Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

Looks good! Can’t wait for the finished product!

1 Like

With Bionicle ending, I find myself at a bit of a conundrum with this project. There’s still much to build, but I don’t really know how long people will still be interested in seeing it completed…

So uh, I don’t know. How many of you are still interested in seeing a completed version?(this would take a few more months at least)

Would anyone prefer it if I just polish up what I have now, and leave it at that?

I guess I just don’t want to keep grinding at it when the following is just bound to dissipate entirely.

2 Likes

Well, I’d say finish it. It seems like a lot of work to just discard and you have all the content you’re gonna get for G2 so why not.

4 Likes

I would also like to see it finished, if you’re up for it.

1 Like

PLEASE continue! It’s projects like this that truly keep BIONICLE alive!

2 Likes

You know, the quality of the design is incredibly good, especially for the Shrine of Ice. If this is still going anywhere, I’d love to see a version incorporating fanon, now that there will be no more official canon.

1 Like

Wow, looks amazing.

1 Like

I can promise you that if you do build it I’ll play it.

However I know what it feels for the inspiration for a major project to die suddenly. So only do it if your heart is up for it. If your heart aint up to it the quality of work will be pure snot.

3 Likes

Well, I guess I’m back at it.

I’ve just finished implementing the Mask of Time(which I didn’t initially plan to do), making some changes to the region of fire, and setting up the Umarak boss fight. Additionally, I’ve started on the Skull Spider cave from RoSS and made some progress with the Labyrinth of Control.

The Vahi will not be a wearable mask, but rather an incentive to visit its temple. Upon approaching the mask, it will tell you a random prophecy(one of 14) and award you ten levels of experience. Furthermore, as an unintended side effect of how I coded it, if you stay by the mask until the cooldown ends you won’t have any chance of getting the same prophecy as last time.

(and yes, that’s probably the worst prophecy implemented thus far, but I wasn’t willing to wait for a better one so you’ll just have to see them for yourself when it’s released.)

That’s not a bad idea, per say, but I have no intention of making it myself. If people want to add their fanon locations, enemies, etc. they’re more than welcome to download the finished version and do so(that’s the beauty of it being made in a sandbox game).

Thanks for the support, guys. I’m not going to guarantee that version two will be released, but as long as I feel like working on it, I’ll keep making that progress.

14 Likes

Any updates so far? I know it’s been a while, and I dunno if you are still working on it or not. If you think you are totally done, could you put up your latest version for download?

1 Like

I hate to be a bother, but how’s progress on this going?

4 Likes

Don’t worry about being bothersome; honestly it’s just nice to see that someone’s still interested in seeing this project finished.

That said, to be quite frank, it’s not.

I’ve been fairly bogged down in school and lacking motivation on my free time, so the only additions since last update have been limited to some progress on villages(there’s an earth one now) and the Skull Spider cave(from book 2).

That, and a Minecraft update having broken the mask of time and mask stealer staff mechanics… I’ll have to rewrite those…

6 Likes

So what is the last “safe” update to use?

In regards to minecraft? There isn’t really; I kind of need it to be in at least 1.10 going forward for certain blocks- most of the lava in the fire region has been replaced with magma so as to allow for natural fireticks(beforehand the coal blocks that made up the region would just burn down so I had to universally disable firespread).

If you’re referring to releases of the map that I’ve made previously, just don’t. They’re all bad… I wouldn’t play any of them in survival, and I’m fairly certain that the masks don’t work properly(even if they do, the mechanics are janky and outdated).

2 Likes