the rock began to lose it speed and momentum Azure jumped of dashing through the snow like Naruto heading for the nearest village. Upon arrival she scoured it for a gucko platform. She eventually found one in the neighboring town a few kilometers north. Once at the gucko platform she jumped on a Gucko taking her to the Mask makers city.

Tarkur began his travels back to the earth region with his gucko. He was a bit disappointed by the fact that his lead didn’t exactly lead anywhere but he had at least seen that the island was indeed in danger something he definitely would report once he meet Era and Athena again.

Reige was slowly regaining his strength traveling the island consuming negative emotions his last battle had really gotten him out of shape.

Xol continues his journey in the hot bright desert. He ran as far as he could before falling down in exhaustion. He landed in the coarse sand and pushed himself upwards and stood up, falling to his knees again. Xol reluctantly decides to take a break.

The Lord of the Skies opened his wooden eyes and glanced around.

Dawn had broke through the old ruin where he was sleeping. In his sleep he had grown back to his full stature once more. His voice rattled with laughter; once again he was free, free to rule over Okoto’s region of Jungle as he saw fit and grace the Matoran with his presence. The fools.

…Except it had evidently been hundreds of years. The ruin he called his home had once been pristine and majestic, and the level of disrepair suggested hundreds, maybe thousands of years had passed, just at a guess. it could easily be far longer. No doubt nobody would remember who he was… Except perhaps Ekimu, who unbeknownst to him had recognized his brother, the Lord of the Core, in a heartbeat.

Crawling through the massive opening in the ceiling, the Lord of the Skies opened his form and grew and stretched until he had crafted a pair of wings again. With a thunderous series of flaps the giant pile of plants had ascended into the air, determined to see what had become of the world since he was gone.

2 Likes

“let’s not waste any time, then.”

1 Like

@Axels Soon the two reached the edge of the mountain range. Out before sprawled the desert of the region of stone. They would have to cross straight through it if they wanted to get to the region of earth. She looked out across the desert, muttering something about how much she hated the region of stone. “We should move as fast as possible, I don’t want to spend any more time here than I have to.”

2 Likes

Xol rested against a large stone. He was somewhere between Crater Village and the Stone Capital. He had no idea exactly where he was, but he knew which direction to go in. Xol chugged a bit of his water, before putting it back into his pack. He grabs his map and checks his compass. He checks the direction once more, before setting off for the Stone Capital.

The six Dark Mist Warriors start climbing the mountains in between the earth region and the stone region.

“Understandable. Let’s be fast, then.” Hiraeth hated heat, and besides the region of fire, this was the second hottest region, so her hatred was more than shared.

2 Likes

The spiders move fast, and Ilza would find that she can move a bit faster than usual. Or she might not; her sense of… sense is fading.

Perhaps she has a point; Kryuna and Hiraeth might be able to hear a familiar skittering in the rocks to their left. (@Axels)

Skull Spiders skitter away from the strange flying being, taking refuge until the strangeness has passed. The Lord would find the Jungle a far different place that he remembered. Once glorious forts and temples had fallen to ruin, replaced by quiet villages nestled in the wood.

“Think not of it.” Ekimu quickly places a reassuring hand on her shoulder as he steps past her, looking out over the city. “Did you see anything strange as you approached?”

4 Likes