Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

OOC: So everybody in the city is fighting the Skull Spiders?
IC: Ghabix read it.
“What?”

“Yeah I didn’t fully understand it either.” Hipa notes as he starts to poke at some dead spiders in the room, the doll disappeared.

Azure’s progress to the city was now 75%

“No really!” The Storm said, raising one hand before teleporting directly behind him, the axe now in his hand. He brought it down towards Hitora, the only indication that he was there being the clank of his armour as he raised his axe, and the fact that the temperature dropped by five degrees the moment he teleported behind him.

Expecting some kind of statement, Gladius waited for Blaze to say something, and turning around was very surprised that Blaze had actually stepped back.

His eyes darted about as he tried desperately to think of a metaphor. “Um, uh… Blaze, you ever tried to talk down a Skull Spider?”

Hitora whipped around, shield at the ready, barely blocking it as it sent him stumbling backwards.

“Well, no.” He said, “the little guys usually attack first and don’t seem to be much for conversation.”

Echo had trailed him,still fending off all skull spiders he could.

Azure had made it to the MM city gate, she continued sprinting through the city dust clouds was left behind, Okotans nearby gave away small coughs.

She headed towards the abandoned district hearing the chaos from that part of town

“So, you’re certain this is the correct route?” Tekan growled towards Karx as he slashed through a troublesome patch of vines.

“Of course! There’s no way I could be wrong! Not with this many aligning similarities. Really, I’m amazed it took me so long to notice. Guess I have fallen behind in my rumor, and tale sorting… I’ll have to fix that later.” Karx said in a shameful tone, looking away from the journal he was looking through with intense scrutiny to rub the back of his head.
“Either way, multiple reports agree that some wall of ever-burning fire or similar has been spotted out here. That matches up exactly with what has nigh-universally been agreed to be the Cult of The Flaming Blades defense!”

“I don’t have one.” Ekimu said.

Nahgor’s body was later found slumped against a wall his eyes lacking a light but his face pleasantly smiling seemingly finding comfort in his last moments despite the chaos around the city.
OOC: thanks for the great game

5 Likes

Kavix, Sevik, and Stranger were on the rooftops.

Kryuin went to back up Echo in the fight.

Echo slammed his ax into another skull spider for god knows how many times. One jumps on him, seemingly trying to latch onto his face, or at least attack it. Echo grabs its leg with a free hand, but can’t do anything. He drops his ax and pushes wraps his hands around one of its legs. He pushes with one hand and pulls with the other in an outwards manner, and the spiders leg came off with a sickening crunch. It reeled in pain and hopped off, trying to scuttle away, but Echo stomped on it before it could. Multiple scratch marks were on his mask at this point. He hurriedly picked up his ax again.

“How many of them are there?” he heaved.

“I don’t know.” Kryuin said through ragged breathing.

Gladius groaned.

“Forget I said anything.” He said, turning away. Noticing Skyll, He looked back towards Blaze and pointed towards her.

“She’s probably the one you want.”

The Storm grumbled under his icy breath as it was very obvious that Hitora was not two slabs of frozen meat yet. “Face it, kid. You really shouldn’t have run away from your mother so late in the day. Now who’s only going to get cold broth for dinner?”

Hitora gave a sharp exhale. “I guess I do look pretty young for my age, but I’d hardly call myself a kid.” He says, holding his ground.

Skyll looked around for an enemy who wasn’t occupied. “This looks fun. I want to join in.” She says.

Rach leaped at Sevik again.

“Oh dear me, I completely forgot the anti-aging cream you’re wearing.”

He swung his axe up into the air and then down towards Hitora again. “Let’s see if I can’t add a few years to your looks!”

Hitora rolled to the side. “Jealous? Sorry, don’t have any of the anti-aging cream left for your ugly mug.” He says as a mean jab at him. He waits for a good opening.

“We need that Chain.” Makuta said to his generals. “But right now, it’s difficult to get my influence inside the city. We need a man on the inside.” He continues. “But who can we get?” He ponders.

1 Like

“Jealous of a shrimp like you?”

The Lord of the Storm took two steps back and laughed. “You’re pretty good on your feet. But how well do you do with an attack from… Above!

Jutting one hand into the air, the Storm fired ice and frost somewhere above Hitora’s head.

Hitora looks up and backpedals. He gets mostly out, but his metal boot clad leg gets hit. He grunts. “Well yeah. I mean, I don’t need fancy magic tricks like yours to win a fight. Just some normal weapons and a good punch.” He taunts. “I could prove it right now.”