Okotan Adventures

Ekimu sees him. “Yes?”

Hitora chuckles at Pheore. “Don’t like him, I’d presume?” He says, referring to Vladin.

Nuuma nods as he finishes picking the fire apart. “Let’s go.”

2 Likes

Kavix nods and readies his crossbow.

Tarkur was already walking, his bow resting on his shoulder

“Fortunately for us,” Lync says, “we have a use for something that glows.” She motions for him to move his hand closer to the breach.

“I wished to provide you with a firsthand account of the theft of the Mask of Flight, sir.” Jaspar’s posture is stiff, his face blank as he tries to distance himself from the events that he’s recalling.

Pheore snorts. “If it was between all those people out on the street and being locked in a room with him, I’d stay on the street.”

2 Likes

Stranger does as Lync indicates.

1 Like

OOC: Oh dear, description post on my phone.

IC: His hand manages to light up a portion of the room beyond, a cavernous hall that they sit at the corner of. Old weapons and trophies line the walls, and some remnants of chairs and tables can be seen in the depths of the room. Everything is covered in a healthy veneer of frost.

“Look at that,” Lync says. “It’s an old fortress.”

1 Like

“Neat!” Stranger remarks. He hopes that this wasn’t the same fortress where Eric tried to kill him.

1 Like

Lync steps though the breach and walks along the wall, tracing her finger along a patch where the frost covering everything else is conspicuously absent.

“Somebody looted the place,” she comments, more to herself than the others.

OOC: Vanishing off to work again.

1 Like

“I don’t think anybody would mind,” Stranger notes. “It looks like all the people left.”

@Tarkur @Runa Kavix was ready to go.

“I mind,” Lync says. “What if I wanted to loot the place?”

1 Like

“Well, they didn’t take everything,” Stranger notes.

1 Like

“They sure didn’t leave anything interesting,” Lync retorts. A sour look can be made out from beneath her mask as she walks further along the wall, examining some of the remaining weapons and trophies.

1 Like

Stranger examines the more ornate trophies.

“I think this one’s pretty interesting…”

Lync glances over her shoulder. “Eh. Kinda interesting, but definitely not useful.”

OOC: Feel free to describe whatever Stranger is looking at, just as long as it makes at least a little bit of sense to have it in an abandoned ice fortress.

1 Like

“But what if I wanted to have a really big glass of water?” Stranger asks earnestly.

1 Like

“Then you could have a bunch of smaller glasses of water,” she states, making it sound like the answer should be obvious. She moves closer to Stranger, following the light. She taps a different ornament on the wall, the fang of a large predatory cat mounted on a plaque. “Wonder how many people died to get that?”

1 Like

Stranger whistles as he examines the fang. “Probably more than a few,” he estimates.

1 Like

“Those things are quite the hunters,” Lync comments, tracing the line of the fang. “Clever, too.” She bows her head. “Better people than me have died trying to keep the Region of Ice safe from them.”

1 Like

Stranger nods in acknowledgement. “I sure hope we don’t run into any.”

Lync nods slowly in agreement, her gaze lingering on the fang. I’m sorry, Glacium. You didn’t deserve to go out like that. She forcibly moves her gaze onward, scanning over the next few items. “I don’t suppose we’d be lucky enough to find a rare golden mask here…” she muses.

1 Like