Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

Kavix, also relieved that Pheore was well on the mend, follows.

Stranger begins to clumsily jog after Lync.

2 Likes

Tangi jogs after her.

Hitora almost jumps up, then follows behind everyone.

2 Likes

Blaze remained silent, afraid of angering Gladius. He decided to try to subtly examine, via observation and no movement save his eyes, any exposed real armor on him to see if Gladius truly was Ice or Light Element. (@Ghidora131)

1 Like

Stranger continues to jog.

Kavix takes note of Hitora’s actions.

After a few moments, Lync takes a sudden right - directly into a tree. She scrambles up the trunk, shedding bark below her until she wraps her hands around a sturdy branch. It wobbles a bit as she puts her weight upon it, but shows no danger of breaking. The Jungle villager can’t help but allow a small smile - she had missed trees. The moment is over quickly, and she jumps, scattering leaves as she passes into the next tree. By now she’s a bit behind the group, but catching up quickly.

The hospital staff-member leads the small group through clean, busy halls, chattering the whole way.

“…moved her out of the emergency wing as soon as they identified her injuries. She might have to be moved back, though; nobody can figure out why her cuts are still blue. They’ve changed her bandages three or four times in as many hours.” The villager stops, bringing the group to a halt in front of a closed door. “Just call if you need anything.” He opens the door, revealing a grumpy-looking Pheore before leaving.

“Oh,” she grumbles. “It’s you guys.”

2 Likes

Kavix gives a short wave.

“That looks like fun,” Stranger notes.

“You seem disappointed.” Hitora says jokingly. “Were you hoping for someone else?”

Tangi seems focused on the city, not noticing Lync falling behind.

1 Like

Stranger continues to follow Tangi.

Pheore acknowledges Kavix’s wave with a short nod. “I wasn’t expecting anybody. I’m not exactly the kind of person that gets visits.” She sits up, wincing at the movement. “Uh, you can come in, you know.”

Lync is now running parallel, if above, the others. They were keeping a good pace; maybe they could reach the city even earlier than she had hoped.

2 Likes

Kavix steps in and stands close to the wall.

He walks in and sits in a chair, pulling it a little away from the wall. “Feelin’ alright?” Hitora asks.

“I just fought a Toa, got thrown across the island, and almost drowned.” She smiles. “All things considered, I feel fine.” She winces a bit. “Sore, but fine.”

“Thank you, by the way,” Jaspar says as he steps into the room, closing the door behind him and the others. “I know you didn’t even want to be there, but you probably saved our lives.”

“Yeah, well what else was I supposed to do? Let you walk in there without me? Stand around while Kulta ripped your face off?” Jaspar clenches his fists in an attempt to keep them from shaking. “I hate to say it, but I think you guys are stuck with me.”

1 Like

Kavix holds in his witty, albeit friendly reply. It probably wouldn’t be appreciated by Pheore, who didn’t know him very well. Or at all, really.

1 Like

“Oh darn.” Hitora replied in jest. “Also, thanks for saving my hide back there too.” He adds. “I owe ya.”

2 Likes

“We all do,” Jaspar adds, but Pheore waves them off.

“Look, can we talk about something else? The positivity might do me in,” she jokes.

“Well, uh, we have a week off,” Jaspar says, sitting down. His knee bounces idly. “Any plans for that?”

“Not staying here,” she mutters.

3 Likes

Kavix chuckles a little, appreciating a good retort such as that.

1 Like

“Fair enough.” Hitora said. “They might fin-” He cut himself off. “Uh, might give you some crazy painkiller. Hopefully they’d be better than the ones from my time, though.” He adds. “Those ones gave people crazy dreams. Dark creatures, unfamiliar voices, all sorts of nightmares.” He says, hoping to divert from his near screw-up.

3 Likes

Nice save, Kavix thinks.

A fire okotan stands at the bridge to the City of Mask Makers. Rye is his name and phase 1 of his great plan begins now! He walks confidently to the city, across the bridge.

1 Like

OOC: I didn’t realize Hitora was in on this…

IC: Pheore gives Hitora a funny looks. “I guess painkillers haven’t changed, then.” Jaspar looks back and forth between them.

“…did I miss a joke?”

2 Likes