Okotan Adventures

@jayzor17 Azure chuckles as they head off to Tathels village.

1 Like

It’s a warm, sunny day in the Jungle Region, with wildlife chirping and calling on all sides. The trees leave dappled shadows on the dirt path before them, something you wouldn’t see in the deeper reaches of the region where the canopy was so thick it blocked out the sky. A gentle breeze blows across the trail, smelling of the ocean.

“Soo…” Tathel says, trying to find a tactful way to approach the lava beast in the room. “Where are you from?”

2 Likes

Cappella sits next to Mark,
“Everything Okay?”

Geet watches Mark like a hawk.

@jayzor17 “Bernard’s room.” She stated, “It’s another universe I got here…!” she explains stopping mid-explanation thinking That’s probably more info than I should give out. “Oh… Were was yeah the universe thing, I must have hit my head or something.” She lied hoping he wouldn’t notice.

1 Like

“You’re from a different universe?” he asks after a moment, unsure of how else to phrase it. @Tarkur

2 Likes

@jayzor17 “Emm… yeah.” she says a bit hesitant about her answer but seeing as he would have figured it out sooner or later she decided on a yes. “Anyhow I’ve read books about this place, will we meet Lewa or any other toa?” she asked a bit curious she had met the G2 toa’s set forms but seeing their actual canonical versions would be cool she thought.

2 Likes

“No, the Toa left twenty years ago after defeating Makuta,” Tathel explains. “We do still have Ekimu protecting us, thank goodness, even though he isn’t quite a Toa.”

1 Like

@jayzor17 “Oh … okay that’s a bit disappointing.” she says not sounding very disappointed but she still felt a bit upset over that fact.

1 Like

“Well look at it this way: if the Toa aren’t here, it means that we don’t have anything they need to protect us from. We’re safe.” Tathel looks quite comfortable with that fact.

1 Like

“Yeah… but that wasn’t why they would be fun to meet” She muttered “Anyhow on a different note I don’t know if I have a stomach yet due to me coming from another universe and all that so having food just in case would be good.” she explained to Tathel. “Well, we know once it makes a sound!” she reassured him.

“Uh… yeah,” Tathel agrees. “We can stop by the market and grab you something.” How does she do anything if she doesn’t have a stomach?

2 Likes

“Okay then it’s no hurry, really I promise!” Azure said looking at the scenery “You know, something that would make this place perfect would be a touch of spring!” she noted. “Like the season spring.” She added to clarify.

1 Like

“Seasons?” Tathel asks.

OOC: I can’t imagine the Region of Jungle really having seasons; certainly nothing too pronounced. Maybe just a wet and a dry season? I dunno.

OOC: But from Azures perspective she might believe so she’s been living her life stuck in the same house for most of it.

IC: “Yeah, Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn the four seasons, You`never heard of it?” She says to the wondering Tathel.

1 Like

OOC: I’m not saying Azure’s wrong to bring it up; I’m just considering what Okoto would have.

IC: “Uh… no, can’t say I have,” Tathel admits.

2 Likes

OOC: Ok

IC: “Oh well seasons are something we have on Earth and they are based on where our planet is located in the rotation around the sun, when the Earth is farther away from the sun it’s winter and when it’s near the sun it’s summer, As for spring it occurs when the Earth is on it’s way closer to the sun and Autumn occurs when the Earth is moving away from the sun.” She explains
“The Earth takes about 365 days to rotate on lap around the sun, this means that each season is about 90 days each starting with Spring going to summer which turns to Autumn which becomes winter and then it’s spring again after the last year ended.” she continues her explanation “A year on Earth is 365 days since that’s the time it takes to rotate one lap around the sun.” she concludes

Tathel looks at her blankly. “Alright. That sounds nice.” He tries to sound pleasant.

1 Like

“Anyways the spring season is my favourite!” She replies without context.

“Oh. Okay!” Tathel may not understand seasons, but the concept of favorites makes perfect sense to him.

“So Tathel how long is a year on Okoto?” she asked out of curiosity.

1 Like