Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

Double post because this is getting buried and if I am to ask for help, I’d like people to see that I am.

Simply put, there’s a lot of open space in the City of The Mask Makers that I more or less just have to fill with generic ruins. It’s a pretty daunting task.

As such, I figured that I’d ask any of you that actually have the game to give me a hand in trying to fill it in. If anyone is feeling so generous as to build me some ruins to put in those empty spaces, it would be much appreciated! I will credit you for your work wherever this map is posted.

All you have to do is build some ruins on your singleplayer and give me the map or schematics.

6 Likes

you know you could just

make generic ruins?

I know, but that takes a lot more work than you might think to fill up that space.

If you’re implying that I put some cobblestone or stone brick on the ground in vaguely rectangular formations, that wouldn’t work either. It wouldn’t look nearly as filled in as the city does in the animations and renders.

1 Like

make moldy cobble houses that look like round huts and build them on top of eachother and such

Imagination

Which is precisely what I am doing. However, that is a ton of space to fill, which will undoubtedly take forever if I’m the only one working on the project. As such, I figured I’d give the community a chance to contribute, thus expediting the process and saving me time that could be better used working on other parts of the map(namely the shrines and those heads you were so worked up about a few posts back).

2 Likes

i don’t have the game (saving up for wii u and tv and Mario maker) if i did i’d be giving you stuff

ideas i have are cliff houses cliff armorys

use the cliffs more

1 Like

@Garnira How did you make that Kulta boss? It looks awesome!

P.S. I’d love to help with the ruins, but I only currently have access to PE.

@Garnira alright, I think I can help you out with this map, since I’m fairly good at building
MinecraftUsername:BlazingMeteor9

(COUGHCOUGH)

I could have people verify it, like @Scarilian
or better yet, I could build something to show my “skill”

1 Like

@BlazingMeteor Alright. Let me know if you get around to making something. I’d really appreciate the contribution. :smile:

@Lost_Head Kulta was made using a couple of online services and my own command know-how. Those services are mcstacker.bimbimma.com and heads.freshcoal.com

11 days later…

Just dropping a quick update in. I haven’t been working on this as much as I would’ve liked to and wish I could, but progress is being made.

I figured out how to both fill in a decent amount of space and do some world building at the same time; crop fields! I went for a terraced, sort of paddy esque look.

Additionally, it’s worth noting that not all of the huts will be empty. :wink:

8 Likes

i’d scrap the gates around them if they are to be paddy fields

@Garnira

Does this confirm Skull Villains and Slendermans-err-men-err-mens?

3 Likes

@Montosoy9
I tried to, but the image I used wasn’t proportional to the scale and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it. The map isn’t exact, but it should be pretty much to scale, aside from maybe the ancient city(which they seemed to have determined the position of as an afterthought).
@VictorianPanda
Yeah, I’m still not 100% sure about the gates either. Wood isn’t used too much in the city and they look kinda out of place.
@Lost_Head
Get spooked.

1 Like

terrace farms don’t use them
why would okoto

Uh… So children don’t fall into paddies and drown? This is right on the edge of the biggest city on Okoto, I figure there’s probably going to be at least one stupid kid in town. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you still need ruins?

usually paddies are sort of short
here does this look like it has fences

@Gresh113 Yes, I most certainly do!

@VictorianPanda I don’t know. I can’t see the bottom terrace. That’s the only one I have fences around.

Besides, your example ignores my initial justification; my farm is in a densely populated metropolitan area which would have not only more people, but more consciousness of safety. The one you’ve shown is in a rural area that may or may not regulate who enters the fields.

1 Like