Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

#It’s out!

You can now download and explore the island of Okoto(as of November 31st, 2015)!

DOWNLOAD LINK: Okoto - 2015(use the folder inside)

MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE 1.9 SNAPSHOTS

There are 6 mask shrines, each housing their own masks with unique abilities;

-Holding Sneak with the mask of stone donned will activate the sandstorm tornado ability and lift you into the air!

-Sprinting with the mask of air for extended periods of time will build up a speed and jump boost, eventually allowing you to clear huge tracts of land in a single bound!

-Holding sneak for a(particularly long) period of time with the mask of ice equipped will charge up and project an elemental ice shield around the wearer.

-Holding sneak for a short period of time with the mask of water donned will activate the tidal dash ability, giving the wearer speed, strength, and regeneration for 10 seconds. Additionally, the mask of water greatly improves swim speed.

-Once a player has worn the mask of earth for a certain length of time, they will begin to emit purple particles. This indicates that, upon sneaking, they will create a tremor in the ground around them and pull nearby entities under.

-The mask of fire functions in a similar fashion to the mask of earth; after an extended period of time with the mask on, the player will begin to emit flame particles. This means that, upon sneaking, they will release a burst of flame in multiple directions and create a blazing inferno around them.(Be advised; this one is somewhat buggy and may cause lag issues if used too often.)

I couldn’t get much of the footage I took last night to render, so I’ll just leave you with a quick video of me testing the mask of stone in a flat world. The rest can just be surprises!

There are also a number of enemies lurking around the ancient city…

I won’t spoil too much, but some of them have abilities that you can use for yourself, if only you can obtain their weaponry!

12 Likes

NICE
I wish I could play Minecraft right now, but I will definitely download this for future exploration. :smile:

2 Likes

Will this work on servers because I want to put this map on my Minecraft server. Oh and great work on the map. I was trying to do something like this, then I saw what you were doing and just gave up…

2 Likes

It will work, but you need it to be in the latest 1.9 snapshot.

Cool
I guess I’d better get the snapshot server. if any one wants I can put the ip address up when I start the server so you can join.

Actually, come to think of it, I might ask you to hold off on that(if you aren’t renting a server already).

I’m considering launching a community game night on the map sometime during the coming winter break…

If you don’t mind waiting a couple weeks, I can help you save money/strain on your network and do my best to insure a decent turnout.

2 Likes

I’m not renting a server I just made one with 8 gigs of dedicated ram for me and my friends and thought maybe for an hour or so I might open it to any one on the forums who wants to join. but since you ask i’ll just keep it private for now.

1 Like

@Garnira I can’t play the map yet, but could ypu please post a screenshot of the user masks by the forge?

Hey just tested the map on my server with a friend… Nothing works (haven’t been to the city of the mask makers yet). so better fix that, I don’t know why it isn’t work unfortunately.

Did you turn command blocks on in the server properties file? That usually makes a huge difference.

I’ll do this tomorrow.

Dang it you posted just before I could get back, I was about to edit my post saying it was my problem not map related at all. oh and since i’m writing this comment now i’d like to say after exploring the map fully the only thing I don’t like is the lack of actual villages, one house per region isn’t enough.

Do you know if the new Minecraft Snapshots require Java 8? I haven’t been able to get them to work for me.

er, how do i add this to Minecraft? its been a long while since i last played Minecraft so how do i get to play this map on minecraft?

Hey man, does this map has to be played in some specific version of minecraft, when I try to open it crashes, even though I use mods they dont appear to be the problem

You have to play in the latest snapshot version, the post even says so. You should read it before you post questions like this.

That was part of the experiment; my intention is to fill in the map as we actually get solid information about the island itself. That said, I felt that there’s enough promo material featuring village huts to justify having at least one per region. Also, I’m not sure if you’ve found it, but the fire region village featured in the second(?) episode of the animations is actually present as well.

I probably should’ve built Nilkuu’s fortified village, but I wasn’t certain that I could do it accurately, given the limited description that the book provides.

Just copy the folder in the ZIP(titled “Okoto 2015”) to your saves folder(which is in the same directory as your resource packs folder). Then, load up minecraft with the latest snapshot and play!

I don’t think so; I’m running Java 7.

This:

1 Like

yeah i have a different problem now, everytime i try to play the map it just dumps me in the middle of the ocean with a large wall of water behing me.

@Garnira Will there be a 2016 update later on?

Theres a nice chunk of command block fun behind the forge. Might wanna fix that.
Since I suck at 1.9 PvP fighting everyone was hard, I just said “screw it,” played in Creative :smirk:
Apparently I can’t find Scorpio. In fact, I can’t even find the graveyard.
MAKUTA FORGE NO TOUCHIES
Can’t find Onya’s mask.
Took me a while to find the masks in each area, maybe put an arrow at the villages pointing right at the mask pedestals?

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE BLOCKS BEHIND THE CURTAIN

It’s in the wrong spot, unfortunately. Search for a hut somewhat near the border to fire region.

The graveyard is exactly where it’s supposed to be. I can guarantee you that. Scorpio, however, did not make the cut; there’s no plausible way for me to make that in mineraft without remodeling things. Ekimu’s tomb is actually worth finding though, so I recommend you do that.

That would be too easy.

Are you running it in the snapshots? There should be a canister shaped room full of signs. Right clicking the signs will send you to their respective regions.

If you are running the snapshot, do /kill. Your spawn should be set there or at least nearby.

Yes! As soon as we have story information and worldedit for 1.9, I’ll start on it!