Okotan Adventures

“My mask is gold,” Stranger points out.

Lync reaches over and pats Stranger on top of his head. “I’ve noticed. I’m looking for one that’s powered, though. Ever heard of the Mask of Sound?”

1 Like

“I have no idea what that is,” Stranger admits, “so I’m just going to nod my head and say ‘yes.’”

Stranger nods his head. “Yes.”

1 Like

Lync chuckles, moving farther into the hall. “Throughout history, there have been those who call themselves the Mask Makers, right?” The swirling snow outside creates a kaleidoscope effect on the shadows in the room, which seem to ■■■■■ and dance in accordance to Lync’s words. “They spent so much creativity on making masks that they forgot to come up with a catchier title. Most of the masks that they made just looked pretty, like yours or mine.” She gestures between the two of them. “But some Mask Makers learned the craft of infusing their Masks with power, which is available to those who where them. I’m helping a group of adventurers, warriors, and numskulls find whatever Masks we can. There’s a war coming, and we need all the power we can get.” The wind howls in a sudden crescendo and snow obscures the light from outside, leaving a stark contrast between Stranger’s light and the dark shadows beyond. Lync pauses, peering into the shadows before continuing.

“Ekimu sent Nahgor and I north in search of the Mask of Sound. It’s somewhere north of here, near a strangely shaped ice formation. We need to find it and bring it back to the City of the Mask Makers, preferably before someone else does.”

4 Likes

Tarkur waited too.

Blaze looked hopeful. This, to him, sounded like a far better sentence than rotting in prison for the rest of his life.

1 Like

@jayzor17 and how did Stranger respond to Lync’s lengthy exposition and the knowledge that Okoto’s fate rested on his shoulders?

“Neat.”

1 Like

OOC: I forgot what happened recently
I know I have Melody in the meeting hall. She was being silent.
Geet’s group were at the ruins I think they crossed a bridge or something.
Anything I need to know?

OOC: @Jcton The decision seems to be that they still don’t need a leader, though Kryuin and Gladius nominated themselves and Vladin was nominated by the rest of his family. Now they’re leaving the meeting hall and I think preparing to go explore the jungle region.

IC: @Chromeharpoon Lync shrugs. “Yeah, neat is one word for it.” The wind dies back down and the glow of ambient lighting returns. The storm as a whole seems to be dying down. As she glances up to ascertain this, an idea occurs to her. “Hey, do you see anything that looks like a way up?”

2 Likes

Gladius waited for an answer, his manner making it evident that he was not leaving until his concern was addressed. (@Runa)

The lone figure watched the city of the mask makers with some hesitation - he had, after all, been made to swear that he would speak to none of its people, and to treat them as no better than animals.

But someone said no - not some one, per say, but some thing; every plant around him seemed to wordlessly chime against the concept. He was so very young that his affinity with the element of Jungle had not even shown itself, but somehow Bramble could always feel whenever a trap was sprung, as if the reeds and vines making up the trap were sounding off an alarm. And these same invisible voices begged him to go back on the oath he promised so many, many years ago.

Is it my destiny to be tormented like this? He said, picking up a couple of rocks and beginning to make arrowheads. Is this how the lives of beings everywhere are strung?

1 Like

Blaze felt as if he should voice his thoughts but, recalling that while he has been shown the possibility of not rotting in prison for the foreseeable future is now on the table, it is still only a possibility and what he may say could remove that chance; he kept silent.

1 Like

“Er, it can wait if you have other things that need your focus, sir,” Jaspar appends, glancing at Gladius and Blaze.

If Ekimu allows for Gladius’s idea to be put into effect, I am going to take orders from Gladius and try my best to stay out of trouble. If it means I don’t have to be in a prison cell for the rest of my life, I will gladly do it. Blaze thinks.

1 Like

Geet’s group explores the ruins. @Runa

Melody stands up and sighs,
Today feels like a long day
She looks around her, in the meeting hall.

@jayzor17 Stranger looks for a way up, as Lync had suggested.

1 Like

With a mad look on his face, he continues.
“Its faster if we do it together, kohlii bones.”

“Ahaha! I like this one, It has spirit” bellows 1

OOC Kryuin never nominated himself, Echo nominated him.

IC The sun began to set as Kryuin (and any one else in the group who wants to) soon find themselves on the outskirts of the city, looking toward the jungle. “We should get at least a little ways into the jungle before we stop to make camp, and the others should be able to catch up pretty quick.” Kryuin said to Vladin. @Toa_Vladin

1 Like

Ekimu nods. “Go right ahead.” He then turns to Gladius. “I like that idea.”

Hitora nods along. “What’d he do?”

Nuuma was also ready, and headed off into the mountains.

4 Likes

Blaze kept quiet. Just because someone says they like an idea doesn’t guarantee that they will enact it, he has had similar experiences with his family when he was a kid.

1 Like