Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

Hipa heard that they changed topic and walked away. “That was Ekimu, wasn’t it?” He says to himself glancing back at the group, “I wouldn’t be surprised that the people gathered around him worked with him.” He mutters, I should have totally ask him for a job. he thinks to himself

1 Like

Echo, qho had been wandering near the market because he himself wanted some new axes, notices Kryuin. Man. That sword looks like trash…

He pauses.

i’ll get him a better one.

3 Likes

Azure decides to leave Echo, " See ya around in a week" she tells him before leaving.

1 Like

Gladius sighed, then with a slight bow to Ekimu with a manner of “That’s basically it”, Gladius turned on his heel and walked off, beckoning for Blaze to follow.

When they were a ways off, Gladius spoke under his breath to Blaze, “We need to talk.”

The Lord of the Core looked confused. He was unsure of what else to do. “I understand the Matoran are terrified of my presence, but I cannot let myself depart from my role as guardian of the Matoran people. Not again.

1 Like

Blaze, somewhat reluctantly, follows quietly.

He looks at Gladius, expecting this ‘talk’ to go like the one with The Core at the beach.

(@Ghidora131)

Gladius slows in his walk, eventually stopping altogether. He sighs deeply, then slowly pulls off his mask and looks at the inside for a few moments.

“I was lashed for failure,” He spoke as softly as he could, but it still sounded like sandpaper. “I bested all the men in my village, and eventually the best fighters in Okoto. With no one left to challenge in Okoto, I tried myself against the elements themselves. Day after day, the deep cuts of the lash burned against the snow. For months out of the many, many years I was on the brink of death, but I never showed it.”

He placed his mask back on and turned to look right into Blaze’s eyes. "You’re not a fighter, Blaze. Not yet. From what I saw in the arena, you’re not nearly ready enough to be a fighter, much less a warrior. "

His voice, while retaining the little softness it had then, grew incredibly strong. “Strength doesn’t come from blades or bullets - It comes from who you are, not what you wield. Only cowards surround themselves with a hundred knives, knowing full well that they stand no chance against a real warrior.”

“The entire city has no clue that Ekimu has put you under my guidance.” Gladius swiftly changed the subject, his normal tone returning instantly. “As much as I would like to give you that freedom, I can’t let you out of my sight for the whole week. At the same time, I haven’t seen Okoto since my early childhood, so with some restrictions, you may go anywhere you wish.”

2 Likes

Capella stays in the background, watching the events.

Blaze nods that he understood but his eyes told Gladius two things: that he wanted to know what the restrictions are and that he wanted to talk about Elemental alignment but didn’t want to say anything for fear of angering the old man.

(@Ghidora131)

1 Like

Sevik had cloaked himself in shadow and was eavesdropping on Blaze and Gladius.

This is certainly an interesting conversation, he thinks as he listens from the shadows of a nearby alley.

2 Likes

Echo gives his goodbyes and goes to shopping. He tries looking for something sturdy. Echo browses through the weapons, picking a white sword with a comfy grip and sturdy handle. It wasn’t very cheap, but Echo had some spending money.

Now where is that boyo at? (@TheMOCingbird)

4 Likes

If he happened to look near the forge, he would find Kryuin with Athena there.

OOC: I see what you did there.

IC: Pheore snorts. “You’d need help walking out the door, especially once… I’m… done with you.” She shakes her head.

“You alright?” Jaspar asks, concern evident in his voice.

“Yeah,” she says, though it’s more yawn than word. She tries to wave him off. “Really, I… I’m fine, I’m fine!” Jaspar just chuckles.

“Don’t worry, we’ll let you nap.” He winks and opens the door.

2 Likes

“Time to leave?” Kavix guesses.

3 Likes

Echo glances towards the forge and totally not for plot convenience/s

He begins walking over, carrying the sword.

2 Likes

Athena waved back.

Meanwhile, Arion was somewhere in the mountains between the regions.

Echo waves to her and whistles, trying to get Kryuins attention for a second.

Arion entered in the border mountains of the Reagion of Jungle.

Hipa walks down the streets of the city he was currently out to find a job but right now a well made dinner would be just be fine. He dreams away and doesn’t look where he’s going and walks right into Azure. Because of the fact that Azure was both taller and sturdier than him it was only him that had
fallen on the ground.

“I’m sorry for that.” Hipa says before looking up to see Azure. She had quite a serious look on her face. “No problem, little one.” She says.

Hipa stands back up and brushes of some sand and dust from himself. “Don’t call me that, I have a name.” He muttered back. “Okay then what is it?” Azure ask him. Hipa was a bit surprised that she had heard him. “Hipa, my names Hipa.” He says.

Kryuin looks at echo and begins walking toward him.

OOC I won’t be around today, sorry.

Athena followed him.

Arion could now see the City.