Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

Kryuna stops. She had changed her mind. Dashing back to the battle, she drew her cross bow and readied it, adrenaline pumping.

He might see two spindly arms come between Makuta’s body and the Chain, violently ripping outwards, breaking the chain and taking it with them.

Blaze attacks the arms with his sword.

Kavix and Sevik are thrown back. They pull out their bows and fire upon the joints of the mech’s arms.

1 Like

Jaspar looks at the mech, standing flat-footed with his sword in front of him. Not that the sword was going to do much.

They pulled away. “Touch me and I kill you!” Skyll yelled.

The broken chain let out a loud screech, and all of Makuta’s minions turned to watch, stopping their fighting. Makuta himself stood still, physical form starting to waver, as Manopae started to be pulled towards and into him.

Stranger continues his attacks, raising his right arm to unleash a flashbang.

Jaspar’s attention is turned from the mech, and he tries to tell what’s happening from afar.

Lync, meanwhile, takes the opportunity to get even closer, weaving through the frozen combatants until she can see Makuta, Skyll, and Blaze clearly.

“No you don’t!” Blaze yelled as he moved to slash Manopae, hoping that it would result in a lethal hit, and then looks at Skyll, “Relinquish the relic, and this will be easier on you.” He requested.

OOC: the Dimensional Chain is broken in two right now.

IC: Makuta starts to turn entirely black, like a shadow, starting from his feet. “This isn’t the last of me.” He growls, before telling one final command. “Forces! Retreat!” He disappears back to whence he came, leaving only the Mask of Control and his retreating forces behind him.

Skyll laughs. She sees the Staff of Masks on the ground and discretely picks it up, hiding it between her folded up arms beneath her cape.

“Did we just win?” Kavix wonders aloud, panting.

Lync shoots a glare at Skyll, and jogs forward to scoop up the Mask of Control - assuming it doesn’t burn her, or something.

Blaze faces off against Skyll, “Skyll, Mother and Queen of the Skull Spiders,” he said with a clear voice, “I hereby place you under arrest for your attack on the Mask Makers’ City and for the murder of Kryuin.” He recited her rights.

OOC: This is loud enough for Kryuna to hear.

“Blaze,” Lync pants. “Shut up for a couple seconds, will ya?”

“For now,” Jaspar says.

Kryuna cursed under her breath as she watched Makuta be taken away. She turned to go, one last time. She had no idea what to do aside form returning back to her home.

1 Like

Kavix sighs.

“I guess I’ll take it,” he concedes.

She turns and walks away. “My people! Return home, where you’ll be rewarded for victory with a banquet!” She seems to ignore Blaze.

The Mask of Control sits there. It seems safe to pick up, assuming Lync does.

1 Like

Jaspar chuckles. “Might as well. Rest up to win another day.” And maybe learn to use this sword, he muses, letting the weapon touch the ground.

She does, cradling it in one arm and tucking the handle of her bow under the other in a way that still allows her to fire.

Blaze growls and begins to follow Skyll, “That was not a request, Your Highness.” He told her. His blood began to boil with the pent up anger and hatred of the past while, he was trying his best to maintain composure.

“Surrender and I will put in a good word for your actions in this battle.” He promised.

“Keep telling her that,” Lync quips. “Maybe she’ll give you the benefit of a witty comeback.”

1 Like