Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

Gladius gripped his sword tightly. “With a name like that, it’s a wonder he wouldn’t.” He said to Blaze. “I just hope he hasn’t gotten his hands on the dimensional chain by now-”

He let the beginning of a groan escape. “That’s the chain’ isn’t it?”

Bramble crept along the ground behind the party as he notched an arrow. He drew it back, his shaking vanishing as he breathed smoothly, passing the arrowhead over the heads of his opponents in the distance.

The Lord of the Core stared down the forces of Makuta. “You were pests before, but now I have little remorse for erasing your species.” His eyes blazed brighter and brighter as he studied them as best he could.

1 Like

Brass and Leafe are close behind him. Melody, Dax, and Capella follow behind them.

Kavix, Sevik, and Stranger draw their weapons.

The merchant pulls the Jungle okotan aside for a few quick words.

Blaze thought for a moment, “For once, I feel like we actually should go in guns blazing.” He muttered.

Sevik gawks at Kavix, not sure he could believe what he’d just heard.

“Hard to believe, huh?” Kavix guesses, his voice shaking. Sevik was the first person he’d told his secret to in seven years. "But something tells me you’re keeping a few secrets of your own.’

The staff starts rising into the air.

Hitora activates his gauntlets, rage rising.

1 Like

“Anyone opposed to just rushing in?” Blaze whispers to the group.

Dax chuckles,
“I think gauntlet guy already is…”
Dax runs out sword and shield drawn.
Brass sprints into the crater, unsheathing a sides-word. his cloak falls back, revealing Symphony’s mask, except he looks less undead, maybe not at all undead. Leafe sprints behind him, her cloak falls off, revealing the mask of decay. Melody and Capella immediately recognize the two as Symphony and Sonata , their supposed “dead” friends (and family). Melody runs past Blaze,
“I’m charging in”
Capella runs ahead, faster than Melody.

Blaze ran to follow them, sword and shield ready.

Capella stops suddenly (in range with her rifle) and unloads a few rounds at the minions, such as Skyll and the others.

Symphony and Sonata stay close by, getting closer to their enemies. they run under Capella’s cover fire. Symphony grins, rematch time.

Dax sticks in a group with Melody and Blaze (@BlackBeltGamer98). He decides not to stray to far from them.

“Go for the Staff!” Blaze yells, “I’m going to see if I can forge a temporary truce.”

Let’s hope she believes the philosophy of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”. he thought.

He looks at Skyll, and begins walking towards her, weapons stowed away. If they were going to fight Makuta and his forces, they needed more than their ragtag team.

(@Runa)

She and her forces started walking forward. “Out of my way, runt! I have a score to settle.” She says to Blaze.

the staff starts to glow, as a figure starts to form out of it.

Skull Slicer sees the team approaching. “Problem.” He says calmly. “We have a problem!” He then exclaims.

1 Like

Gladius raised his hand, but Blaze took off before he could say anything. Well, you can have fun if you want, but no dying on my watch. He raced after him as fast as he could go.

Seeing Blaze approach Skyll, he casually held his sword at his side in the most non-menacing manner he could. “Hey! How’s your shoulder doin’?” He said, eyeing her shoulder.

“Better than your friend’s skull.” She says coldly as she marches past.

“As do we.” Blaze said. “We share a common enemy, your majesty.”

He stepped aside, allowing her army to pass unhindered, “I just want to offer a temporary truce, to join our combined forces, to stop Makuta and his minions.” He offers.

“Just don’t get in my way.” She growls.

The mask seems to come out of the staff onto the area of the figure’s face, as the staff itself goes into the left hand and the Dimensional Chain stays wrapped around the torso like a sash. “Yes…” The white glowing form lets out.

“You have my word, Mighty Queen and mother of all Skull Spiders, but I ask, in return, you not kill any Okotans, Umarak included, but you may kill all but Kulta and Makuta, who you shall leave to us.” Blaze said with a polite bow, trying to keep his emotions in check.

OOC: is there a war hammer Blaze could pick up?

“Makuta is mine.” She growls. “I need to…‘talk’ to him.”

OOC: Probably not.
EDIT: Realized I used slang others might not understand.

2 Likes

(@Runa)

“As do I.” Blaze told her, “It’s a family matter of sorts I want to settle in my master’s stead.”

“Perhaps we can work together in our ‘chat’ with him?” He suggests, keeping a respectful distance from her as he followed.

OOC: perhaps he could get Makuta’s or a replica of that hammer.

1 Like

Capella unloads a few bullets at Skull Slicer and the other skellies.

Symphony closes in his shadow cloak was now accurate for about ten feet from his target. He picks Sonata up and they disappear, appearing around ten feet from the skeleton baddies.

Dax and Melody move forwards ready for battle.

1 Like