Okotan Adventures

“True.” Wonder if well have to fight anything

“And, from the sounds of it, they powered it with a mask. Imagine the possibilities if we regain that knowledge of technology. All the great things we could do!” Vinazu said, obviously ‘geeking out’ a bit.

2 Likes

“Either way, it will be locked away but if the Arena is restored, the mask will be much safer, no offense, if it is powering the Floating Sky Arena because there will be constant staff on the premises, it would be very obvious if it was stolen and it would be relatively difficult to access with it being a floating structure.” Blaze tells the group, “If it is here, it would be in a place with a lot more potential access points and more potential security flaws due to it being in a public location and it is also exposed to a lot of Makuta’s minions who would have limits and many difficulties to getting to a floating arena and could virtually just simply walk in here, grab the masks and get out.” He says. He hopes nobody took offense to what he just said.

1 Like

“In fact, don’t tell anyone else, but it’s happened before, someone got in and released a prisoner.” Ekimu says.

“Which prisoner?” Kryuin asked.

“Kulta.” He pauses for second. “Oh, Skull Grinder, as you have most likely heard of him.”

Echo shuddered and his eyes widened “He got released?” Echo, despite his calm nature, looked terrified

1 Like

Blaze recalls something else. “Whatever happened to Skull Basher?” He asks Ekimu.

OOC: Hang on, according to the canon, Kulta’s pretty much dead as the third book had him fight one-on-one with Ekimu with the only conditions being that the Toa Masters can’t interfere and no Hammer of Power. The loophole Ekimu used was that he was able to use a weapon of the Toa; Onua’s Earthquake Hammer, to be specific and Ekimu won and, by all rights, Kulta’s pretty much dead unless he somehow, miraculously managed to survive that battle and the cave-in of the Skull Raider base of operations that was underneath the island.

“And subsequently crushed by rocks, if I remember correctly.”

1 Like

echo sighed in relief

“Basher?” Ekimu said. “He’s still in the prison underneath the Forge.”

1 Like

“Well, thats good to hear.” Kryuin said.

He gulps, hoping his dread was false. “And when was the last time you checked on him?” He says, very nervously.

“About two days ago.” Ekimu said. “I do so weekly.”

1 Like

“And you are sure he isn’t able to get out?” Blaze asks. Skull Basher may not have been the brightest lightstone in the cave but his raw, brute strength more than made up for his lack of intellect.

1 Like

“Yes. He’s without his mask, with runes around the room to sap his strength.”

1 Like

“Kulta had similar measures on him, I presume; so the question of how the Skull Grinder escaped remains.” He looks at Ekimu. “I’m sorry if I’m sticking my nose in business it ought not to be in.” He says.

1 Like

“It is fine, I had the same question. However, a more pressing question is why you haven’t started preparing yet?” He mused in an amused tone.

1 Like

“ComeBlaze, Ekimu does have a point, we should get going.” Kryuin said as he turned to leave.

“I am merely concerned about the safety of the island.” Blaze says. “But, you have a point that daylight is burning and the longer we spend talking, the less of a chance we have of recovering the masks before they fall into the wrong hands.” He prepares to leave.

(@TheMOCingbird). Blaze nods and begins writing up a final shopping list of supplies for the team’s new mission.

Once he finishes, he tells the others to stock up on supplies for the trip in the market before they leave. “Also, I think Vizanu and Nuuma should lead the group until we get to Nilkuu as they would know the terrain better than most of us being native to the regions we’ll be traveling through.”