Okotan Adventures

Makuta.” The Core’s voice grew serious.

The youth responsible for imprisoning my treacherous brother. Be glad you were not there on that terrible day that my brother turned me against my people, Hitora…” He said.

My brother of Ice and the undying Storm thought it wise to convince me an my siblings to attack the ancients who insisted we hold back our power. My sister of the sea put up a valiant fight, as she did the most damage to the island, but she was defeated and her mask removed. I must have killed hundreds, maybe thousands, of my own people thanks to that little fool. That was no more than ten years after you vanished.

The ancients drove me back up the volcano, through the ruins,” He motioned to his shoulders with his head and eyes. “Where I collected the remnants of the once great cities that had been there. They drove me into the volcano, and I sank, waiting for the volcano to build up enough pressure to launch me to the top.

He heard someone shout ‘hello, giant person’ and scanned the area with his eyes to find someone on the riverbed waving to him. This was a bit more of what he was used to - enthusiastic youth traveling up the volcano and waving to him only to be scolded by their elders. As a rite of passage, it provided him with limitless entertainment.

Come.

2 Likes

Symphony laughs,
“May I bring my friends?”
He points to Sonata and Melody.
Sonata whispers,
“I’m not your friend.”
Symphony chuckles at what she says.

1 Like

“Unfortunately, my lord, Makuta is no longer who you remember him to be.” Blaze recounts the tale of Makuta’s fall and to becoming the villain he presently is. “He is the one who commands the forces that seek to bring destruction and captivity to this island and its people.” Blaze had also mentioned the Souless and the Shadow Horde of Beasts that were at Makuta’s command along with the deceived Toa of Space and Time, whose powers he had explained well.

Blaze felt there was sadness in the Core’s voice when the Lady of the Sea was mentioned. “Is she well? Is there any way I can help you?” Blaze asks.

1 Like

Beckoning for the group to come with his free hand, The Core slowly set Hitora down as he listened to Blaze’s recount of the tale from long ago. His expression remained unchanged, although his demeanor grew sadder and sadder.

So, Makuta fell from the light as well.” He sighed bitterly. “Truly none of us are infallable. But if I, with my grievous sin against Okoto, can find redemption in the hearts of my own people, I will be willing to accept the redemption of Makuta if - when he is willing to change.

There is nothing to do for her.” He sighed again. “She has been sealed away, as was my brother, and most of my other siblings.

Symphony, Melody, and Sonata step onto his hand.

Hitora looked back down. “Oh my Mata Nui…” he whispered.

OOC: I do have one technicality, unfortunately, that would ruin this otherwise awesomely emotional moment.

And the average Okotan lifespan is about 150 years in this RP, so taking some overlapped lifespans into account, that’s about a 37,500 year gap(note, very very rough estimate)

4 Likes

“Makuta has been consumed so much by his jealousy for his brother Ekimu that it became pure evil in his heart.” Blaze said, a pained tone in his voice as he empathized with Ekimu in imagining how much pain that caused him. “I want to hope he can be redeemed but he has shown no signs of such a desire.” Blaze told the Lord of The Core.

“Makuta has deceived some of the mightiest heroes of our world, the Twin Toa of Time and Space, and likely others to serve his dark conquest.” He wasn’t happy to say this but he recounted the tale of the adventures that had happened, from the day they retrieved the Mask of Skull Spiders, Sun Eater’s reveal, the Arena, Sand Ambush all the way to the present day, not missing any details he could recall.

“My lord, is there any way we can free your other siblings?” He asked, he hated seeing family separated like this; he had seen it in Sun Eater and Light Bringer and how happy they were when they met and how bright their future was when he last saw them.

“Perhaps we could find her mask and her prison and maybe find out how to bring her back.” Blaze hoped, he obviously hated seeing families separated like that and not being able to do anything about it to help mend whatever wounds and hurts that division caused.

“Not much of one, anyway.”

The river behind the group crept over with ice as the Lord of the Undying Storm walked across it. The Lord of the Core growled, balancing Symphony’s group on his hand, he stood as high as he could stand.

Brother.

“I missed you too!” He said, looking around. “Is this your new place? Loving the aesthetic, by the way.” He kicked lightly at the upper half of Bramble’s body, which was now stuck in the ice. He tried to hit him in retaliation, but The Storm was out of his reach.

Blaze looked nervous. He actually felt, in his spirit, the cold aura from the Lord of the Undying Storm. He cautiously went to get Bramble out of the ice, keeping an eye on The Storm as he approached his trapped friend. The Golden Armor protected him from the freezing effects of this aura but it was still able to be felt with it active.

Symphony looks at the Lord Undying Storm, spitting into the water below.
Symphony looks at Sonata,
“Be ready to put on that mask, I think you’ll need it.”
He turns to the Core,
“Your brother doesn’t have good manners…it annoys me.”
Melody facepalms.

1 Like

Hitora turned to him, gauntlets still active. “You…” He growled. “You!” He yelled as he ran at her, ready to roll off to the side if needed.

OOC: I had an idea to get rid of the inconsistency I pointed out earlier: maybe have Makuta and Ekimu and some other sets of names be used over and over again in the Mask Maker lineage, and they’ve been having a confusion of sorts?

Or we could ignore it.

1 Like

“Guys, I should warn you that these two are the Elemental Lords; the literal deities of the Elements and many hundreds of thousands of leagues more powerful than the Toa.” Blaze warned, recalling what little lore was in his family’s journal about them.

OOC: @Runa, maybe have Makuta here not be the first one to bear that name?

Kavix had a very bad feeling about the developing situation.

Symphony chuckles,
“I can tell that they’re strong…trust me I know what I’m doing.”
Melody looks very annoyed at Symphony.
Sonata holds a mask of power in her hand. Blaze might recognize it as the Mask of Decay. Symphony looks at Sonata then at Blaze, giving him a thumbs up.

1 Like

Kavix’s unease was not assuaged.

Blaze gives them a “don’t attack him with it” glance, referring to The Core, and a “attempt at your own risk” look referring to The Storm. He recognized the mask but showed no sign of it save the two glances.

He was nearing Bramble, keeping the Hunter between himself and The Storm. (@Ghidora131). He felt the instinctual urge to shiver being so close to the cold aura’s source.

^^^

IC: Nuuma takes the chance to slip off and look for the Chain

Vinazu flips to a new page, sketching Lord of Undying Storm.

1 Like

Kavix kept his hand wrapped around the hilt of his dagger, for what little good it would do him in this situation.

An idea suddenly ran through Hitora’s mind:

He punched with a right hook, reaching for his shield with his left hand, deactivating his left gauntlet.

1 Like

OOC: or the one from this era could be named after the original Makuta, the nice one from Hitora’s time?

IC: @Ghidora131

Blaze carefully took out his sword and shield to try melting Bramble out of the ice without hurting the Hunter.