Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Hiraeth looks reached around on his back, digging his fingers into the skull spiders eye sockets, and attempted to throw it off. Whether it worked or not, he immediately went to grab his axe after seeing the stranger run in.

2 Likes

Ilin swooped down towards Ilza, really just do distract her, never actually coming in close enough to be hit. [quote=“TheMightyObsidianDude, post:1798, topic:47931, full:true”]
Ilza hops away again, hissing in annoyance.
[/quote]

“What are you doing!?” Kryuna shouts, slightly confused as to why a fellow Okoatan would act so strangely. She firmly gripped her sword with one hand, and made so swift slashing movements, only to intimidate Ilza while she tried again to claw the spider off of her shoulder.

1 Like

The Skies stared at Ekimu with undisguised shock. Then he reeled back and let out a loud string of high-pitched snorts, giggles, and laughs.

“Oh, that blundering fool!” He said, wiping an imaginary tear from one of his eyes. "I would die to see the look on his face! he, pride of the frigid north, trapped in a mortal’s cell! oh, you’ve just made my day, whoever-you-are."He said to Ekimu, a jovial tone springing into his voice.

He seemed to be oblivious of Ekimu’s icy stare as he continued. “I’ll let you in on a little info: he and I are brothers. Well not really, but… You know. Anyways, he managed to convince all of us - I have multiple ‘kin’ - to…”

His face grew apprehensive. “Well, we um… They ravaged Okoto and slaughtered millions before finally being bested. He was the only one to escape punishment. Take my advice and work him like a dog. He deserves it.”

Gladius approached the city gates and was immediately allowed access. “Glad to see you here, wanderer. There’s a fellow touched down in the market.”

“I saw.” Gladius responded to the figure atop the city’s gates. “Has anything been done to stop him?”

“Well, Ekimu went there, and that’s all I know.” He responded. “I can’t see anything else from here.”

Gladius nodded, and slowly started making his way there. If the Lord of the Storm was any indication, the matter was in safe hands.

1 Like

Sonata nods, heading out,
"Right this way!’

1 Like

He might see Hitora and Keya run past him, towards where the strange creature had been floating above the city.

Vra’axinni kept waiting, tense.

1 Like

Ilza simply hisses once more, looking for another opening to strike.

Azure was still at Ekimu’s side waiting for an all clear to attack the newly arrived lord.

The bartender rolls his eyes. “We don’t give refunds for telling you what you already know.” He steps back and serves Jevis a drink before going back to his normal duties. His work is interspersed with whispered conversations with the various servers whenever they approach him, exchanging a few short sentences before they both go back to what they were doing.

She manages to tear the spider free this time, and it squirms and claws at her hand. Meanwhile the other three she had knocked away are hovering at the edge of her reach, darting this way and that as she talks to Ilza.

The spider convulses as one of his fingers successfully jabs its eye, releasing his armor and falling onto the nearby rocks with a dull thud. The spider on his shoulder inches closer to his neck. The blue spider leaps towards him, while the silver one remains suspiciously still.

The assembled guards follow, with a pair breaking off every few blocks to attend to the city at large.

“I will treat him as I see fit,” Ekimu says. "In the interim, what are we to make of you?

There’s a pause. “Who’s there?”

1 Like

“Vra’axinni.” He responds, peeking his head out of the bush in an attempt to see whoever it was, still on guard. “The Witch Doctor.”

1 Like

He finds a pair of young jungle villagers, scrambling backwards and doing their best to point spears in his direction.

“W-w-witch Doctor?” one, the smaller of the two, manages to squeak.

“Well,” The Skies mused, one hand propped proudly on his chest, ready to relay an obviously prepared speech of his greatness. “I am the Lord of the Sk- Wait…”

Something just occurred to him. “You said my brother was locked away, in a cell.” He looked hard at the hammer Ekimu wielded. A blunt instrument, but an obviously powerful one. “Am I to assume you are… Well more plainly, did you bludgeon him enough to force him into a tiny cramped space?” He gestured with his hands in the form of a very tiny square.

2 Likes

Vra’axinni sighed. He had hoped they were more survivors of his tribe, but they seemed not to be. “Yes. I helped heal the people of my tribe, defend them, and help them commune with their ancestors. However, they…well, I’m the only one left. I mean no harm.” He stepped out all the way, revealing his whole body, skeletal arm and non-proportional arm in full view.

Hitora ran up towards where the Lord of the Sky was, but slowed to a halt once he saw that Ekimu was just talking to him. Keya stopped with him.

1 Like

Ekimu takes not of Hitora and Keya’s entrance.

“Your brother is still the same size you left him, and if he isn’t it is no fault of mine. Any further questions?”

@Runa The villagers don’t put down their spears, but they stop backing away. “O-okay,” the little one says, his voice a bit less shrill.

“What are you doing out here?” the other asks, his voice soft.

“Looking for the tyrant who has taken my home and people away from me.” He responds. “Against the will of my ancestors, who wanted me to wait for help when it would not come.”

1 Like

The two exchanged a confused look. “Does that have to do with Vizuna?” the smaller one asks.

“…I don’t believe so?” He says, not really recognizing the name.

1 Like

Kryuna throws the spider as far as she could. It probably wouldn’t be enough to kill it, but should be enough to keep it out of the fight. She was now able to hold her great sword with two hands, and readied herself for what might come next. She briefly glanced back at Hiraeth, just to make sure he was still standing.

Jevis approaches him again. “Then tell me about a bounty hunter named Pheore.” He said, his hand resting on the handle of one of his katanas.

1 Like

The bartender glares at him. “See, this is why you need to be specific. Now if you could just relax, I can do my job, okay?”

As she glances away the three spiders strike, one leaping from head on and another from either side. The one to her left aims for a leg, to her right for her shoulder, and the direct assault is aimed at her mask.

The little one’s expression falls.

“Who are you talking about, then?” the other asks.

Luckily, her reaction time is still good, and she is able to swing while the spiders are still mid air, but her swing would probably only be able to reach the one on her right and the center one.

@jayzor17 Jevis took his hand off his sword, and took a drink, waiting for the bar tenders answer.

1 Like

The Skies squinted. That didn’t really answer his question. The Lord of the Undying Storm was no wimp; it probably took the entire city to hold him down. Was this Okotan trying to imply he managed to do it all by himself?

“…So, how many hundreds of people did it take?” The Skies said, casually. It was a little too obvious he was prying for info. “I’m guessing maybe six hundred, plus a few days to-”

The Skies saw Hitora halt his sudden approach, not noticing him before. “Oh, hello. Are you…” He eyed the golden armour. “…You’re not his son are you? You do look remarkably different…”

3 Likes